+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 85 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsthomo View Post
    @MusicalMumma
    Haha I love him dearly but he just doesn't get it at all.
    I have explained our sperm and egg situation to him before in detail but I think he only thinks sperm can be slow or something because he always nods and says yes they're slow but they can live a few days in there. *sigh*
    I felt like saying do you think we are getting nowhere in life or with our savings for fun?! No! Lol

Do you think you want to wait until it happens and then relay your struggle? Or leave it out?
    Honestly I wish we had just waited. My mum is so insensitive about it and when I visit I come home too drained to even cry.
    I remember the first time I was asked when we are gonna have kids from my parents after we had just gotten married and I didn't see any harm in it I think I remember saying really soon I hope!
    Now yes it does bother me when I hear it. All my husband's work friends ask me that when we visit them.
    Do you know what's even better? When are you gonna buy a house and have kids?
    Gee I don't know, maybe when we can even replenish our house deposit fund that has completely disappeared because we spent all of it on ivf?
    Woah! I have a feeling that is really long, sorry!

Awesome! I'm happy that you get to teach something you love!
    I hope you have a nice day at work and the kids aren't hard on you or anything. I remember how bad we were in high school. Lol!
    I feel like you would need a lot of patience too!

Thank you so much! I honestly hate book work. I really dread opening up my computer and doing it. Haha 😣
    I love the placement though. I find it so fun working with little kids. I can't wait to earn money while doing it!!
    Yeah it's definitely rewarding and I don't mean in the financial sense! Haha I think high school teaching requires a different type of patience. I'm also a year coordinator so I need a lot of that

Totally with you on the family and annoying questions thing. My go to line is now "we'll think about it once we have a house" which they know is a few yrs off.

We are planning to tell them about our struggles but only after we announce the pregnancy because we don't want to take away from the surprise. I was reading someone else's post though about their blabber mouth mum - mine is exactly the same. We have discussed keeping the fact it's IVF a secret from everyone except immediate family (hubbys wishes) but I don't think my mum will be able to keep quiet! Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh @HillDweller
    Check this sub out:
    https://m.reddit.com/r/justnofamily

It's a sister of a sub I follow called /r/justnomil which is sometimes quite hilarious.

It's nice to know that others have crazy families too. x

Brilliant!! x

Oh my gosh you guys. My FIL just came over and he asked how things were going and I said we needed to make an appointment to start again and everything and do you know what he said?
    Keep practicing.
    I said no it's not possible to which he said anything is possible.
    I like to think I'm a very even tempered person but spending all this money and just struggling so much it's really getting me down lately so that gem made a bit of steam come out of my ears! ������
    I calmly explained that we need icsi and even if we didn't, my eggs aren't the best so it could take several months. But we do so it's nearly impossible for us to become pregnant naturally!

Then he said well keep practicing anyway to make him happy.. and I laughed and he said and you... if you want to.
    Lol I am not about to discuss my sex life with my husband's dad (not actual father)
    But if we could get pregnant naturally we would have long ago because we are very 'happy' thank you very much!

Must be "FIL put their foot in it" week! LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just reading there a few teachers here! Me too! I teach secondary. My work has been incredibly supportive but I must say being in a class of 26 16 year olds trying to teach when you get some not great news isn't easy!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsh1984 For This Useful Post:

MusicalMumma  (22-04-2016),Sunnysummers  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsh1984 View Post
    Hi ladies
    I am home from EPU and feeling disappointed as they only got two eggs... Sigh... I hope they both fertilise. ������
    Sorry you didn't get as many as you wanted @mrsh1984 Hopefully they both fertilise and go on to become great little embies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mrsthomo oh my gosh it irritates me soooo much when people say things like that. You're right, it implies you have a choice in the matter. People have no idea what goes into this process and the sacrifices you have to make, if they did they wouldn't simplify it all down to "practicing"....ohhhh so that's where we've gone wrong?!! Thanks mate!

And it doesn't stop after you have a baby. People always tell me how they've heard of so many people falling pregnant naturally after having a baby. These stories don't inspire me they make me feel bad that I'm not one of those people.
    (Side note: I'd be totally thrilled for anyone who was in that position as I know they'd appreciate it! One of my best friends was and she actually felt guilty that she had become one of "those" stories 😂)

We're in a 2 bedroom unit. We can't afford a bigger house but that's not our priority at the moment. DH and I were discussing this the other night and how our family is our goal. I also watch all those "Tiny House" shows on tv to make me feel better about where we are...haha!

And quite frankly, it's noone's business when you're going to buy a home. I'd say to them when they pay the deposit! People really have no tact.

Good luck with your work. I too take my hat off to early childhood educators. Such an important role and undervalued in our society.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

MusicalMumma  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kat1011 I know what you mean, when I was pregnant I had no morning sickness and it made me worry more. I had no real clues about whether I was still pregnant. But I was lucky because we got married when I was 9weeks...could you imagine the alter?!!
    Saying that, I hope it doesn't make you feel too horrible. I would never wish for someone to feel crappy xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET March-April 2016 #2

Quote Originally Posted by mrsh1984 View Post
    Just reading there a few teachers here! Me too! I teach secondary. My work has been incredibly supportive but I must say being in a class of 26 16 year olds trying to teach when you get some not great news isn't easy!!
    Yep very hard to focus. Not nice at all.

Fingers crossed they both fertilize xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    March/April Roll Call

Stim cycle

mrsh1984 EPU Fri 22/4 2 eggs
    Annie84
    Twiglets
    Xxsmileyxx93 EPU 11/4 11 eggs 7 fert,
    MrsZebu
    Skirtym
    julianicholson
    AbbyJay
    Gabsie EPU 20/4 5 eggs

2WW

OIC
    MrsSMS B/T 26/4
    rtkirk
    Muchulu1 ET 17/4 BT 30/4 on boosters
    Chloechloe86 ET 13/4 (POAS BFP!)
    MusicalMumma ET 20/4
    Staaz ET 19/4 B/T 29/4
    Amberley ET 22/4 B/T ?

BFP!
    MaybeBabyIVF
    rmcl
    Grannyblank
    Kathk18
    RubyGirl
    Cooki
    HillDweller
    katt1011

Hugs
    NandM (chem)
    Tripmum
    Ashe87
    smallkatty
    babybeanie
    Mink
    Lotsathoughts
    Lovebubs77 (m/c)
    Ivfnewbie
    kdsd
    EWins (no transfer, hugs)
    Sunnysummers (chem)

Freeze all and waiting!
    mrsthomo EPU 11/4 7eggs/2fert/2 frozen blasts canc OHSS
    anulka EPU 11/4 freeze all high risk OHSS, 12 eggs, 8 fert 4 frozen
    Flower78 EPU 19/4 4 eggs/3 fert/3 frozen Day 2 -high progesterone

Sorry to hear you only got two eggs mrsh1984. Hopefully they're both fantastic and make beautiful blasts xx Were you expecting more, did u have a lot of follicles? I had six follies and got four eggs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sunnysummers massive hugs to you. So sorry to read the pain you have been through. I watch my cousin go through a similar situation. Perfect pregnancy until 19 weeks then went to their scan and there was no heartbeat. At first they said he had caught a virus from a cold she had but after tests done, there was absolutely nothing wrong. Its a bizarre world we live in. Hopefully in the very near future you will get the bubba you so deserve xx
    @EWins sorry your also having a ****ty ride.. this journey sucks so bad most of the time! Big hugs x
    @mrsh1984 sorry you only got 2 eggs. both fertilise and you get 2 beautiful embies. Good luck x
    @mrsthomo the stupid things people say.. I'm sick of trying to explain to my mum that it will not ever have naturally for us as hubby only produces 5 to 8 sperm each time.. she always responds with 'it only takes one' arrgghhhhh

Good luck to everyone else.. sorry on my phone and can't go back.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kdsd For This Useful Post:

Sunnysummers  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm PUPO!! My transfer went well and seems to have gone better than last time where they couldn't get a clear pic on the ultrasound screen. The only downside is that we lost one of our embryos in the thaw as it wasn't dividing enough to be transferred. I'm still very grateful to have one on board and one left in the freezer. I would imagine if there's a next transfer that it will be a little stressful to rely on the one to go but trying not to get too ahead of myself.
    My blood test is the 30th April.
    @mrsh1984 I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment and hoping that those two little ones are all you need.

Wow I can't believe some of the comments you ladies have been getting. I'm sure we've all had some at some point but I can't believe the ones that you ladies have had to endure!!
    I can't believe that we are nearly at the end of April already! Where has the time gone?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (22-04-2016),MrsSMS  (22-04-2016),Sunnysummers  (22-04-2016)