I will try to make this as short as possible (here's hoping):
I am almost five weeks pregnant and am likely to have an ectopic pregnancy.
Levels are still doubling but there is no visible sac in the uterus. My FS advised by now 90% of women would show a sac via internal ultrasound.
If my levels have doubled to over 3200 by Friday (1600 as of yesterday) and he cannot see a sac then he will take this as confirmation of being ectopic, given I have a damaged right tube (ultrasounds over the past months have shown a very clear hydro in right tube, although there was spillage during HSG, which made the situation more confusing). The tube is not a normal shape though which indicated an embryo may still have trouble going through. As there was no definitive answer he allowed us to try naturally for a few cycles before moving to IVF since I have an extremely low AMH level for my age (with the plan to have a laparoscopy prior to IVF).
He confirmed I ovulated out of my right ovary, which is the side the hydro is on.
I was hoping I could get some first hand information from those who have had surgery to understand:
1. What was your recovery like?
2. How long did you have off before going back to work (I realise it depends on the individual)?
3. How long was your surgery and was it complicated?
4. How far away from hospital were you if tube ruptured (my FS is through a private hospital, which is where my surgery would be, about 20-25 minutes drive away)?
I have an extreme phobia to general anaesthetic, therefore my mind is currently telling me this isn't going to end well, which of course I know is very unlikely as I'm being monitored daily and we will know the outcome by Friday.
If the ectopic is confirmed Friday he will operate on Monday or Tuesday as he doesn't want to wait any longer than a few days, given I only have a week or so until I'm at high risk of it rupturing (again I know ruptures have happened prior to six weeks, it all depends on where in the tube it is located).
I haven't had any cramps or other pains as yet (or bleeding).
I've cancelled my work travel and will work from home after today until I have a clear answer so that I'm close to hospital.
Thanks in advance for any information.