+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    rosey82, the real issues I have is with taking them up and down for shopping trips and school runs. They're both quite big when folded and I also only have a small car. While up and mobile they are both great prams, practically push themselves.

My poor back is suffering and the weight of the pram when folded means I belt it off my shins almost every time I'm lifting it.
    I'm getting old, I've really lost a lot of body strength this last year.
    DD is 15 months now so a smaller stroller would do us I think.
    Ah cheers for that. I'm looking at the Phil & teds mainly for walks when the new Bub arrives so it will stay set up in the garage mostly (if you're in WA I would consider buying the p&t off you if you're interested).

If you've only got 1 bigger kid maybe a stroller as pp suggested? I also have a veebee lio stroller that lives in the car - it lays back almost flat and cost about $120. Still fits my 21 month old comfortably, not nearly as nice to push as the city mini GT but much cheaper/lighter option if you don't need a double anymore.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

Phony  (17-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can somewhat relate to you. Im a shorty and learnt an expensive lesson with my first pram...was too heavy and cumbersome. Baby jogger city mini is pretty much what I use all the time now, light, compact and comfortable for either my 1 year old and 3 year old. Hood is really good too. Brand new they arw about $320 I think but could easily pick one up one gumtree im sure! Good luck, so hard to find the perfect pram/stroller.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinkers For This Useful Post:

Phony  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the valco snap 3, 6.2kg can out up and down whilst holding Bub, ( even 2w after a Caesar) . For newborn I had a foot sock attachment on it to enclose the bottom, now just a liner as its not very padded. I bought it new got 250, sock 14. Fits behind seat in a Corolla hatch, so pretty compact. Handle not adjustable but it's fine for me I'm 165cm.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Lisau77 For This Useful Post:

Phony  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry for the late responses, DH HOGS the computer when he's off on the weekends.

Somebody mentioned the VeeBee.
    I can't find the comment now, but yeah I had a test test drive that with DD in it, for the price it's a great sturdy little pram. The colours are awful but with a pram liner I could cope.
    Colour controls me! HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    If you are not having any more kids then you will only need a pram for maybe another 18? months or so. Maybe a cheaper stroller like this will do? http://www.babybunting.com.au/joie-n...-mulberry.html

I love the Mulberry colour and I drove a fair bit out of my way to look at this pram but I was disappointed when I got there.
    It is very flimsy and I'm not sure it would last two years, that's all I'll need a pram for.
    I'm TOTALLY in love with this, and they had discontinued it here in Australia for a bit but it's back now.
    http://www.uppababy.com.au/#!g-luxe-2015/vk8r3
    I can't justify the price though. It retails between $500 and $550.
    Had I not bought the Versa and this was my original pram I could.
    I'm a bit miffed.
    When looking for a new pram a year ago I contacted Uppababy and asked them where I could buy the G-luxe because I had done the leg work and had my heart set on it but I could no longer find them in store. They told me that it couldn't be bought in Australia any more. That it was discontinued here.
    Had they said that they were discontinuing certain colours and brining in the new model I would have waited.
    I need to just...

frozen.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    When I'm having back issues I take the seat off before folding rather than collapsing with the seat attached, it's super light and much more compact that way too. Could work?
    I'm TOTALLY going to do this today
    I'm always in such a flurry when out with the kids, I never even thought of that, thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a verse also and when I get sick of the weight I also take off the seat when loading it into the car. It makes a huge difference!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkin1106 For This Useful Post:

Phony  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Me again.
    Still hate my pram.

Got a vibe to search for my favourite Uppababy stroller today and what do you know, it's on sale for $350 (usually $500) right now.
    My fingers are twitchy.

The only thing keeping my fingers steady is

1. We have just bought a new car (not brand new but about 12K with everything, insurance etc. etc.
    2. We have just paid out for our Easter accommodation. 1.5K (paying for friends as well so half coming back)
    3. DH is up to his EYEBALLS in work at the minute, lots of stress, immense stress.
    So asking/telling him about the pram will only add to it.

So money is tight again for a while.
    Even so, I'm thinking I just go ahead and get it, then sell the other two as previously mentioned, should easily make $350+ back on the two.
    $150 off is HUGE.

WWYD?

1. Buy and say nothing, sort it all out myself.
    2. Discuss and add to the stress on DH. He will feel like he has to say yes I think.
    3. Struggle on with the other beast of a pram and just behave myself like other good little wifeys do? ***sad eyes***

$_57.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Excuse my naivety, but what makes that one better than other compact strollers, for example Maclaren or the Steelcraft ones you can pick up from places like Target? That price seems insane when it's compared to others of the same style.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Phony  (22-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would probably say to DH "this is the pram I really want, it's on sale now so I want to buy it, then I'll sell the other two and make the money back".

But I have a Steelcraft Express stroller that looks quite similar to the one you're after, and it's around the $100-150 mark (unless it's on sale). I used that stroller all the time with DD1 (have a double stroller now that DD2 is here) & it was great for a little runaround.
    Just in case you still wanted to look at other options

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

Phony  (22-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    Excuse my naivety, but what makes that one better than other compact strollers, for example Maclaren or the Steelcraft ones you can pick up from places like Target? That price seems insane when it's compared to others of the same style.
    Hills!
    Massive difference in pushing a toddler up a hill in a steelcraft compared to a G-luxe. I've had two steelcrafts over the yrs, they're great value for money but I do far more walking these days than back then so I want a better stroller.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    I'm thinking the same. I've only ever brought strollers from shops like target etc way cheaper then that and have always been great that's a whole lot of money to spend on a stroller.