+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiya ladies, so happy to see so many BFPs! After my weird lighter BFP on Tues, I have since had darker tests each day! A quick question- my first blood test isn't until Friday when I'll be 5 weeks, because of a due date between Xmas and new year, do you think I should decide on and book in an appt. with an ob etc. soon or okay to wait another week or two? So thrilled & sending you all love and luck
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1461498232.560934.jpg
    Attached Images

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chloechloe86 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (25-04-2016),HillDweller  (25-04-2016),kdsd  (24-04-2016),lotsathoughts  (25-04-2016),MusicalMumma  (24-04-2016),Staaz  (25-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrata @chloechloe86 when i got my bfp with my ds, we booked an appt with our chosen OB after our appt with our fs which I think was about 5 weeks. So I'd say if the one you'd like to go with is popular then I'd just go ahead and book them in to make sure. Better to be safe than sorry! And congrats...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kdsd For This Useful Post:

chloechloe86  (25-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats @chloechloe86!!! I'd go ahead and book in with an ob as I would think that'd be a particularly hard time to find one. I have no experience to base that off though

Question for you ladies... How many dpt do you start testing? I'm not feeling any symptoms I didn't already have on the crinone but I'm keen to see if this has worked! Currently 4dp5dt. Also, do you restart the tww from your transfer date or EPU date?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MusicalMumma For This Useful Post:

chloechloe86  (25-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats @chloechloe86 those lines look great! I only tested once with DD at the day before 4wks and my line looked the same as your top tests. I booked my obs after my second blood test as then I knew my numbers were rising nicely and wanted to lessen the chance that I'd have to make the horrible phone call of calling to cancel if things didn't look right but in saying that my clinic does the blood tests a lot earlier than other clinics and I was only 4wks3days along when I was having my second test.
    @MusicalMumma the tww is technically the part between the transfer and the time when your af is due/ your pregnancy blood test is. It's a bit deceiving though as it's only really a 1.5 week wait between those two points and more like 2 weeks from EPU date. With this FET, my transfer was only on Friday and my blood test is next Saturday so my tww is really only 8 days! I've never been one to test early so probably not the best one to answer your question but I tested at 7dp5dt with my last pregnancy and got an obvious line then. I know some get bfps super early, like at the point you are now but it definitely varies from person to person and I'd wait til at least 5dp at the absolute earliest if it were me but know that it could go either way. If it helps, when I was on Crinone with DD, I didn't feel anything that I couldn't put down to just being a Crinone symptom so really didn't know which way the hpt would go. With my last pregnancy, it was an unmedicated FET and I got familiar feelings from 6dp5dt but my hcg ended up being low anyway.
    Good luck x
    Last edited by Annerley; 25-04-2016 at 09:07.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

chloechloe86  (25-04-2016),MusicalMumma  (25-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annerley View Post
    Congrats @chloechloe86 those lines look great! I only tested once with DD at the day before 4wks and my line looked the same as your top tests. I booked my obs after my second blood test as them I knew my numbers were rising nicely and wanted to lessen the chance that I'd have to make the horrible phone call of calling to cancel if things didn't look right but in saying that my clinic does the blood tests a lot earlier than other clinics and I was only 4wks3days along when I was having my second test.
    @MusicalMumma the tww is technically the part between the transfer and the the when your af is due/ your pregnancy blood test is. It's a bit deceiving though as it's only really a 1.5 week wait between those two points and more like 2 weeks from EPU date. With this FET, my transfer was only on Friday and my blood test is next Saturday so my tww is really only 8 days! I've never been one to test early so probably not the best one to answer your question but I tested at 7dp5dt with my last pregnancy and got an obvious line then. I know some get bfps super early, like at the point you are now but it definitely varies from person to person and I'd wait til at least 5dp at the absolute earliest if it were me but know that it could go either way. If it helps, when I was on Crinone with DD, I didn't feel anything that I couldn't put down to just being a Crinone symptom so really didn't know which way the hpt would go. With my last pregnancy, it was an unmedicated FET and I got familiar feelings from 6dp5dt but my hcg ended up being low anyway.
    Good luck x
    Thanks for clearing up Annerley. My FS had booked me in for bloods 12dpt (almost a tww) but I'm going on school camp then so have to get it done earlier at 10dpt. She said not to be disappointed if it comes back negative as it may still be too early. But I think it should really be showing by then. Interesting that yours did bloods at 8dp!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MusicalMumma For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (25-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No worries @MusicalMumma it seems that all the ladies I've come across on here that go through the same clinic as me have early blood tests, whereas lots of other clinics leave it til a few days after af would be due.
    On a fresh cycle, my clinic does it at 9dp, the day af would be due and the pregnancy would be 4wks exactly but they do it at 8dp on a FET as I think it's so they get in before you wake up with af and have your answer (particularly when there are no meds holding it off).
    You are completely right though, at 10dp you'll definitely have a conclusive test. When I had my test at 9dp, my clinic said they were looking for a number over 100 then for me to be deemed pregnant and it came back at 160. I have heard some clinics say anything over 70 on that day though. I also think it depends on whether it's fresh or frozen though as I've heard frozen embryos often implant later and the numbers can be lower. When I had my last FET and they tested the day before af was due, they were only looking for anything over 25 so were happy when I came back with 51. I wasn't so confident with a low number and knew not to get too excited and looks like I was right. The exciting part is that you'll have your answer in 5 days time. Sounds like we might have the same BT date, is yours the 30th also? Since it's a Saturday, my clinic sends the results away (instead of doing them in house like they do through the week) and sometimes the results don't come through before closing time. Thankfully I'd be able to call on Sunday morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Annerley View Post
    No worries @MusicalMumma it seems that all the ladies I've come across on here that go through the same clinic as me have early blood tests, whereas lots of other clinics leave it til a few days after af would be due.
    On a fresh cycle, my clinic does it at 9dp, the day af would be due and the pregnancy would be 4wks exactly but they do it at 8dp on a FET as I think it's so they get in before you wake up with af and have your answer (particularly when there are no meds holding it off).
    You are completely right though, at 10dp you'll definitely have a conclusive test. When I had my test at 9dp, my clinic said they were looking for a number over 100 then for me to be deemed pregnant and it came back at 160. I have heard some clinics say anything over 70 on that day though. I also think it depends on whether it's fresh or frozen though as I've heard frozen embryos often implant later and the numbers can be lower. When I had my last FET and they tested the day before af was due, they were only looking for anything over 25 so were happy when I came back with 51. I wasn't so confident with a low number and knew not to get too excited and looks like I was right. The exciting part is that you'll have your answer in 5 days time. Sounds like we might have the same BT date, is yours the 30th also? Since it's a Saturday, my clinic sends the results away (instead of doing them in house like they do through the week) and sometimes the results don't come through before closing time. Thankfully I'd be able to call on Sunday morning.
    Yes Annerley, it seems we do! Saturday will be exactly 4wks for me and past AF due date so hopefully whatever result I get will be a truthful one. I think I might do an hpt on Friday though. I'd like to know before they tell me if you know what I mean. My clinic does bloodwork on site so I'll know sat arvo. Fingers crossed we both get positive results!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best of luck to you also @MusicalMumma. I hope I get the phone call before they leave on Saturday afternoon. I keep telling myself that I'm going to be strong this time around and not test before. I told myself that the first time around but got a sudden urge to do it one morning so last transfer I was I knew I'd test before also. I'm a bit nervous to this time since I'm feeling a bit more vulnerable after what happened last time (thinking I had a bfp and then getting a low result the following day) and also because we are getting low with our frosties that I'm a bit scared of it being negative. I keep telling myself that the phone call won't be as hard to take on the weekend as opposed to being at work BUT I do have 1 hpt left in my drawer and am usually really inpatient so we will see how that goes.

Welcome @gflo sorry that I have no advice as I haven't used orgalutran before. I really want to say to not beat yourself up too much as people make mistakes only that I could imagine how I'd be feeling. I hope it hasn't really affected things that much for you!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

MusicalMumma  (25-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick question.. what are your protocols for your FET?

I'm looking at going in around June/July and was wondering what the whole protocol is from cycle day 1 to transfer ie. estrogen, followed by pessaries? Do you go in for u/s monitoring ? It's funny I think my brain has blocked some parts of my IVF journey out as I'm trying to rack my brain as to what I did but I can only remember so much.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET March-April 2016 #2

Quote Originally Posted by Bundle of joy View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick question.. what are your protocols for your FET?

I'm looking at going in around June/July and was wondering what the whole protocol is from cycle day 1 to transfer ie. estrogen, followed by pessaries? Do you go in for u/s monitoring ? It's funny I think my brain has blocked some parts of my IVF journey out as I'm trying to rack my brain as to what I did but I can only remember so much.

Thanks
    Hi @Bundleofjoy

I'm currently on day 25 of FET #2
    I'm doing a low dose stim/ medicated FET.
    Day 2 BT
    Day 3-11 Gonal-F 50
    Day 11 BT & scan
    Day 11 trigger- Pregnyl 5000
    Day 15 Pregnyl 1500
    Day 17 ET
    Day 18 Pregnyl 1500
    Day 19 BT
    Day 21 Pregnyl 1500
    Day 24 Pregnyl 1500
    Day 30 BT

I have a 27 day cycle but because of the Pregnyl my FS likes to hold off on final BT till day 30 :/ If AF comes before BT they will bring the BT forward. Fingers crossed this is the one!
    Best of luck with your FET.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Muchulu1 For This Useful Post:

Bundle of joy  (25-04-2016)