+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Recommendations for female obs

Hi everyone,
    I am looking for recommendations for female obstetrians in Perth. I am from the east coast so have no idea as to who is who.

Dr Melissa O'Neill is away in annual leave and I have seen a few other names - Helen Clarke, Wei-ying Chua and Lisa Wong on some sites but really have no idea.

Your feedback on your experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Melissa is brilliant so it's a shame she's away. She was my ob for both of mine and she's just amazing.
    Helen Clarke is incredible. I know a number of people who have used her and her dedication to her patients is above and beyond. She's very supportive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friend used Helen Clarke for her 5 deliveries.

Maybe look to see which hospitals they deliver at, in case that makes a difference.

I'm no help. My OB is male and will be delivering my #4 in a couple of months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've heard Seonaid Mulroy is amazing - she trained with Craig Pennell who is one of the best OBs in WA. She's at SJOG Subi and Mt Lawley and KEMH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second Seonaid Mulroy, I had her recently with a difficult pregnancy and delivery and she was awesome. I also really like Richard murphy and Michael Allen (I work in the industry!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Seonaid was my ob too, she was brilliant! Great doctor and just a lovely person too. I'd highly recommend her too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @OlderFirstTimer I'm 21 weeks with my first and went with Dr Linda Wong who delivers at SJOG Subi. My husband and I really like her as she has a no nonsense no small talk approach whilst still being very friendly. We're not really fans of chit chat. I've had quite an uneventful pregnancy so far but Dr Wong seems like she would be very calm in an emergency which I like. Good luck with your OB hunt. I think where you want to deliver may have a big impact on your choice of OB so its good to have decided that first.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Thank you!

Awesome, thanks so much everyone for the response. I will start the ring around today!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apologies I just read the full title of the thread saying female obs! It does depend on which hospital you want to birth at but if you are looking at SJOG Subi I would definitely look at Shona Mulroy.