+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Got back on the weekend

Left my toy cars in Orange

Getting over the man flu. Did some big days on one job. Up at 6 and left the job after midnight. Most days i finished by 9 pm with a 6:30 start. I feel like a farmer lol
    Last edited by DaveTTC; 19-04-2016 at 21:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    Got back on the weekend

Left my toy cars in Orange

Getting over the man flu. Did some big days on one job. Up at 6 and left the job after midnight. Most days i finished by 9 pm with a 6:30 start. I feel like a farmer lol
    You're almost qualified to be in this thread.
    I did 3 trips up with gear last week, that road is boring!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    You're almost qualified to be in this thread.
    I did 3 trips up with gear last week, that road is boring!
    I may need a bikini wax and a breast implant for qualification

You had three trips to Orange?

If you're doing another trip you can pick up my casts for me 😉
    Last edited by DaveTTC; 19-04-2016 at 21:45.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    It is desperate. We had so many friends and some family that had to walk and it's just heartbreaking. DH just goes to pieces at the thought of it being him that loses the family farm. The pressure is enormous. I think it can be so isolating too.
    Absolutely. Whilst in some ways I know DH is excited about being the one on the farm, the one running the farm, five generations of pressure on his shoulders is huge. And I think it is isolating. And the pressure almost to compete with neighbours who all seem to be getting it right. I don't know. I'm just glad I work off farm. I feel like it gives us a safety net. For now anyway...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad lots of people are able to sow. We have sheep and cattle. Normally put in a couple hundred acres of forage oats, put 30 on in February (that has just survived) but haven't been able get any more in since. Haven't even been able to plough all of it yet.
    We live on dh's parents place (he's in partnership with them and owns part of the land) and I don't get on with my mil so that limits what I do on the place. She's of the opinion that I shopped the be doing anything 'in case I get hurt' or some crap. Working off farm and the 2 kids keeps me fairly busy anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are beef cattle graziers in south western Qld. Have a breeding herd of approx 1100 cows + progeny spread across 31000 acres. It is run as a family partnership and split across 2 properties which are 400km apart. DH and I run one of the properties. It is very dry here at the moment. We haven't run water in 2.5 years. My house dam is almost empty. So will be letting my garden go next week if it doesn't rain. We had a bit of rain around easter so decided to plant our usual 600 acre oats crop. Good germination and its mostly up but it Has been hot and dry since so desperately need rain now. I only have the one 3.5 year old DD. She is a kindy which is 50km drive away. The closest town with shops is 85km and our service town groceries/medical etc is 160km. Life is hard some days but life is good. I much prefer it to the city.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    So nice to talk to others who know what it's like. We've been seeding for two weeks already and still lots to go. Being home with three kids on school holidays who are missing their dad is hard. I miss him too, just having someone else to do something rather than having to carry everything yourself. My mum and dad live three hours away and usually come for a week to give me a sanity break but they're overseas (which I'm glad about - they've earned it after all the support that they've given us over the last two years)
    We've had quite a bit of rain for us which is good but then you know, it's the getting bogged while trying to seed and spray...
    We are the opposite.. So so dry here at the moment!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Em9 View Post
    We are the opposite.. So so dry here at the moment!
    The getting bogged is definitely a good "problem" to have.
    I so hope all you guys get the rain I know you need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are quiet fortunate that with exports for macadamias so big at the moment and Australia can't keep up with demand we are getting pretty good prices. But we actually received to much rain during flower set and don't quiet have the crop we had last year but hey that's farming right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, DH packed his bag tonight. I think I'm going to be baching it from tomorrow. But apparently I have to help him pull out fence posts tomorrow morning before he leaves - I get to drive the loader!

Photo because I can - sent it to my nephew because I don't think he believes how big our tractor is!

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1461240937.362142.jpg

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (21-04-2016),TheGooch  (21-04-2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast