+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    Hills!
    Massive difference in pushing a toddler up a hill in a steelcraft compared to a G-luxe. I've had two steelcrafts over the yrs, they're great value for money but I do far more walking these days than back then so I want a better stroller.
    It looks to have the same small wheels, flimsy looking frame and lack of suspension that other umbrella strollers have though?

Sorry if I sound like I'm arguing, that's definitely not my intention. I found the price of the Maclaren exorbitant for what it is and actually ended up preferring the Steelcraft stroller that my mum keeps in her boot. Neither are the type of pram that I would consider if walking a lot, and definitely not up hill. I just can't see the difference with the one you posted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you are looking at spending $350, i would seriously consider the city mini. I too had a heavy pram that was just a pain in the butt so went on a search for something a heap lighter. City mini ticked all the boxes and is still going strong yrs later. I looked at strollers and found them flimsy regardless of price. My almost 4 yr old still fits in the city mini and is my everyday stroller for my 2 yr old. Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkers View Post
    If you are looking at spending $350, i would seriously consider the city mini. I too had a heavy pram that was just a pain in the butt so went on a search for something a heap lighter. City mini ticked all the boxes and is still going strong yrs later. I looked at strollers and found them flimsy regardless of price. My almost 4 yr old still fits in the city mini and is my everyday stroller for my 2 yr old. Best of luck
    I was just about to suggest this, the Steelcraft Agile or Hipod ifold (I'm not sure if that's still available). They're all lightweight, fit easily in shops, have a good height limit and are easy to push on grass or uphill.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by our4boys View Post
    I'm thinking the same. I've only ever bought strollers from shops like target etc way cheaper then that and have always been great that's a whole lot of money to spend on a stroller.
    Me too, like I said, I've had two of the little red steelcrafts.
    Never spent money on a pram until the last one, how disappointing that was...
    But the money is already spent so as a trade in for that I want a decent stroller, not one I may as well be carrying on my back while going uphill to school every day.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    It looks to have the same small wheels, flimsy looking frame and lack of suspension that other umbrella strollers have though?

Sorry if I sound like I'm arguing, that's definitely not my intention. I found the price of the Maclaren exorbitant for what it is and actually ended up preferring the Steelcraft stroller that my mum keeps in her boot. Neither are the type of pram that I would consider if walking a lot, and definitely not up hill. I just can't see the difference with the one you posted.
    I just didn't like the Maclaren at all for that price.

The G-luxe is very easily manoeuvred, to me it felt like a good pram but in stroller form. Which I prefer, I just prefer small, compact and TWO handles. I hate bars on a pram.
    I would still be hesitant to pay $500 for it now though. Just because DD would need it only for another 2 yrs tops, but if she was a newborn I'd buy it, as was my intentions at the time but Uppababy had other plans.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you tried it in person to be sure its exactly what you want and you for sure wont be disappointed.?

Ive done plenty of pram buying and selling to suit my needs at that time.
    Cheap steelcraft pram, buggaboo cameleon, steelcraft stroller, strider compact. Then finally the baby jogger city mini.

The city mini is by far my most favourite of the whole bunch.
    The one pull folding mechanism, seat size, weight and so easy to push.
    Wish id found it sooner so i couldve used for longer

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (22-09-2016),Tinkers  (22-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would clean up/take pics of current prams. Put them up on Gumtree/BSS page. Buy new pram. Tell DH that you are selling the inapproriate prams and buying a new one.

See if you can layby the pram on sale for a few weeks or something if you do not have spare cash now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @RmumR,
    Oh I did, yes.
    I did all the baby shops comparing them all and fell in love with that one. Originally you could get it in blue or orange or a purple shade. I was waiting to see if I was having a boy or girl before I decided on colour.
    About 2-3 months later when it came time to buy Uppababy had pulled the G-luxe from it's stockists. Just bad luck.
    I rang up about it because it meant I was back to square one in the hunt for a decent stroller. They said they pulled the stroller because they didn't have much interest on the Aussie market...yet here it is again.
    I don't think the rep wasn't fully informed.
    They must have just phased out the older model/colours before relaunching the new all black version, then just made that one colour available to Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I would clean up/take pics of current prams. Put them up on Gumtree/BSS page. Buy new pram. Tell DH that you are selling the inapproriate prams and buying a new one.

See if you can layby the pram on sale for a few weeks or something if you do not have spare cash now.
    Oh yeah, the lay-by is a good idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    @RmumR,
    Oh I did, yes.
    I did all the baby shops comparing them all and fell in love with that one. Originally you could get it in blue or orange or a purple shade. I was waiting to see if I was having a boy or girl before I decided on colour.
    About 2-3 months later when it came time to buy Uppababy had pulled the G-luxe from it's stockists. Just bad luck.
    I rang up about it because it meant I was back to square one in the hunt for a decent stroller. They said they pulled the stroller because they didn't have much interest on the Aussie market...yet here it is again.
    I don't think the rep wasn't fully informed.
    They must have just phased out the older model/colours before relaunching the new all black version, then just made that one colour available to Australia.

Oh yeah, the lay-by is a good idea
    In that case after so much deliberation id buy it then advertise the prams i have already to re-coup the costs.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

Phony  (23-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got the Joie Mirus for a back-up pram (for the car & travel, my other pram is ridiculously heavy and only gets pushed out the front door).
    It's relatively cheap for a full-sized stroller. It's lightweight, folds very simply (standing up), reclines nearly flat for snoozes, and was a breeze to travel with.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lively For This Useful Post:

Phony  (23-09-2016)