+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Early dating scan doesn't match ovulation?

I had my early dating scan the other day, which was amazing! Now I know baby will come whenever he/she is ready but still curious that the sonographer told me, based on measurements, that I was actually 8 weeks not 7w4d so due 3 days earlier than calculated by my LMP. The weird thing is that I'm almost certain I ovulated on CD15 because my BBT spiked on CD16. But being 8 weeks would mean I actually ovulated on CD12 which is very early and I had no signs of ovulating then. I also had an implantation dip on 9dpo which matches my predicted ovulation date. Is it possible baby is just growing quickly and it's irrelevant when I ovulated? Could it be because conception happened so quickly after ovulation because we only DTD on CD12 and CD15.

Anyway, I asked her which we go with, ovulation date or foetus size and she said it really doesn't matter, we can just pick either date but we must stick with it. Anyone else have this happen?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Conception doesn't necessarily happen when you ovulate and the scans are not 100% accurate. I was given three different due dates, all within a week of each each. I don't think 4 days should make much difference to how your pregnancy is managed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When measuring at such an early gestation 0.5mm can make a huge difference in dating. Most Ob/mw would go off LMP. My pregnancies are ivf so I know exactly what dates I'm dur but I still get asked at every single scan when my LMP was.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 17-04-2016 at 23:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try not to worry. at my dating scans my bubs were 4 and 5 days behind.
    12 weeks they were 3 and 1 day behind. 20 weeks they were 5 and 10 days ahead. Both were very healthy and i know when i ovulated also

5. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (24-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't be concerned about the few days difference. They actually say +-2 weeks due to not being 100% accurate. I ovulate late (day 22 usually) and have small babies so whenever I've had scans they try and change my dates up to 2 weeks from LMP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your input! Will just take it one scan at a time and go with the earlier date given so there are no surprises!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your input! Will just take it one scan at a time and go with the earlier date given so there are no surprises!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Likely just measurement error, I wouldn't worry x

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just done our first scan at 7wk & 5 day, picture came up with measurement of 8 wk & 1 day 3 days early at 1.66cm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With dd the dating scan put me back a week. I was sure of conception so knew it was wrong.

It was changed back to my dates at the 12 week scan.

Early scans can be slightly off. I also wouldn't worry dr/ob don't usually change your was unless it's out by more than a week.