+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was given the Moo Goo Acne Cleansing Moisturiser (despite the name it is moisturiser not a cleanser) which I'm using in conjunction with the new Cetaphil Derma control foaming face wash. I am a staunch Dermalogica advocate but I'm loving these two products. I tried the Moo Goo coffee scrub which is coconut oil based abs hated the way it made my skin feel. I do think my skin is in good condition at the moment due to pregnancy though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing, my skin is atrocious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    I was given the Moo Goo Acne Cleansing Moisturiser (despite the name it is moisturiser not a cleanser) which I'm using in conjunction with the new Cetaphil Derma control foaming face wash. I am a staunch Dermalogica advocate but I'm loving these two products. I tried the Moo Goo coffee scrub which is coconut oil based abs hated the way it made my skin feel. I do think my skin is in good condition at the moment due to pregnancy though.
    I just put my moo goo acne cleansing moisturiser on so will report back in a week or two to update those looking for acne solutions! I also bought some of their tinted moisturiser, "dusty girls natural tinted earth cream" which is supposed to be helpful for acne as well so I'll use that instead of BB cream for a couple of weeks too. Here is a before pic as a point of reference... I hate my skin so much :-(

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1461405368.275685.jpg

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (23-04-2016),Ngaiz  (23-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    See I suffer from really bad monthly breakouts and since I've started using coconut oil my skin has never been better. I get the cold pressed coconut oil from Costco. I keep some in the shower in a container and rub it all over my face, it takes off all my makeup. Then I rinse it off and just before getting out I put a bit more on but don't rinse it off. I let it melt in like a moisturiser. My skin has never been better.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CanadianKangaroo For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (24-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think coconut oil works for some but not for all. Personally it makes my skin really dry, and made my hormonal acne worse.
    My skin is almost back to being 100% breakout free. I recently changed my skincare now I'm just using a gentle cleanser of night time to remove makeup, followed by 100% tea tree oil then an all natural moisturiser.
    In the mornings I use a konjac sponge and the all natural moisturiser.
    My skin was honestly so bad, I had spent thousands on skincare, changed my lifestyle and diet (to also help with fertility) and no matter what I tried my skin did not improve. Turns out my skin is actually quite sensitive and hates all the acne drying products.
    Oh and a good mineral make up does wonders too!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (24-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use coconut oil on my face. It works for me. Due to pcos my skin was terrible. I am using coconut oil from 2 yrs. Now i don't have even any scars. But use it in night time. Wash your face and then apply coconut oil as a mostouriser. Leave it overnight and wash your face in morning. If you use coconut oil in daytime it will make worse. Maybe due to sunlight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Simran View Post
    I use coconut oil on my face. It works for me. Due to pcos my skin was terrible. I am using coconut oil from 2 yrs. Now i don't have even any scars. But use it in night time. Wash your face and then apply coconut oil as a mostouriser. Leave it overnight and wash your face in morning. If you use coconut oil in daytime it will make worse. Maybe due to sunlight.
    Can I ask what you wash your face with?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Coconut oil is antibacterial so it has the potential to work really well...but you need to work out what works for you. I use it in winter once a week as a moisturiser...rub in, leave on for 5 minutes and wash off with a face cleanser. It's enough to moisturise my face (and make it feel baby smooth), but if I leave it on overnight I end up very oily and break out.
    I will dab a little bit on a blind pimple overnight, though. It's great at drawing them out.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (26-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to get bad breakouts and on a whim decided to try the pomegranate range from the body shop and my skin has never looked or felt better. I won't go back now, the initial costs are expensive but I have found the products last for ages so supermarkets probably cost more in the end

Thanks
    Reviews
    @JR03 have you noticed any improvement yet? I have been using a BB cream for the last few days and I broke out again.