+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would really change day cares. That's way too much sickness . So constantly there would be someone sick at that centre then.. No good. Just move her
    Ds was always getting head colds at one place as a baby.. Always! So I moved him and it improved so much. I think the centres hygiene has a lot to do with it as well as the kids. They should be making sure babies/toddlers hands are washed well before every meal. Toys clean etc..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kim85 For This Useful Post:

rosey82  (21-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was exactly the same- from 8 months to 2 ish years it felt like she was sick everyday, then it was almost overnight that she no longer "caught" the gastro, flu, cold etc that everyone had.
    She is now 6 and I can count on one hand how many times she's been ill in the last 4 years - her immune system seems bulletproof.
    My DS is 3 and he has honestly (touch wood) never been really sick - he's had an ear infection at 6 months and that's it, he's been exposed to the same amount of children, at the same centre ( albeit 3 years apart)

I seriously have no explanation

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tproz For This Useful Post:

rosey82  (21-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'd change childcare centre's. Clearly they aren't following hygiene procedures.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

rosey82  (21-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Id see how you go now youve had a word with them.
    Toddlers have awful germy habits of sneezing on each other, touching each other & everything.
    Its unfortunate she has been ill so often i hope it gets less frequent

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

rosey82  (21-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've talked to the director and room superviser, they reluctantly agreed to move her out of the babies room, but had concerns how she would go with the bigger kids. We all agreed to hold off for 6 weeks until she is 2 to hopefully make it a smoother transition.
    Hopefully now they are aware of it the sickness might settle down, but in the meantime I'm going to call a few other daycares in the area to ask about places.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm not sure it is the blame of the centre. My DD was sick every fortnight for 18 months. Tons of illnesses. ..mostly fevers and viruses. ..upper respiratory infections etc.
    Her centre would wipe everything down all the time for us because she has a syndrome/heart condition. And she still got sick. I've even had her bloods done for immunity testing and she was normal. I just think some kids struggle more.
    We did get her tonsils out late last year to help. She hasn't caught as many upper respiratory stuff or had it as bad since. So that has helped.
    Good luck. It's very distressing. And very hard to maintain work as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DS was barely having 2 days between illnesses and when he had been in daycare for more than 12 months and getting worse instead of better I started trying to get more answers.

His big sister had needed her tonsils out to stop getting sick. But she'd always had tonsillitis or ear infections. DS was getting a lot more croup and coughs and was suspected of asthma.

I had tried Aerius at a Drs suggestion in case it was allergies. However a couple of weeks before Ds turned 2 I was at the chemist getting my telfast and noticed a kids one. I spoke to the pharmacist to see if Aerius was like telfast, they explained it was closer to claratyne. Since claratyne doesn't do squat for my allergies I decided to try DS on telfast.

It worked wonders. I had him on it all last winter and stopped in about November. He was so much better and would only get sick every couple of weeks like a normal daycare kid. I've just started him back on it (unfortunately after we both caught our first cough of the season!!).

I wouldn't think it would work for everyone but DS was a sniffly baby from birth and hayfever runs in the family. So for him it looks like allergies were leaving his body weakened and open to catching everything going around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    I'm not sure it is the blame of the centre. My DD was sick every fortnight for 18 months. Tons of illnesses. ..mostly fevers and viruses. ..upper respiratory infections etc.
    Her centre would wipe everything down all the time for us because she has a syndrome/heart condition. And she still got sick. I've even had her bloods done for immunity testing and she was normal. I just think some kids struggle more.
    We did get her tonsils out late last year to help. She hasn't caught as many upper respiratory stuff or had it as bad since. So that has helped.
    Good luck. It's very distressing. And very hard to maintain work as well.
    But did they send sick children home?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    But did they send sick children home?
    Yes. Kids with fevers and stuff.
    However...lots of people send their kids to daycare sick. .like giving them panadol at 8am...dropping them and then get a call 5 hours later saying their child has a fever!
    Happens everywhere. Or with a cough etc.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

MrsSS  (21-04-2016)