+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Baby shower for 3rd baby?

I'm just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on having a baby shower for a 3rd baby? One of my friends has recently asked if she could throw me one but as I had one for my previous 2 I was under the impression that it was very frowned upon and considered greedy so I wasn't going to worry about it but she got a bit upset when I said that. Truth is it would actually be very helpful as this Bub wasn't planned and I gave most of the stuff I had away from my previous two but I feel bad accepting as I really don't expect anyone to buy anything for me, although it would be nice to have an excuse to catch up with everyone before I have my hands full with another Bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a close friend who had 1 for her 3rd bub. Not sure if she had 1 for her 1st or 2nd but after 2 boys, everyone was so excited she was having a girl so her friends threw a shower for her.

I didn't have one for either of my 2 bubs but if my friends want them for any bub regardless if 1st or 5th, it's lovely to celebrate and share the joy with them

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have a problem with baby showers no matter how many children the family has! I love the idea of celebrating each and every child.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (17-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you want to have one just go with it. If you feel uncomfortable about it maybe state on the invite that presents are not expected but welcomed if someone would like to give a gift.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont have a problem with it. Why cant all bubs be celebrated why only the first?
    If you dont want any presents just suggest a get together with friends and maybe games guessing due date, sex of bub etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it is a little frowned upon, to have a shower multiple times, because of the gift, for my second I didn't want a shower for this reason, (although I didn't have one with my first either) I just felt awkward having a shower as it was the second, I still wanted to celebrate the baby etc, we organised a lady's day out, had lunch, took a walk, had dessert, was a lovely day!
    On the other hand if your friends are wanting to throw you one obviously they don't mind so just do what your most comfortable with!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think there's anything wrong with having a baby shower for every child, and if you're uncomfortable about receiving gifts, just make it clear that you're not expecting gifts. There's plenty of suggestions online about how to word this nicely in an invitation. If you just want to get together with friends then do that - maybe a high tea or something similar? There will be people who give you gifts regardless of whether you have a party or not. I never see a baby shower as a present grab. It's a fun activity that lots of people enjoy.

Fwiw, we had a big one for my DS1 but nothing for ds2. Not sure what I'll do for Bub#3, but I think nothing again because my 2 boys have birthdays right before Bub is due so it will just be too stressful organising birthday parties for the 2 boys and a baby shower.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I celebrated all of my babies before their arrival...but after the first one they were non gift celebrations

Thanks
    Reviews
    They're called "sprinkles" after bub #1.

I think people take issue with being required to buy gifts, if it's a group getting together to celebrate a birth, not sure why anyone would have an issue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would. It's a new baby, so why not celebrate it. I've never understood the reasoning behind people not wanting to give gifts because you've had a baby shower before? So what, It's a different baby and deserves its own gifts. I'm not going to go to a kids birthday party and not take a gift because they've already had a birthday party before. Seems silly to me. Each to their own but I think you're very much entitled to have a baby shower for each and every baby. Family and friends if they truly care, wouldn't complain at all and would be glad to celebrate.