+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 85 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsh1984 View Post
    Just reading there a few teachers here! Me too! I teach secondary. My work has been incredibly supportive but I must say being in a class of 26 16 year olds trying to teach when you get some not great news isn't easy!!
    Haha it certainly isn't!! I feel like I've become very good at covering up and lying about my emotions throughout this whole process. Not healthy but makes it easier to stay professional.

I'm sorry to hear you only got the 2 eggs. Fingers crossed they grow into strong embies for you!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MusicalMumma For This Useful Post:

Sunnysummers  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies 3dp5dt here and I’m feeling lousy. Tired and a sore throat. I really hope I’m not coming down with something.

So very sorry to hear of people’s bad luck lately - @EWins it is heartbreaking to get no embryos. I hope your FS has some good suggestions for tactics to try next time.

@Sunnysummers thank you for sharing your story. This journey is so unfair sometimes - I’m so sorry that you had to go through all that and now this situation too

@HillDweller yay for your FS! That’s awesome that you’ve already got it all booked in and everything

@mrsh1984 I hope they are two amazing eggs! Fx for you

@mrsthomo does your FIL think before he opens his mouth? I don’t know how you stayed so calm in that situation!!

@Flower78 thanks for doing the roll call - you’re doing a brilliant job!

Congrats on being PUPO, @Annerley! Glad everything went well for you xo

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Staaz For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (22-04-2016),Sunnysummers  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Annerley yay your PUPO! I was really worried too as one of our embryos didn't make the cut after thaw we just have to be positive and think that we have the right one on board sending baby dust!
    @katt1011 I am turning into an addict!! The line was almost instant not as dark as control line but heaps darker than yesterday! Not getting too excited yet as I have been pregnant before and it didn't work out but feeling positive!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for you kind words. I guess it's twice as much chance as naturally and even more for me as I don't ovulate at all! So nervous about the call tomorrow!!
    I have to say I'm so thankful to have this as a support group xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsh1984 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsh1984 View Post
    Hi ladies
    I am home from EPU and feeling disappointed as they only got two eggs... Sigh... I hope they both fertilise. 😞
    I'm sorry you only got 2 eggs hopefully you will get a beautiful embryo or two!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsthomo View Post
    Wow! @MusicalMumma can't believe how many teachers are here!
    What do you teach? Music?? )

I am working towards my diploma in child care. I want to own a family daycare.
    @katt1011 I'm still crampy, just taking it easy really. Doing my school work from bed. Thank you for asking!
    I want to do a stim cycle or two (depending on how the first goes) because it's better value the more we do this year.
    I think when I said I want to do a a fet was because I was feeling impatient because my friends are all getting pregnant. Including an ex of mine from waay back. 😧
    Oh my goodness you poor thing. Is that hyperemesis gravidarum?
    Yes that's absolutely true. I like to think if I suffered like that I would be okay with it because it meant I would have a baby in the end.

Oh my gosh you guys. My FIL just came over and he asked how things were going and I said we needed to make an appointment to start again and everything and do you know what he said?
    Keep practicing.
    I said no it's not possible to which he said anything is possible.
    I like to think I'm a very even tempered person but spending all this money and just struggling so much it's really getting me down lately so that gem made a bit of steam come out of my ears! 😖
    I calmly explained that we need icsi and even if we didn't, my eggs aren't the best so it could take several months. But we do so it's nearly impossible for us to become pregnant naturally!

Then he said well keep practicing anyway to make him happy.. and I laughed and he said and you... if you want to.
    Lol I am not about to discuss my sex life with my husband's dad (not actual father)
    But if we could get pregnant naturally we would have long ago because we are very 'happy' thank you very much!
    Gosh people's clueless understanding drives me mad!!! I'm so tired of hearing, "It might just happen!" Gahhhhh!!!!! If it was going to I think it would have happened in three years!!
    Or the best question, "When do you think you'll have a baby?" One day I am going to lose the plot. It really isn't their fault because everyone who asks have been lucky and had no trouble at all having kids so they just assume everyone is the same. There really is a lack of understanding of how hard it is for some people to have children.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunnysummers For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (22-04-2016),MusicalMumma  (23-04-2016),Staaz  (23-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lotsathoughts View Post
    Oh yeah it's really tough if you're not able to take time off. So hard if leadership isn't supportive and aware. At my last school in NSW where I fell pregnant with DD I told the principal I was going through IVF...the first question she asked was "So you'll need to take time off?" So compassionate 😂
    Luckily I had an amazing Deputy Pricipal there who was like a friend the whole way through.

Haven't told anyone at this new school. Will just hope the major days aren't the days I work. 😁😁
    Much tougher when you're full time so it's a good idea to plan it during holidays 👍🏼
    I've tried to do all mine in holidays except one. It just saves a whole heap of uncomfortable explaining!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunnysummers For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (22-04-2016),MusicalMumma  (23-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @MrsMs yay see you panicked for no reason but understandably im still panicking over mine it never ends lol n im still poas lol

14. The Following User Says Thank You to katt1011 For This Useful Post:

MrsSMS  (23-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for your kind words ladies. I'm ok @katt1011
    I just feel a bit numb. I have so many people around me falling pregnant, including my best friend and whilst I'm so happy for them, it's so hard when you see people having kids who when you started trying thought the idea of kids was soooo way off. It just reminds you how long you've wanted to be a mum

I truly hope we have some more good news on this thread as it does give me hope that this process can work!!!

I have so many supportive people around me but unless they have actually walked in our shoes, they can never truly understand the hardships. Just the fact that creating babies is meant to be a FREE and FUN experience makes my blood boil. Add on top of that the roller coaster ride of emotions, the diminishing money funds, the age clock ticking and all the days you should have been a mum and you have a very screwed up situation.

I wouldn't wish this IVF process on anyone. We are strong ladies and we will get there! We all just have to hang in there xx

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sunnysummers For This Useful Post:

anulka  (23-04-2016),HillDweller  (22-04-2016),kdsd  (23-04-2016),lotsathoughts  (22-04-2016),MusicalMumma  (23-04-2016),Staaz  (23-04-2016),Xxsmileyxx93  (23-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Sunnysummers it will work for you and you will get your baby. I think the only person i did tell was my best friend cause she can't have kids and it makes me feel like the worst person, understably i dont see her when im pregnant or just after. I just feel so bad for her knowing she cant and her one she did have died from heart complications as a baby. It breaks my heart that she has no options available to have a baby 😭