+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Im halfway there.
    Hubby works a 38hr week for hos employer and farms every other spare hour of daylight.

We have 200 head of beef cattle and also grow lucent

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're on the darling downs in qld. An hr from proper town and about 20 mins to little town with shop and fuel. Also where kids go to kindy and will go to school.

We have dd1 almost 5, Ds1 31/2, ds2 almost 2 and I'm 32 wks with dd2.

I work on the farm when I can. I feed the calves most days, but hubby is starting to take over that duty as lifting 20 litre buckets of milk to fill the calf feeders is starting to set of Contractions :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We are probably what's called hobby farmers, only have 84 acres with cattle on it. Enough to have a play around with but not very big as far as farms go. It's beautiful out here (West Gippsland, Vic), I am loving the lifestyle. I hope I never have to go back to the city to live (born and bred in Melbourne).

I have a random question for other rural people: can you recommend a good am/fm radio for use in remote areas? I've discovered that digital ones don't work, but I don't want to buy any old am/fm one if not all radios work out here.

I've got other questions but they escape me now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got a Makita radio that works great where ever I am.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveTTC For This Useful Post:

Hollywood  (20-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I'm a farmers wife. We have a guava farm plus lease 4 macadamia farms. It's picking season on the guavas and harvest in the Macas at the moment so hubby is currently working 7 days a week and Thursday and Friday nights just to keep up but on the down time of the year it's tonnes more flexible. We are currently saving to buy our own macadamia farm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by our4boys View Post
    Yes I'm a farmers wife. We have a guava farm plus lease 4 macadamia farms. It's picking season on the guavas and harvest in the Macas at the moment so hubby is currently working 7 days a week and Thursday and Friday nights just to keep up but on the down time of the year it's tonnes more flexible. We are currently saving to buy our own macadamia farm.
    Guavas and macadamia's sound so much more exotic than "wheat n sheep"!

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Farmers Wife

My people!!!!
    Just started sowing here too! DH is out on a tractor somewhere. I am at home working, eating maltesers, watching MKR and having a glass of wine.

We have 18 mo DS with plans for TTC early next year.
    We're 45 from my main workplace (big town) and about 25 mins from a smaller town that has some great cafes, restaurants, shopping etc.
    I have no idea on acreage - I'm a new farmer's wife - but I think it's around 3000acres dry country in northern Victoria.
    Who else is a) hoping for rain... But not too much and b) planning the next 6 weeks as if you had no DH?

Hope this year is better than last for everyone xx
    Last edited by TheGooch; 19-04-2016 at 20:34.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Guavas and macadamia's sound so much more exotic than "wheat n sheep"!
    Doesn't it just?! I was given an almond tree for my birthday that I'm hoping will survive out here lol, that's as exotic as we get!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Em9 For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    My people!!!!
    Just started sowing here too! DH is out on a tractor somewhere. I am at home working, eating maltesers, watching MKR and having a glass of wine.
    Who else is a) hoping for rain... But not too much and b) planning the next 6 weeks as if you had no DH?

Hope this year is better than last for everyone xx
    Yes and yes!!
    This time of year and harvest I have a big dislike for.. I don't mind being at home alone but get over being a single parent lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Em9 For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    So nice to talk to others who know what it's like. We've been seeding for two weeks already and still lots to go. Being home with three kids on school holidays who are missing their dad is hard. I miss him too, just having someone else to do something rather than having to carry everything yourself. My mum and dad live three hours away and usually come for a week to give me a sanity break but they're overseas (which I'm glad about - they've earned it after all the support that they've given us over the last two years)
    We've had quite a bit of rain for us which is good but then you know, it's the getting bogged while trying to seed and spray...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (19-04-2016)