+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    I think that is one of the companies I looked up!!! We're in Bundy, but I don't know that I'd find anyone up here to do it, or if I did, that I would be comfortable with that in a place with a relatively small population.
    I don't blame you! Not sure but it might be worth taking a trip down south 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No I wouldn't. I'm super comfortable in my body, but I would never do anything with photos like that of myself, and would rather spend the money on other things.
    But, if you want to do it, go for it. I'm not opposed to the idea in general, just for me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (17-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    When hubby was studying overseas and I was stuck here working. I did a glamour shoot with one lingerie shot. I sent it too him as a surprise. He loved it. This was 20 odd years ago. I couldn't do one now, even though I am more comfortable/confident in my own skin.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Why the hell not? I have seen some amazing 40s pin-up era ones that look amazing!

Just make sure you pick a photographer you like.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't think I would. I'm not really a sexy lingerie kinda gal.

If I was in great shape and a bit younger I'd maybe pose for some tasteful black & white shots though, but not in anything lacy or racy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Definitely!
    However, I can't stress enough choosing an experienced, superb photographer, especially when you don't have experience in front of the camera. If you aren't good with doing your own makeup, I'd also pay to have that done.
    It's not something I would skimp on, because crap photos can really hit your confidence

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (17-04-2016),VicPark  (17-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a pinup shoot done last year and I loved it!! Was awesome fun, so would definitely do a boudoir shoot. I had a couple of semi nude shots done and there hanging in our room and we both love them!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did that for my first husband in my early 20s and well before any babies. I'd def need to get back into shape again before I'd consider doing it again.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimmmm For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @atomicmama - I'm not bad with doing my own make up... but I'd pay to get my make up and hair done. I think it would help to "get into character" for want of a better phrase. I've done things dancing on stage that I'd never have the courage to do normally. It's the costumes, hair and make up that help. So of course, I'd also need to go and buy new lingerie (the one thing on which DH doesn't care how much I spend!), and a couple of pairs of beautiful stilettos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    I think that is one of the companies I looked up!!! We're in Bundy, but I don't know that I'd find anyone up here to do it, or if I did, that I would be comfortable with that in a place with a relatively small population.
    Even better then....take a 3 day weekend with your partner and travel to the sunshine coast (anywhere within driving range, I guess) and get it done there.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Albert01 For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (17-04-2016),VicPark  (17-04-2016)