+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik199 View Post
    Hi Em, just wondering how you're getting on? Did you require the d&C in the end? I hope things have settled for you. I'm a week since the bleeding finally stopped and think my body might be gearing up to ovulate although it's impossible to tell at this stage and OPKs have never worked for me. I just go by CM. A part of me is tempted to try again right away even though we've been offered testing now after two mcs. It's so confusing to know what to do!
    I'm so sorry I didn't see a notification for this!!
    I ended up with the d&c. It all went ok, they removed a small bit of stuff but that was it. I bled a lot in the days after so ended up taking medication to stop that and all was ok. We started ttc straight away but I have just got AF 31 days after d&c. Was Devo coz I just wanted to be pg again to either have a baby or get the 3rd mc out of the way. Now we have to wait another month.
    What did you decide to do?? I'll try and check this more often to keep in touch. I just completely missed it.
    Hopefully we will both have bubbas on the way soon!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Em, I hope we do too, the waiting is the hardest part! Glad for you that your cycles are back after d&c, I know it's tough now to have to wait another round. For me there was no ttc before my first AF came, I must have ovulated right when mc bleeding stopped because about 2 weeks later I got my period anyway. My cycle has been tracking pretty normally since and I'm in my first two week wait since mc, but I'm not getting hopes to high as DH and I only had one go during my window, he had to go interstate for work after that. Frustrating! I guess there's still a chance tho. We'll see! In the meantime I've had all the mc testing done and am waiting for results. Initial ones are clear. It was just one long blood test with 14 vials for all the different panels (tiny vials, so not much blood) but I'm glad I've done it and it's out the way. DH had only one done for chromosomal translocation. Hoping for us both the next one is sticky and we can put this all behind us! Good luck, let me know how u get on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just reading this thread as I had a mc at 5 weeks in March, got pregnant again after a full cycle then yesterday at 9w3d my baby has died (after a perfect scan and heartbeat at 6w3d).

I am having a D&C tomorrow and ob has asked me to come back for some tests in 6 weeks time to see what's going on.
    I had no troubles with ds1 (first pregnancy) and I have no issues falling pregnant and both miscarriages have been completely different.

It's devastating (as you all would know) and such an emotional roller coaster.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Em, I hope we do too, the waiting is the hardest part! Glad for you that your cycles are back after d&c, I know it's tough now to have to wait another round. For me there was no ttc before my first AF came, I must have ovulated right when mc bleeding stopped because about 2 weeks later I got my period anyway. My cycle has been tracking pretty normally since and I'm in my first two week wait since mc, but I'm not getting hopes to high as DH and I only had one go during my window, he had to go interstate for work after that. Frustrating! I guess there's still a chance tho. We'll see! In the meantime I've had all the mc testing done and am waiting for results. Initial ones are clear. It was just one long blood test with 14 vials for all the different panels (tiny vials, so not much blood) but I'm glad I've done it and it's out the way. DH had only one done for chromosomal translocation. Hoping for us both the next one is sticky and we can put this all behind us! Good luck, let me know how u get on.
    Goodluck Nik! I have my fingers crossed that you have perfect timing!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Em9 For This Useful Post:

Nik199  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default What to do after 2 miscarriages?!

Quote Originally Posted by Em9 View Post
    So sorry to hear of your news. I too have a DS1 and fell pg fairly easily within a couple of cycles for all 3 pregnancies. I really hope I have just had bad luck. I have to wait for a 3rd miscarriage for any testing to be done.
    Good luck with your surgery!
    Last edited by Em9; 16-06-2016 at 21:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry to hear you're going through a second loss Fauvette. It's devastating indeed. And hard not to have any answers. I hope for you surgery goes smoothly tmrw and you can look forward. My ob said the mc tests don't have a high yield, as in they more often than not won't reveal a problem, it can just be really crap luck. I'm hoping that's my case and I get this next time. I have no kids yet, and so much want to be a mum. Take care and be really kind to yourself. Hope we all get our much wanted babies soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry to hear you're going through a second loss Fauvette. It's devastating indeed. And hard not to have any answers. I hope for you surgery goes smoothly tmrw and you can look forward. My ob said the mc tests don't have a high yield, as in they more often than not won't reveal a problem, it can just be really crap luck. I'm hoping that's my case and I get this next time. I have no kids yet, and so much want to be a mum. Take care and be really kind to yourself. Hope we all get our much wanted babies soon.
    I thought that might be the case with the tests to be honest (and especially in my case where the circumstances have been completely different).

Good luck to you getting your special baby soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Em9 View Post
    it sadly wasn't perfect timing but we can start afresh properly now that AF has arrived...here we go again!