+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Boudoir photo shoot - would you?

For a while I've been thinking about doing a boudoir photo shoot. Quite honestly, it scares me quite a bit. But, I've never felt sexy as such, and since becoming mumma to DS, I've had very little opportunity to even dress up, my hair and skin has become pretty terrible, and I haven't even been able to wear nice underwear because I am still breastfeeding and my choices in bras are limited because of my size. Maybe this will help me feel more like Tiny Dancer than just mum, and give me some more confidence.

So, would you do a boudoir photo shoot? Why/why not?

Thanks
    Reviews
    What is a boudoir photo shoot

I'd give almost anything a go a once

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Personally I wouldn't because I'm incredibly self conscious in even non boudoir photos. I just don't photograph well. However, if you feel confident enough then I think you should go for it! Why not treat yourself to a touch of glamour!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (17-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I booked in to do a shoot after my third Bub was born, for hubby, but one thing after another and life just kind of happened so it got forfeited. It was way out of my comfort zone. I don't even feel comfortable being naked in my own home really. So not sure I could have gone through with it in the end.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @DaveTTC - I stole a definition off a website:
    Boudoir – comes from late 18th century French word and is translated as – a woman’s bedroom or a private sitting room.  Boudoir photography, therefore, usually takes place in a setting such as a bedroom or a hotel room… an intimate setting to create classy images that can be soft, romantic, sexy, sensual, or naughty.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hell yeah. Why not?

Curiosity got the better of me so i did a little more reading on it. Almost exclusively women but sometimes a couple and rareky a man.

I'll be rare

Implied nudity. I could do that

If you feel up for it i reckon your partner would love to see the results

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveTTC For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sure why not! When you are 80 you can look back and say "that was me back in the day".
    Or you could get some sexy lingerie, book a hotel room and let hubby take the pictures... I'm sure he would appreciate that.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (17-04-2016),Tiny Dancer  (17-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I recently had one done, it was something that a always wanted to do and my husband organised it as a 30th birthday present for me.... If you are interested I would look up fearless boudoir not sure where you are based but Aly does an amazing job! All of my photos are flattering and she made me feel completely comfortable, do it for yourself not necessarily for everyone to see

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSMS For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Janesmum123 View Post
    Sure why not! When you are 80 you can look back and say "that was me back in the day".
    Or you could get some sexy lingerie, book a hotel room and let hubby take the pictures... I'm sure he would appreciate that.
    I'm sure he would love it. He's quite into photography. However, I am quite awkward, and would need to be told how to pose. This is way out of my comfort zone... but I'm tired of feeling bleh and I never do anything to far out of my comfort zone. I was thinking about doing it for my birthday.

And we don't have anyone to look after DS up here. Some how I don't think having him in the room would help me relax 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSMS View Post
    I recently had one done, it was something that a always wanted to do and my husband organised it as a 30th birthday present for me.... If you are interested I would look up fearless boudoir not sure where you are based but Aly does an amazing job! All of my photos are flattering and she made me feel completely comfortable, do it for yourself not necessarily for everyone to see
    I think that is one of the companies I looked up!!! We're in Bundy, but I don't know that I'd find anyone up here to do it, or if I did, that I would be comfortable with that in a place with a relatively small population.