+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OP- I have no answers for you, just sympathy. I am 39 weeks tomorrow and was induced at 41w6d with my first.

I am considering asking to be induced at 40-41 if nothing has happened, mainly for the selfish reason that I can ensure my DS is looked after (I have about 10 backup plans for him depending on the day and time of day but all of them make me nervous!) and to try and avoid peak hour traffic and parking hassles (hospital is probably 20-25 with no traffic and considerably longer in peak hour plus hospital parking is a nightmare!).

Good luck

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsABC For This Useful Post:

kezty  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    •Large babies (8p10, 9p13, 9p) no GD •Preg induced hypertension with no resulting PE
    •1 hr drive to hospital

With my first i had an induction booked for 38+4.
    Bub was expexted to be big.
    i had pregnancy induced hypertension from 24 weeks and was on the max. dose of medication daily to try control it and keep it normal.
    we had a 100km drive to hospital through state forest, most of the distance notorious for wildlife across the road (many kangaroos hit daily)
    I also had a high bmi.

my waters broke 18hrs before my induction was set bub was born 9lb.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shadowangel0205 For This Useful Post:

kezty  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wasn't induced instead had a c/s due to PIH. They were delivered at 36&37 weeks. I was on 6 Tablets a day to reduce my BP but it still hovered anywhere from 150/100 to 170/120. My OB said they aren't concerned until diastolic hit 100.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

kezty  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was induced at 39 weeks with gestational hypertension. My doc highly recommended it at my 38 week appointment. Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Induced with dd at 38+6 due to her being big and I was severely sick from gall stones and had vomited daily from 5ish weeks till her delivery and then till after gall bladder was out, i was pretty sick and my liver pathology was getting bad as a result of my gall issues the quicker she came out the quicker they could look at it being removed。
    This pregnancy will be induced for gd as on insulin and fasting levels are not staying stable. That being said i am to be induced at 39 weeks but that corresponds with the anniversary of fils death and dont want ds sharing his birthday on a day mil will make him be upset every birthday. There is a possibility may need to be closer to 38 weeks as it is due to sugars and bubs size he has a bigger abdominal circumference then he should have. Next check up is next week at 34 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well saw the Dr yesterday. And they refused to talk to me about induction until 36 wks app.
    It's really starting to get me worried about the whole situation...
    I just want someone to tell me, it's OK we will do what ever necessary to keep you calm and happy.
    So far all I've got is, you'll be fine.....
    The constant contractions are starting to make me think I have an irritable uterus. They are not 'painful' but when they make me so uncomfortable that I can't even walk from laundry to kids bedroom carrying a washing basket without having to stop for 10 mins afterwards.... it's getting ridiculous.
    I'm constantly out of breath and my bp was 120 over 80 yesterday. Which for me is starting to get high.
    Not to mention the flashing lights that I know are are symptom of PE but are also a precursor of my migraines... I just want answers and everyone refuses to either listen or answer.
    It's my previous pregnancy all over.... 😧

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and have been booked for growth scan at 36 wks. Measuring 2 weeks ahead yet have only gained 5 kg this pregnancy (87kg now and 5'10, so not too overweight)...