+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default I hate my pram.

I tried but I just don't like it at all.
    I have a Baby city jogger Versa and bought it online without trying because they were discontinued and no stores had any to try.
    Bad move.
    I'm sure it's a great pram if you're about 6 - 10 inches taller than me, but I struggle with it and my back is not what it used to be.
    Anyway, whinge over.

I'm looking for a light weight stroller than won't cost the earth because DH will divorce me if I spend too much.

What do you have

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Can you sell it then buy one you like?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Phony  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah I'm definitely going to get rid of it but I'll need a replacement first.
    I now have two prams to go on Gumtree.
    The other is a double Phil and Teds with all the trimmings, storage , rain cover etc etc
    That's too big for me too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    Can you sell it then buy one you like?
    I agree with this. If it's still relatively new you should do ok on gumtree and it will offset the cost of a new one.

We started with the Stokke Xplory V3. Which is a beautiful pram and the height is amazing BUT it's really heavy and was difficult for me to get in and out of the car after a c section.

We then went to a bugaboo bee plus (now bee3) and I was very happy with that. It isn't the lightest on the market but I had no trouble getting it in/out of the car. The handle is adjustable, I'm only 5'2 and have had no problems with it.

I would go to a baby store, DJ's etc... and try a few out before buying this time. Make sure you test the opening closing as some are crazy complicated!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

Phony  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a Bumbleride Indy and love it! It's also reasonably priced, IMO.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Phony  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Interesting. I have a baby jogger city mini GT which I love. I'm tiny (158cm), but walk with it almost every day with no trouble. It's 7kg (I think) 1 hand fold so I have been known to have DD on my hip while folding & packing the pram into the car boot. DH is almost 6 foot, he also loves that pram. The handlebar adjusts up/down very easily.
    I'm considering buying a second hand phil & teds double but now I'm worried I'll struggle with it being so short! What's the issue you have with it OP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    rosey82, the real issues I have is with taking them up and down for shopping trips and school runs. They're both quite big when folded and I also only have a small car. While up and mobile they are both great prams, practically push themselves.

My poor back is suffering and the weight of the pram when folded means I belt it off my shins almost every time I'm lifting it.
    I'm getting old, I've really lost a lot of body strength this last year.
    DD is 15 months now so a smaller stroller would do us I think.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

rosey82  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love mine; maybe a small umbrella stroller would be better in your case though.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

Phony  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you are not having any more kids then you will only need a pram for maybe another 18? months or so. Maybe a cheaper stroller like this will do? http://www.babybunting.com.au/joie-n...-mulberry.html

I have no idea what it is like but I figure if it reclines, is high enough to fit a 3?yo (if needed), and has somewhere to put shopping it may work.

You could spend more and get a Bugaboo Bee etc but if there will be no more kids it may not be worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Phony View Post
    rosey82, the real issues I have is with taking them up and down for shopping trips and school runs. They're both quite big when folded and I also only have a small car. While up and mobile they are both great prams, practically push themselves.

My poor back is suffering and the weight of the pram when folded means I belt it off my shins almost every time I'm lifting it.
    I'm getting old, I've really lost a lot of body strength this last year.
    DD is 15 months now so a smaller stroller would do us I think.
    I have the versa too, I do find it a bit heavy but only Pram that ticked all my boxes. When I'm having back issues I take the seat off before folding rather than collapsing with the seat attached, it's super light and much more compact that way too. Could work? Won't solve the height issue I guess though.. I had a city mini 4 wheel which was awesome light super easy fold but sold it as it wasn't reversible if that's not a factor then city mini might suit you?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Phony  (18-04-2016)