+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Had a lovely afternoon, some friends visited with their gorgeous 6 month old. My parents took dd out late arvo for an early dinner so DH and I lounged around doing nothing, watching tv and eating ice cream (throwback to pre dd days, sans hangover!).
    Excited to get the results of my harmony test tomorrow or Tuesday and know the gender of belly baby 😬

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    Hello everyone.
    So how your day been?
    Are looking forward to/dreading anything this week?

More importantly on a scale of 1 to 100 how weird is it that I hate the feel of all make up and jewellery?
    I don't even wear my engagement/wedding/eternity rings.
    I am both dreading, and looking forward, to H coming 'home' tomorrow morning.

30- mainly for the wedding ring bit
    Last edited by DT75; 17-04-2016 at 21:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We had a lovely day! DD has been a total joy this weekend, took her to a bbq at friends last night and had a family do for my uncle's 70th today and she was a delight all day
    Dreading taking her in for a blood test this week. Paed thinks she is getting anaemic. Poor little thing hopefully it's over quick and she's not too upset.
    And on the jewelry and make up not that weird. I wear only tinted moisturiser and minimal jewelry (wedding ring and studs). Some days even tinted moisturiser makes me feel gross.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Hello everyone.
    So how your day been?

More importantly on a scale of 1 to 100 how weird is it that I hate the feel of all make up and jewellery?
    Day was long - trip to the city with three kids, DH jumped off tractor into the car. Left at 1pm, got here at 5.30pm
    Dreading blood test results tomorrow - always do. Mum is 13 years post transplant and still does so I don't think it will ever go away.
    Looking forward to a night with my husband!
    I'd say you're a 2 on the scale. I wear my rings but no other jewellery unless going out and can't wait to take it off. Make up? My "full face" is other people's everyday. My everyday is nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Very relaxed day. Took DS to a party and incidentally @LoveLivesHere I hadn't worn my rings in about a year and then had to ice my finger and use butter to get it off. Won't be wearing it again for a while!

Looking forward to a cruisy week and hoping that DD sleeps like she did last night - only woke once at 4.30am. Fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Hello everyone.
    So how your day been?

Hi not too bad so far. Got some sleep last night after dd1 having friends sleep over for her birthday the night before. Yeah we all only got 4 hours sleep max after a flat out day.

I feel all weird wearing makeup too but I wear my rings dp got me and earrings I have had in since forever. Funny you should bring it up actually. Dp and I are planning on getting married later this year and while I realise some people choose not to wear their rings (and I'm OK with others doing that), I'm discovering it's something I'm not really OK with for myself and dp. Dp has said he doesn't know if he can wear a ring or if it will be too strange for him. On the other hand, his job can make wearing a ring hazardous so I understand that part. To me a ring is worn to proudly show you love someone and are not interested in anyone else and it is a big flashing neon sign from the other partner to say back of he/she is taken.

So, I'm torn on this particular topic. Not everyone feels the same. I'm completely fine with that and with anyone else who chooses not to wear their rings. Just not so sure on how I feel about dp possibly choosing not to wear one himself on the basis of it feeling strange. Not wearing one for safety I can understand though. I often have to take one of mine off for periods of a time because it seems I have an allergy to white gold. So I understand that reasoning too
    My day. Church and than home to make
    21 mini fruit cakes
    12 chocolate cup cakes
    12 dinosaur cup cakes
    48 pizza pinwheels.
    And dinner for family and a separate meal for me.
    About to make white chocolate brownies and watch a movie that do put on. No idea what it is

I am dreading ds2 ot appointment. It only our 2nd one and she wants me to run it. >_<

Pretty much Tuesday and Wednesday are medical appointments one after another. Normal they are easy days.
    Why so much food? Is it just for the freezer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post

Why so much food? Is it just for the freezer?
    Yes to freezer for treats for the week/fortnight.

On the wedding ring thing. I wore mine til my fingers swelled with dd1. That was about 4 months worth.
    Dh has only not has his on when the er dr cut it off until we got it fixed. About 3 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hello everyone.
    So how your day been?

not really that weird. I take all my jewelry off at home. can't stand fussing around with rings etc. weirdly enough, I like wearing a bra. I feel strapped in and ready to go lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    As soon as i get home from work, I take off all jewelry including wedding and engagement rings plus earrings and warch, cant stand wearing it all. I like makeup but as soon as i get home that has to come off too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    As soon as i get home from work, I take off all jewelry including wedding and engagement rings plus earrings and warch, cant stand wearing it all. I like makeup but as soon as i get home that has to come off too.
    oh I'm totally the same. can't leave home without either but have to take everything off (except my bra lol) once I get home.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (18-04-2016)