+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @mrsthomo Thanks for the update. They are somehow quality blasts you have in the freezer. Yay for that! I only get 1-2 from a cycle also so it's slow going trying to build up a store haha. Funny but it doesn't matter if I get 4 eggs or 16 I still get the same amount of blasts. Sounds like you're in the same sort of mindset as me in regards to stimming. The Lipiodol flush has to happen on its own so then after that we can look at transfers, perhaps July or August.
    With the grading on embryos I believe every clinic does it different. Mine is a number for the size (diameter) and then a letter (A, B, C or D) for the quality of cells making up the outer ring and another letter for the inner ring. So the absolute best would be a 5AA. But Bs are still very good. You also can't do the PNG testing (genetic abnormalities) unless it's a really high quality embryo and that includes a B. I'd say your clinic does the same rating by the sounds of it. Silly how they don't have a world wide rating system. But I guess as they say a perfect embryo doesn't translate to a live baby. Sometimes it's the embries that look a bit wonky that work. Glad you're hanging in there on this very tough journey. It's been hard on me. Been through a fair bit of depression and anxiety but keeping my chin up. Xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

mrsthomo  (10-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Apples1234 You're most welcome! ♡
    Thank you! We are stoked about our frosties. I honestly didn't have much hope for them when they called to say only 2 survived and fertilized.
    May I ask how many children you are hoping for? I can't even imagine trying to stim with children. It will be hard enough doing a FET cycle.
    That makes sense about the Lipiodol flush. I hope it helps you conceive!
    When do they do the PNG testing? Before they freeze them? Does that carry a risk as well?
    Thank you for the info on the grading!
    The scientist I spoke to did say that A and B were both great quality so congratulations to you on your 2 great frosties.♡
    Yes! It is very silly that they don't have a world wide grading system. It's so confusing sometimes. 😞
    I'm glad you are hanging in too hun. I'm really sorry to hear you've been suffering with depression and anxiety. *giant hugs*
    I am the same.
    Some days I can't even look at BubHub. (Sorry ladies! I still care about you!) 😙

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsthomo View Post
    @Apples1234 You're most welcome! ♡
    Thank you! We are stoked about our frosties. I honestly didn't have much hope for them when they called to say only 2 survived and fertilized.
    May I ask how many children you are hoping for? I can't even imagine trying to stim with children. It will be hard enough doing a FET cycle.
    That makes sense about the Lipiodol flush. I hope it helps you conceive!
    When do they do the PNG testing? Before they freeze them? Does that carry a risk as well?
    Thank you for the info on the grading!
    The scientist I spoke to did say that A and B were both great quality so congratulations to you on your 2 great frosties.♡
    Yes! It is very silly that they don't have a world wide grading system. It's so confusing sometimes. 😞
    I'm glad you are hanging in too hun. I'm really sorry to hear you've been suffering with depression and anxiety. *giant hugs*
    I am the same.
    Some days I can't even look at BubHub. (Sorry ladies! I still care about you!) 😙
    I'd love lots of children but I currently have none and hoping for 1 at least or 2 would be even better!! They do the PNG testing just before they freeze. They do a very small biopsy and take a cell then freeze the embryo and the cell goes on to be tested. I've chosen to do that so I know for sure during tww that it's a viable embryo. It's not cheap. I think biopsy is $450 and testing is about $300 per embryo. It doesn't do harm and their isn't much risk but the embryo needs to be of a highly developed blast as if it were younger it may effect it. Lots of hugs to you too. Yep sometimes bubhub is too much but other times it's nice to share and feel understood xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

mrsthomo  (10-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Apples1234
    Yess I agree! It kills me that it's taking so long for me to become a mummy. Just one would be such a blessing. ♡
    Oh wow. PNG testing sounds like it's worth doing but I'm not sure if we would be able to afford it right now.
    I'm trying to juggle everything including studying to become a child care worker and get my drivers licence but my husband is the only one working atm.
    Is it $750 per embryo or do you only pay the biopsy fee once?
    Thank you for the hugs. 😊
    It is so nice to share and feel understood. We're so lucky to have each other. ♡

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mrsthomo you only need to pay the biopsy once no matter how many embryos. I hear ya! We are in lots of debt and I'm not working either. I had to leave my job cos it was all getting too hard so my husband is the only one working also. It's so nice to have each other I agree ❤️❤️ X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

@apples where are things at with you? Are you still doing full stims?

@mrsthomo yay so great to hear from you i hope you are doing ok i saw that you were having problems i found it hard as well ivf does get to you. I so hope you get your 6 children lol lots of chaos especially if you have them close together.

Yes i did have a scan today saw the little one turns out i now have a fibroid as well and they discovered why i was bleeding they arent sure if it will happen again they said it looks like its clotted so it may not. So much stress it never ends atleast the little one has a good heartbeat. So now just have to stress over the next 6 weeks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to katt1011 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (10-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Apples1234 Oh honey. I'm sorry to hear that. 😔
    I really hope things improve for you soon. ♡
    That's pretty good that biopsy only has to be paid for once We will have to see how things go. xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsthomo For This Useful Post:

Apples1234  (10-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @katt1011 Haha thank you ♡
    I've missed you all!

I'm so happy to hear bub has a nice heartbeat! )
    I'm sorry to hear about your fibroid and the stress you're feeling though!
    I will be thinking of you over the next 6 weeks! Will you be getting scans to check on it or is your next scan in 6 weeks time? xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by katt1011 View Post
    Hi ladies

@apples where are things at with you? Are you still doing full stims?

@mrsthomo yay so great to hear from you i hope you are doing ok i saw that you were having problems i found it hard as well ivf does get to you. I so hope you get your 6 children lol lots of chaos especially if you have them close together.

Yes i did have a scan today saw the little one turns out i now have a fibroid as well and they discovered why i was bleeding they arent sure if it will happen again they said it looks like its clotted so it may not. So much stress it never ends atleast the little one has a good heartbeat. So now just have to stress over the next 6 weeks
    Hi Katt

I'm good. I just posted a little update so I hope you don't mind I'll pop it here for u. It's one thing after another to worry about hey! Glad you've got a strong little heart beat tho.

I'm doing my last stim cycle for a while anyway and freezing all. Going to do something called a Lipiodol flush which is done via xray and clears any infection in the womb area that might be stopping implantation. Then I will start putting back in frozens. Made a decision a few cycles back that I'm not doing a fresh transfer again. For me personally I feel like my body isn't in the best space after stims to take an embryo so that's why. So yep last stim, got 2 4bb grade and PNG tested blast embryos in the freezer. And hoping for 1 or 2 more this cycle. I'm guessing egg collection will be Friday. Got my bloods and scans tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

@apples oh wow i hope this cycle you get some more decent ones to freeze. Does the flush hurt? Sounds interesting and i hope it fixes everything for you. If your interested in trying something new when you do fets ask for a natural transfer some people cant have medicated fets i obviously couldnt not one of my medicated worked and so many wasted. Its just a thought to ask your fs when you start again.

@mrsthomo i will have a scan in 2 weeks when i go to the ob and then the week after to have the tests done cause im finding out the sex so im getting the harmony test done and they do a scan then as well. So hopefully this littlw one is a fighter and i will hopefully get good news on the sex and the tests by my birthday

I cant believe you have to wait so long to get going again but hopefully you will have a nice collection to use lol