Are you, or is someone you know pregnant and open to receiving support during pregnancy, labour and the postnatal period?

Hi, My name is Nicole. I am a Midwifery student Studying at Australian Catholic University (ACU) in Melbourne and am currently in my final year of study. As a Midwifery student at ACU we follow the journey and provide support to pregnant women and families through the Continuity of Care Experience (CCE).

The CCE program allows students the opportunity to support women through their pregnancy by learning from them and their experiences. It gives the midwifery student the opportunity to experience continuity in practice, and provide regular support and care throughout pregnancy, labour, birth and the postnatal period (4 - 6 weeks after birth).

Communication between a woman and midwife is fundamental to providing quality care. I believe that developing relationships and providing support can be achieved through listening, sharing stories and following the journey of women through their pregnancy. In this regard the woman becomes a mentor, through shared knowledge the student is able to understand the needs of women and families during this time.

I would love to hear from anyone interested in the CCE program.The program involves support in the antenatal period (at least 4 visits), being present at the birth if you wish to have me there, and following up with 2 postnatal visits. The level of involvement is at your discression and you can withdraw from the from the program at any time. Any information that is disclosed is kept strictly confidential in line with the University's policies and procedures.

For more information on the program please visit:

A little bit about me:

I am a 26 year old midwifery student in my final year of study. I am a registered nurse, childcare worker, shoe production assistant and student. My interest in midwifery began when my best friend became pregnant 3 years ago, being her only support person, I was just as confused as she was, scared and had no idea what was happening! but, I was amazed! Throughout her labour I got beaten up and yelled at, but when she gave birth to that baby I felt like the most privileged person in the world, to be allowed in that room and couldn't help but think, being a midwife is amazing so here I am...

If your interested in the program send me a reply or otherwise you can email me at

I look forward to hearing from you,