+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 85 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for being quiet everyone, I check in every couple of days but find it hard to keep up, this thread moves super fast.
    @Sunnysummers I'm so sorry you're going through that. The clinic sounds useless with communication. I'll be thinking of you today. Virtual hug!

Hi @Annie85 I think we may have chatted on the Jan thread? I'm on my second round too, trigger injection tonight. Are you on different meds this round?

Afm I had my second scan yesterday and the nurse said I should have 8 follies that will be ready for retrieval on Monday. At Wednesday's scan she'd found 4 smaller ones on right and 7 on left. Is this common? Also, how does everyone's clinics explain the blood test results? When they called on Wednesday to say retrieval would be Monday, I asked what the bloods showed and she said my estrogen was 5.9, but I have no idea what that means? other people seem to get figures in the thousands? Last round they didn't tell me any specifics. Sorry if it's a stupid question!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsZebu For This Useful Post:

Sunnysummers  (30-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I had my scan this morning and he could not see anything in the tubes.... I had another blood test and it is 390. It seems so unbelievable! I have to go in again on Tuesday for another blood test and scan. He has told me to start taking my progesterone again which tells me he thinks there is a slight chance it could be a normal pregnancy or he is covering his butt!!! It just seems like the unexpected always happens to us. I sure hope a little miracle is on its way but I really doubt it. This ride just keeps getting harder. My progesterone has dropped to 2.9 though
    Last edited by Sunnysummers; 30-04-2016 at 14:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Sunnysummers yay i so hope you managed to get pregnant or stay pregnant lol. Atleast its not in your tubes i have everything crossed for you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to katt1011 For This Useful Post:

Sunnysummers  (30-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsZebu I can't help you out sorry. I can't remember what they told me about the blood results around egg collection. It seems like a lifetime ago for me. I also don't remember how many follicles I had. I just wanted to thank you for your hug I wish you all the best with your retrieval and you hope you get some good eggies.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsZebu View Post
    Sorry for being quiet everyone, I check in every couple of days but find it hard to keep up, this thread moves super fast.
    @Sunnysummers I'm so sorry you're going through that. The clinic sounds useless with communication. I'll be thinking of you today. Virtual hug!

Hi @Annie85 I think we may have chatted on the Jan thread? I'm on my second round too, trigger injection tonight. Are you on different meds this round?

Afm I had my second scan yesterday and the nurse said I should have 8 follies that will be ready for retrieval on Monday. At Wednesday's scan she'd found 4 smaller ones on right and 7 on left. Is this common? Also, how does everyone's clinics explain the blood test results? When they called on Wednesday to say retrieval would be Monday, I asked what the bloods showed and she said my estrogen was 5.9, but I have no idea what that means? other people seem to get figures in the thousands? Last round they didn't tell me any specifics. Sorry if it's a stupid question!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnysummers For This Useful Post:

MrsZebu  (01-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Annerley do you think it's too early to see if it is in the tubes? He didn't mention that it still could be. It sounded like he thought if he can't see it now it won't be later? It's all so up in the air. So frustrating!! I'm so sorry you had to go through it. It's just not fair what people have to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by Annerley View Post
    @Sunnysummers wow what an ordeal and how very slack of your clinic!
    i went through an ectopic a couple of months ago so please be careful and look after yourself. Even though the word ectopic came up a couple of times when I was having my hcg checked nothing really prepared me for the truck that hit me when I actually had the scan and got confirmation that it was an ectopic. My levels were going up slowly and inconsistently, which was hard as at first you have hope and then you just want it to be over. I knew that even if I had a sack in the right place that the pregnancy couldn't be viable with slow rising numbers so was expecting to just see an empty sac on the scan. It was an empty sac but just in the wrong spot. I have also read that numbers that rise and then fall and the rise again usually points to this and I got a pain in my back the night before my scan as well.
    if I can help you at all, please let me know. If you get the same news I did, you will come out the other end, it's hard and I wouldn't wish it on anyone but it's a relief once it's dealt with. Thank goodness you are getting an early scan, my clinic had me wait til 7wks for a scan as my levels had to be at 2000.
    Also look into the methotextrate injection as an option to avoid surgery. I opted for that and it worked for me and given your levels, you should be given that option also. The only downside is that it isn't an instant fix and you have to wait a minimum of 3mths to have another transfer. I had the injection on the 6th Jan and my hcg took until 16th feb to reach 4, which was deemed a negative test.
    good luck, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow x

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1461992774.040192.jpgI've had trouble putting him down, he's a bit colicky but I finally got him in his cot! (Lol hurry up and work IVF!)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Apples1234 For This Useful Post:

mrsthomo  (10-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sunnysummers yes unfortunately you wouldn't see anything on a scan with those numbers. I had to wait til almost 7wks for my scan.
    Ill give you a brief run down on how it went for me and this is just from memory.
    So at 8dp5dt my hcg was 51 and progesterone was 58 and I was told I was pregnant. Three days later my levels were 96 and progesterone was something like 47. At that point they said they were on the fence about it but I knew it was over and really thought the first result was too low. Three days later it went up to 180 but they then said it couldn't be a viable pregancy as my levels twice had doubled outside of the 48-72hr time frame. My progesterone was around 22 by then and at around 5wks pregnant they I started spotting. They said it was likely to be a chemical pregnancy and were expecting the bleeding to get heavier and for levels to drop but if they didnt, they'd do a d&c. I asked about a scan and they told me there wasn't any point in doing a scan til hcg is at least 1000 as they wouldn't be able to see anything. My next reading was around 360 so they left it a week at at that stage I was just over 6wks and my hcg was in the 700s and progesterone was around 20. They were shocked it had climbed again and not resolved itself. That blood test was on NYE and I was beside myself thinking id need a d&c. I went for more bloods on the monday at 6wks5days and my bloods were 1600 so they were happy for me to have a scan the next day and found it in my tube. When they looked in my uterus and found nothing at that point, I just knew. The empty sac measured 1.7 by 1.9cm. The good news about low levels is that there's a much lower chance at it rupturing. The following day at 7wks exactly, I was in the hospital having the injection and my hcg was just over 2000. 4 days later it was 1900 and 3 days after that it was 714. It took about 5 weeks after that one to get to 4.
    My advice would be to push for another scan as soon as your levels reach 1000. Some ectopics self resolve but most dont. I also had to stop taking my elevit as soon as the ectopic was confirmed so I wasn't feeding the embryo whilst they were trying to resolve it for me. If there's anything else I can tell you please ask but the key is to treat this early! Ive heard of some people just having the injection even before the scan when the strange hcg levels and low progesterone levels are indicating an ectopic, just to avoid a rupture. Im so sorry about how your clinic is treating this. One thing with my clinic is that they are completely straight with me and even this time, they told me how it was which has meant I haven't even had tears today at all as they prepared me for this on Tuesday. I really hope you are ok but if you are feeling up to it then you could research your options just in case, as I found it overwhelming to make a big decision in that moment after the scan. I had to decide really quickly as with either option, i had to be at the hospital the next morning and the hospital needed to know what id decided the afternoon before. The 2 options are a laparoscopy or a methotrexate injection.

AFM: the bfn was confirmed today but ive had plenty of time to process it so feeling fine with it and glad there is no dragging on. The great news is that I found out today that tuesdays progesterone level was only 10 and that's why they knew it couldnt be a successful cycle, however today my progesterone was at 59, which means the pessaries were working. Im treating this as a practice run for next go when ill get to have the pessaries sooner and it feels good to know that they worked.
    Last edited by Annerley; 30-04-2016 at 19:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsZebu View Post

I think you're right we did chat then! My protocol has completely changed from from down regulation cycle to antagonist cycle. The meds have also changed from Gonal F to Menopur. And added 4gm of melatonin and the human growth hormone to help with egg quality. How about you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sunnysummers so sorry you are going through this! I had a similar early pregnancy loss with low numbers that they worried about being ectopic too. Ended up passing naturally but took 6 weeks to get hcg back to normal. At your levels it could be either ectopic or a non viable pregnancy (I know they have you back on support just in case it's viable). They couldn't see anything on my scan with low numbers either but my hcg started dropping and then bouncing back up. Was going to have a laparoscopy but luckily passed everything. So it could be either. I feel for you, it's such an awful time and I grieved that pregnancy a lot longer than I thought I would, so take care of yourself hun xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie85 View Post
    I think you're right we did chat then! My protocol has completely changed from from down regulation cycle to antagonist cycle. The meds have also changed from Gonal F to Menopur. And added 4gm of melatonin and the human growth hormone to help with egg quality. How about you?
    I've also changed from GonalF to Menopur. I asked about Melatonin but was told the jury is out on its helpfulness. I'm also on the growth hormone Omnitrope, is that the same as you? My FS warned me that a research paper released at the end of last year suggested that it is not as effective as first thought, but we figured anything is worth a shot! We are striving for egg quality too. We'd said this would be our last fresh cycle so wanted to try everything possible that might help. Are you taking CoQ10?