+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pediasure

My 16 mo is underweight and has food allergies (wheat, egg, peanut) and his paed has suggested we start him on Pediasure as its full of calories. What do you think of it?
    Last edited by jcjosi; 14-04-2016 at 11:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Pediasure

I know @Tamtam uses this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Yep. My daughter has been drinking it for 2 years. It's our lifesaver.
    It does have sugar...so teeth brushing is super important.
    We mix powder with milk in the mornings and then she drinks 1 or 2 premade bottles/poppers in the day. We started at 12 months.
    Without it my daughter would definitely be malnourished and underweight.
    So for us it's a win.

Thanks
    Reviews
    With milk? The one we got is to add water only? Even the midwife that sold us also mentioned that it is to be mixed with water. R u worried abt the sugar level?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We loved it! Was great to get the weight gain. We are on a different one now but would go back now if told we should.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Our dietician told us to mix 2 scoops with 150mls of milk ... as we had been giving her medications mixed with her formula. We'd been doing this for ages so we just continue. Apart from that we give the little bottles - they are premixed in 200ml poppers.

It would be a very good idea to se dietician at your local hospital to get a better idea of how to use it etc. Plus if it's scripted through nutrition at the hospital it will be substantially cheaper

ETA it is usually mixed with water just like formula is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh we saw our paeds and he suggested it and it doesnt need prescription to purchase. I just follow instruction on the can..190mls water with 5 scoops! My son just had it and he finished the whole bottle! He doesnt even drink this much on his formula!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jcjosi For This Useful Post:

Sookie Stackedhouse  (14-04-2016),Tamtam  (14-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any problems with constipation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD has had issues with constipation before starting pediasure. She's on daily osmotics so it would be hard to know if pediasure adds to it

Is really important to get the advice of a dietician. Like when to offer...how much. ..how often. You don't want it to take the place of solids and it would be better to not use it indefinitely if you can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Is Paediasure dairy free or not? Is there a dairy free version?