+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default for those that had 'early periods'/implantation bleeds and got BFP

Hey folks, thanks for reading. As far as I'm aware I had sex around the time I was ovulating (mid cycle, EWCM etc). I wasn't trying to conceive and had a mishap with a condom. 4/5 days later I had pink discharge (very light pink) and put it down as potentially post sex bleeding even though it seemed a little delayed. I then 'came on' 4 days early. I havent come on before the 15th of the month in the 12 months ive been tracking my cycles. The bleed was very different to normal in that it was light enough to not even fill a panty liner all day, changed between dark brown discharge to some red to brown again, lasted 3 days and has now stopped the day before I would normally be due. I would usually have strong cramping and change my moon cup a few times a day as I'm quite heavy normally. Ive been having some 'twinges' but nothing like my usual pain. I have a pregnancy test I could take but wondered if a) anyone had this when they were pregnant or found out this was being caused by something else? B) do I wait until next week to test?
    Thanks so much!

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi curiousk, they do say it is normal to have 1 "off" period in every 12 mths so maybe that is what you have experienced. The pink discharge you mentioned sounds too early for "normal" implantation bleeding, usually you would get it closer to the estimated day your period would start but it sounds like your period came early which means if could of been? Either way I do not feel like you will be pregnant because of the next bleed, you might of had a chemical pregnancy. Depending on how you feel about it you could take a pregnancy test now but I feel that even if you do get a positive you won't be able to be sure unless your bhcg numbers rise- you could have serial blood tests or you could use another test in a few days to see if the line is any darker baring in mind that tests from different batches can cause variations too. Otherwise I would wait a week and test if you wish.

I have had a chemical pregnancy but my period was much much heavier than normal (I bleed heavily normally too) and I was in a bit of pain but everyones experiences wont be the same, good luck and I hope that has helped somewhat xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for responding. I'll take a test next week just to be sure. Logic says this is just a funny month and I'm sure that's all it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could be an anovulatory cycle. The initial spotting can happen if ovulation fails and then the bleeding after is technically a break through bleed, not a period so can come earlier or later than expected. They say we have approx one anovulatory cycle a year. Just be careful if you aren't ttc as I've found that I tend to ovulate a little earlier in the cycle after an anovulatory one so monitor your signs well.