+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default trampolines

We are considering getting the kids a trampoline for their birthdays this year (turning 4 and 5yrs old). They have always been a hit when visiting friends. It would be a round one with a net around it.

Just wondering what peoples experiences with trampolines have been like? Do the kids lose interest after a while? What age do you think they'd use it to? Any issues with the quality/safety of them?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When I met DP he had a trampoline and it came with him when he moved in. The kids used it every day and their interest never waned. Unfortunately it slowly broke (I think due to it being on brick paving so that when the boys jumped sideways it slid a bit and gradually bent the legs). Anyway so we moved house but are planning on getting a new one soon.

Kids just seem to be able to jump on there for AGES, so it is a priority for us to get another one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids have always loved their trampoline. We gave a big 14 foot one...As they have got older the use it differently - doing flips and twists, soap and sprinkler in summer etc. My DS practices his trumpet on it! We have never had a serious injury...a few bumped heads (touch wood).
    We tend to buy a relatively inexpensive one from Kmart or Target and replace it every 3-4yrs...must admit I'm not particularly anal about the pads/net etc being perfect tho...and the zip always goes pretty quick, but we rarely use it anyway...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We just purchased a junior trampoline ( 7ft) for our 5 and almost 2 yr old and so far I can't get them off it. Its a perfect size and will upgrade to a bigger one when they are older & its safer. I did a lot of research prior to our purchase and I'd recommend oz trampolines or Vuly. We got a plum play tramp and the quality is excellent

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    We have a large oval springfree and have had it for 4 years. 4 kids use it daily. It's still perfect. I now use it as well for cardio at night when I've had a ugh day.

My kids are 10, 7, 5 and 2. I can't see it being retired yet for years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We've had a springfree for 2 years...still looks brand new and is used all the time.
    Springfree trampolines aren't cheap, but I like that they last for years. It will be the only one we buy. We'll have it for a long time yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thinking about a vuly or a springfree to replace our old one. I'm keen to hear reviews!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have a vuly classic 14ft it's 18 months old and pads and net etc are still perfect and you get halfprice replacement parts for life. I have a 3 and a 2 year old and it's used a lot each day there older cousins also live on it when they are over