+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsZebu View Post
    @mrsh1984 That's definitely a nice dark line now. It's looking promising! Only a few more days and doctors will be able to confirm and put your mind at ease.
    @Xxsmileyxx93 That looks like a great embryo! What day is it?

I transferred today too (day 4). We'd called embryology yesterday and were told that as of that morning 4 of the 7 embryos were looking healthy, the other 3 a bit delayed and some fragmentation. However, when we went in for transfer today the embryologist said that we had one embryo which was ready (18 cells and compacting) and that it was "unlikely" that any of the others would make it to freezing. In shock and devastated we decided to implant a second embryo (12 cells) as well, just to give the little thing a decent chance. So although I should have been over the moon to have one healthy embryo after last time (didn't get any), I was in tears and felt annoyed at the clinic for not giving us a heads up before we went it. It's not nice having to make a rushed decision in that state. It probably didn't help that we had a doctor and embryologist that we hadn't met before. I hope we've done the right thing.
    We did a 5 day blast that was frozen and also have one more, I'm sorry you went through that today , it would have been awful. Did you use the embies glue ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Xxsmileyxx93 Thank you. Yes, my clinic claims to have invented the embryo glue, so it is part of their normal protocol. It's nice to have someone to be on the dreaded 2ww with! When's your BT? Mine is Wednesday 18th but I probably won't get results until the Thursday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=MrsZebu;8473431]@Xxsmileyxx93 Thank you. Yes, my clinic claims to have invented the embryo glue, so it is part of their normal protocol. It's nice to have someone to be on the dreaded 2ww with! When's your BT? Mine is Wednesday 18th but I probably won't get results until the Thursday.[/QUOTE

Oh haha fair enough, early on the 18th and I get my results back the same day. It is nice to be doing it with someone hopefully we get BP !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Xxsmileyxx93 For This Useful Post:

MrsZebu  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So the lovely embryologist at our clinic (as opposed to the negative one we had for transfer yesterday) rang today with an update of our remaining 5 embryos. 2 had made it to compacting morula stage. Rather than take our chances and hope they made it to day 7 for PGD testing, we made another difficult decision and froze those 2 today. When I asked the embryologist if they've ever had success with freezing day 5 morulas before, she said absolutely and that it was how they always used to do it before PGD was around. Feel relieved to have some frozen. You never know, the remaining 2 that we are leaving to develop until Monday (day 7) might have a turn around. Stranger things have happened right?!

Has anyone else frozen day 5 morulas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I have my egg collection booked for 10:30am on Monday but I'm a bit bummed out. This is my second fresh cycle using different drugs. First cycle was Gonal F and this cycle is Menopur and Omnitripe. In the first cycle I was really bloated and they got 14 eggs. This time I don't feel anything at all, no bloating or discomfort. They could see 10 measurable follies on Thursdays ultrasound. I'm worried they won't find any eggs in there because I don't feel anything. Has anyone had a similar experience and produced eggs for collection ?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET March-April 2016 #2

Quote Originally Posted by Annie85 View Post
    Hi ladies, I have my egg collection booked for 10:30am on Monday but I'm a bit bummed out. This is my second fresh cycle using different drugs. First cycle was Gonal F and this cycle is Menopur and Omnitripe. In the first cycle I was really bloated and they got 14 eggs. This time I don't feel anything at all, no bloating or discomfort. They could see 10 measurable follies on Thursdays ultrasound. I'm worried they won't find any eggs in there because I don't feel anything. Has anyone had a similar experience and produced eggs for collection ?
    @Annie85 I had this same experience with Menopur. I hd two cancelled cycles on gonal f as I had early stages OHSS and couldn't even stand up straight I was so bloated. Day before my EPU on my menopur cycle I was worried my follicles had shrunk as I didn't feel a thing. I only had two eggs after pick up but it only takes one in the end. I think this whole process of IVF we will always be worrying about something so just trust you FS and your body. Sorry I didn't want to scare you, I'm sure you will get more than me as I didn't have that many follies! Good luck xx
    Last edited by mrsh1984; 07-05-2016 at 19:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Annie85 Like you, I didn't feel as bloated on Menopur. My ultrasound this time showed 11 follies and I was told that 8 would be the right size. I got 12 eggs and they were all mature. 7 fertilized, compared to round 1 on Gonal, of which only 9 were mature and only 3 fertilized. The embryos also got a lot further with their development than our Gonal round. I think I've said before on this thread... I don't know whether it was thanks to the Menapur or Orgalatron, but we certainly got better results. My FS told me that Menopur is more natural because it contains some real human growth hormone, which could explain why we experience less bloating. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to worry, 10 measurable follies is great and they wouldn't be going ahead with retrieval if they weren't confident you'd get eggs. Hugs! What is your FS putting in place to encourage development post retrieval?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Annie, on my second cycle (the one where we were successful) I was still on GonalF but at my last ultrasound 2 days before my EPU they said I had 5 good follies. I ended up with 10 eggs. I didn't feel bloated at all and I was a bit worried we wouldn't get many. I had 19 eggs the first time so I'm not sure whether I just felt no bloating because the last time was bad, but I do remember worrying I wasn't bloated enough!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone I hope you're having a great weekend. My BT is tomorrow so the TWW is almost over! I've been tracking my progress through home tests and the second line is now darker than the test line. So nervous about tomorrow!! ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1462682069.522836.jpg

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrsh1984 For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (08-05-2016),MrsSMS  (09-05-2016),mrsthomo  (10-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies

@mrsh yay fantastic lines good luck for bt tomorrow

13. The Following User Says Thank You to katt1011 For This Useful Post:

mrsh1984  (08-05-2016)