+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 85 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 850
  1. #361
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    141
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked
    107
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by EWins View Post
    Well what a poop day. Got the call this morning to say our ET was cancelled as our frozen embryo didn't go so well through the night. So from 12 eggs and 8 embryos we got a big fat 0. Apparently we have to speak to the medical director to discuss the best option moving forward. I guess on the bright side they are trying to find out why and not just say oh well, try again.

    Not sure whether to start again next cycle or have a cycle off. If I do next cycle it coincides with me driving up to the GC from Sydney to see my sister. My Aunt will be in the car with me so I will have to jab myself sneakily in a toilet somewhere and play around with eskys or cooler bags which could be awkward.

    This is all too hard already. It's been 4 months/cycles and we haven't even been able to try to put an embryo in.

    Today is

    Sorry this is just a vent and not very supportive to anyone else
    Oh what a terrible news. I am so sorry to hear that. Its just so unfair! Please dont apologize - vebt as much as you need it - thats why we are here. Sending you the bigest hugs of all!
    Lets wait and see what your FS will say to all this. Sorry to ask but what did you mean by 4 cycles and no transfers? Have you had all 4 cycles cancelled?
    You poor thing xxxxxx

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked
    117
    Reviews
    0
    Hi ladies,

    Wasn't good news as I expected. It has dropped to 66. I have to go for another test on Saturday to confirm it is still droping but basically it's over I'm so incredibly sad, angry, frustrated, confused and every other emotion under the sun. We get so close and then it fails.

    I can't remember if I explained what happened in my first pregnancy on this thread or not but basically everything was going perfectly and then I had a severe bleed at 6 weeks. I was convinced I had miscarried and so were they. Went in for a scan and to the FS's shock it's heartbeat was very strong. I continued to have bleeding on and off and a multitude of scans. Everytime the outcome was, "everything looks good, measurements are great." Of course we were over the moon each time they said this but something inside me told me that something just wasn't right. Went in for our 12 week scan and our world came tumbling down. It was obvious to me straight away that the baby was not as it should be. The sonographer called in the doctor to assess her findings and of course hit us with the worst news. Our baby had a very rare case of amniotic banding syndrome. The doctor had only seen it a few times in her career and my FS had only seen it once many years ago. Our poor baby was completely malformed (not compatible with life although its heart still beating out of its chest) due to the amniotic sac rupturing and sticking to the baby. Obviously when this happens at such an early stage in pregnancy it wraps around the whole body and restricts its growth. We had to go into the termination clinic and do the unthinkable because something so rare happened to us. We had the placenta tested and results came back that our baby was chromosomally normal so had my sac not ruptured we would have had a perfectly healthy baby. So hard to deal with when you have gone through so much to get that beautiful baby. It truly was heartbreaking.

    My point of this story is that we should trust our instincts. I knew something was wrong just like I knew something was wrong this cycle. We know our bodies well and I don't think doctors give us enough credit for that.

    I'm not sure if we have purely been unlucky or there is something more going on. We will be investigating every avenue though before we do another transfer. I just feel like we're wasting good embryos. I really do hope the investigations find something so that we can alter our approach/medication etc.

    Sorry for such a long, deep post but wanted to share. It just feels like it's never going to happen for us but I have to keep reminding myself that it will. I will let you all know Saturday's result but I'm accepting that it's over for this time. I'm hoping for some luck to come on our side soon!

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked
    117
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by EWins View Post
    Well what a poop day. Got the call this morning to say our ET was cancelled as our frozen embryo didn't go so well through the night. So from 12 eggs and 8 embryos we got a big fat 0. Apparently we have to speak to the medical director to discuss the best option moving forward. I guess on the bright side they are trying to find out why and not just say oh well, try again.

    Not sure whether to start again next cycle or have a cycle off. If I do next cycle it coincides with me driving up to the GC from Sydney to see my sister. My Aunt will be in the car with me so I will have to jab myself sneakily in a toilet somewhere and play around with eskys or cooler bags which could be awkward.

    This is all too hard already. It's been 4 months/cycles and we haven't even been able to try to put an embryo in.

    Today is

    Sorry this is just a vent and not very supportive to anyone else
    Oh @EWins I feel for you. There are so many facets of ivf that make it so sh**!!! Big hugs to you!!!

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    redcliffe
    Posts
    1,137
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    423
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @EWins how horrible for you to go through this and for this to happen multiple times to you, i so hope you get the answers on why this is happening

    @Sunnysummers oh no i can only imagine the horrible news with everything you have been through. I still remember one i lost many years ago, sadly you never forget. I hope you get some answers as well as the nk test. I was so hoping it was also going to be your lucky turn. Sadly its to much a reality in ivf of early miscarriage n why i dont relax until the end there are so many things that can go wrong. Huge cyber hugs i will always be here for you and everyone else watching you all get your turns.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to katt1011 For This Useful Post:

    Sunnysummers  (21-04-2016)

  6. #365
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    redcliffe
    Posts
    1,137
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked
    423
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Flowers great news on your little embryos i will be continuing to watch every one get their bfps

  7. #366
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Roleystone
    Posts
    1,711
    Thanks
    2,383
    Thanked
    1,926
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysummers View Post
    Hi ladies,

    Wasn't good news as I expected. It has dropped to 66. I have to go for another test on Saturday to confirm it is still droping but basically it's over I'm so incredibly sad, angry, frustrated, confused and every other emotion under the sun. We get so close and then it fails.

    I can't remember if I explained what happened in my first pregnancy on this thread or not but basically everything was going perfectly and then I had a severe bleed at 6 weeks. I was convinced I had miscarried and so were they. Went in for a scan and to the FS's shock it's heartbeat was very strong. I continued to have bleeding on and off and a multitude of scans. Everytime the outcome was, "everything looks good, measurements are great." Of course we were over the moon each time they said this but something inside me told me that something just wasn't right. Went in for our 12 week scan and our world came tumbling down. It was obvious to me straight away that the baby was not as it should be. The sonographer called in the doctor to assess her findings and of course hit us with the worst news. Our baby had a very rare case of amniotic banding syndrome. The doctor had only seen it a few times in her career and my FS had only seen it once many years ago. Our poor baby was completely malformed (not compatible with life although its heart still beating out of its chest) due to the amniotic sac rupturing and sticking to the baby. Obviously when this happens at such an early stage in pregnancy it wraps around the whole body and restricts its growth. We had to go into the termination clinic and do the unthinkable because something so rare happened to us. We had the placenta tested and results came back that our baby was chromosomally normal so had my sac not ruptured we would have had a perfectly healthy baby. So hard to deal with when you have gone through so much to get that beautiful baby. It truly was heartbreaking.

    My point of this story is that we should trust our instincts. I knew something was wrong just like I knew something was wrong this cycle. We know our bodies well and I don't think doctors give us enough credit for that.

    I'm not sure if we have purely been unlucky or there is something more going on. We will be investigating every avenue though before we do another transfer. I just feel like we're wasting good embryos. I really do hope the investigations find something so that we can alter our approach/medication etc.

    Sorry for such a long, deep post but wanted to share. It just feels like it's never going to happen for us but I have to keep reminding myself that it will. I will let you all know Saturday's result but I'm accepting that it's over for this time. I'm hoping for some luck to come on our side soon!
    I'm crying for you @Sunnysummers how utterly heartbreaking after going through that nightmare situation before. I just can't even imagine.


  8. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

    Sunnysummers  (21-04-2016)

  9. #367
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked
    117
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by katt1011 View Post
    @EWins how horrible for you to go through this and for this to happen multiple times to you, i so hope you get the answers on why this is happening

    @Sunnysummers oh no i can only imagine the horrible news with everything you have been through. I still remember one i lost many years ago, sadly you never forget. I hope you get some answers as well as the nk test. I was so hoping it was also going to be your lucky turn. Sadly its to much a reality in ivf of early miscarriage n why i dont relax until the end there are so many things that can go wrong. Huge cyber hugs i will always be here for you and everyone else watching you all get your turns.
    My FS is going to do the NK biopsy as he says the bloodtest is a waste of time. You must get more information from a sample than from the blood. I have to wait until HCG is at 0 and then do the biopsy around ovulation. I would've thought it would be better to take the sample now but there must be a method behind it. My FS will see me on Saturday morning after my blood test to discuss so let's hope he's there!

  10. #368
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    696
    Thanks
    649
    Thanked
    860
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So sorry to hear that @EWins your post definitely reminded me not to take my frozen ones for granted, there's no guarantees and it all seems to cruel and unfair. I hope you get some answers and your much deserved bfp in the very hear future!
    @Sunnysummers thanks for sharing, I'm so heartbroken for you. You are completely right though, I really think sometimes you just know. When I got my last bfp, my hcg was 51 but the clinic was happy with that as they do the blood test the day before af is due when it's an unmediated FET. I had a funny feeling that the number seemed low despite the nurses congratulating me. My hcg was 160 the day af was due with DD so although I was trying not to compare, I couldn't help but worry. Three days later, my hcg was 96 and they were on the fence but I just knew. Three days after that it was 180 and they finally admitted it wasn't going to happen.
    When I had my cycle group on here with DD, there were lots of bfps (only a couple of bfn's) but of all the bfps, everyone went on to have a healthy baby. We've all kept in contact on Facebook, which is nice but it just seemed like so many happy endings with no miscarriages, chemicals, etc. When I did the FET last year and cycled with a few of the ladies on here, there just seemed to be so much terrible luck and bad news. It really shocked me! I took comfort in knowing that there had been some lovely bfps in the group until slowly so many of them seemed to come back to say the pregnancy had ended. I've since learnt that my first cycle group was just very lucky and unfortunately it's not always that way it goes.
    @Flower78 great news on your embryos, I hope they keep growing well!
    Oh my gosh @MrsSMS how exciting! I really hope this is it!!
    Thanks @katt1011 I hope so too, id love to be joining you as one of the lucky ones! Enjoy those symptoms as much as you can, hehe!
    afm: ET for me tomorrow- getting excited but a bit nervous too! I remember when I knew I'd have to wait 3mths after my last FET, I thought it would be a long wait but can't believe it's time already.
    Last edited by Annerley; 21-04-2016 at 22:22.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

    Sunnysummers  (21-04-2016)

  12. #369
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    930
    Thanks
    305
    Thanked
    776
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sunnysummers I'm so sorry to hear that it hasn't turned out well. To have to do IVF and then have those losses is so so hard. I really hope they can find out what is happening. That's part of why I'm going to do PGS, so I can find out if it's abnormal chromosomes or something else stopping me getting pregnant this time, as I had rare pregnancy complications no one can explain too with my DS, I was so lucky he made it.

    Really hoping you get your miracle baby soon, that everyone here does.
    @EWins thinking of you too, I hope they can find out why the embryos aren't progressing for you so you can get to transfer xx

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

    Sunnysummers  (21-04-2016)

  14. #370
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    930
    Thanks
    305
    Thanked
    776
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default IVF/FET March-April 2016 #2

    Double post
    Last edited by Flower78; 21-04-2016 at 20:34.


 

Similar Threads

  1. IVF/FET March-April 2016
    By Staaz in forum IVF
    Replies: 1020
    Last Post: 14-04-2016, 09:54
  2. March 2016 TTC #2
    By rainbowsandunicorns1 in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 755
    Last Post: 02-04-2016, 12:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Babybee Prams
Save $50 in our pre-Christmas sale! All Comet's now only $500. Our bassinet & stroller set includes free shipping AUS wide, $75 free accessories, 18-months warranty & a 9 month free return policy. Check out our new designer range today!
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Sudocrem / Infacol
Sudocrem® Healing Cream is a soothing emollient cream which aids and assists in the management of nappy rash, eczema, abrasions, wounds and minor skin irritations. Infacol Wind Drops are an effective method of treating wind in infants.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!