+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are thinking of moving to the Sunshine Coast at the end of the year. Thinking of Perigian Springs or Buderim but would be happy to go anywhere with good school

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Poppy For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Poppy View Post
    We are thinking of moving to the Sunshine Coast at the end of the year. Thinking of Perigian Springs or Buderim but would be happy to go anywhere with good school
    They are very different areas.. Buderim you have choice of many schools - most of the best schools are in or around Buderim. Top of Buderim is a bit old-people town (not that that is a bad thing, it's a very safe, community friendly area and there are plenty of families also). Very central to everything. Easy access to both motorway and highway (depending on which side of Buderim you live).

Perigian Springs is a newly developed suburb - beautiful modern homes on small blocks - a little isolated from rest of coast but only by 15/20 mins. Close to Coolum and half way to Noosa. On the motorway. St Andrews is a very good private school in the area.

Do you have jobs to go to? That's the only draw back of the coast. Work is hard to find if you don't have a transfer with your employer etc. commuting to Brisbane daily is a nightmare at best. Unless you're a nurse, teacher, hospitality worker etc.
    I have grown up here but been made redundant a few times as companies constantly open & close. DH travels for work. Hopefully the airport expansion gets approved it will do wonders for the economic sustainability of the area.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Purple Poppy  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by princessbubbles7 View Post
    Thanks so much for the advice sunny girl and baby no1 on board. Very appreciated advice indeed. It makes the world of difference having advice from locals!
    We are currently staing in marcoola (research holidaying) and the plane noise is quite minimal. Heading to goldy for a week tomorrow... we have been here for a week, and I don't want to go! We love the sunny coast so very much!
    We will check out perigean springs and yaroombla today.
    Any suggestions for our last day here? We have been to coolum water park, noosa, mooloolaba beach and underwater world ☺
    Sorry I missed this I hope you enjoyed your last day. Weather was great! Here are some suggestions for when you are back up,

Mt Coolum climb was a suggestion I had. Noosaville for a picnic on the river, a day in the hinterland (montville, Maleny etc great for cafes and art galleries etc and a nice scenic drive). You've always got Australia Zoo too but I would wait until you move, buy an annual pass (especially if you have kids) which is only $20 more than the one day pass. It takes a few visits to see it all.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

sunseeker  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    They are very different areas.. Buderim you have choice of many schools - most of the best schools are in or around Buderim. Top of Buderim is a bit old-people town (not that that is a bad thing, it's a very safe, community friendly area and there are plenty of families also). Very central to everything. Easy access to both motorway and highway (depending on which side of Buderim you live).

Perigian Springs is a newly developed suburb - beautiful modern homes on small blocks - a little isolated from rest of coast but only by 15/20 mins. Close to Coolum and half way to Noosa. On the motorway. St Andrews is a very good private school in the area.

Do you have jobs to go to? That's the only draw back of the coast. Work is hard to find if you don't have a transfer with your employer etc. commuting to Brisbane daily is a nightmare at best. Unless you're a nurse, teacher, hospitality worker etc.
    I have grown up here but been made redundant a few times as companies constantly open & close. DH travels for work. Hopefully the airport expansion gets approved it will do wonders for the economic sustainability of the area.
    Yes jobs are hard to come by here unfortunately... I think that's what controls the population growth! My mat leave is up in 2 months and it's back to the Brisbane commute for me. Not looking forward to it. 5 hr round trip

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks. Yes dh will transfer with his job. It will just be me that will have to find something. But the town we live in atm it is hard to get a job also

Thanks
    Reviews
    So devo leaving the sunshine coast today! Drove to the goldy today, stressful! Staying here for the last few days of our trip.
    We ended up spending our last day exploring coolum beach! So beautiful! Gorgeous weather!
    Work worries me a little reading your replies. DH is an electrician, and has worked in senior/management positions within his trade. We wouldn't move until he had work. Then I would not start job seeking until ds and dd were settled in school.
    We made the decision today, (driving through brissy and to goldy) that if we had to commute to Brisbane for work, we wouldn't move. Coming from small city living, it is just such a massive drive for work. Dh wouldn't mind commuting to brissy for work if based in sunshine coast so travel is on the clock $. But to spend that much time driving to and from work, it would drive us nuts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck @sunseeker I hope your DH finds some work. Do you have any contacts on coast? So much work is word of mouth up here.

There is a new hospital being built and a lot of residential development (new 'city' of Aura) occurring over the next decade or so, so I would think tradie type positions would be needed? Something to consider. Keep an eye out.

Smart regarding Brisbane. I think most of us have done the commute at least temporarily and it really does suck. If you were even considering commuting I would suggest living further south like pelican waters - would cut maybe half hour off your commute time (than Coolum).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck @sunseeker I hope your DH finds some work. Do you have any contacts on coast? So much work is word of mouth up here.

There is a new hospital being built and a lot of residential development (new 'city' of Aura) occurring over the next decade or so, so I would think tradie type positions would be needed? Something to consider. Keep an eye out.

Smart regarding Brisbane. I think most of us have done the commute at least temporarily and it really does suck. If you were even considering commuting I would suggest living further south like pelican waters - would cut maybe half hour off your commute time (than Coolum).

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks foryour advice sunnygirl.
    Yes, we heard about the city being built, by another tradie who lived at the accomodation we were staying at, on the sunshine coast. He moved from SA and said work was everywhere for tradies. So fingers crossed. and toes too!
    Again thanks so much for all of your advice, it has been a massive help to say the least.
    All the best with the birth of your new bundle of joy! ☺ exciting times ahead.