+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 85 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSMS View Post
    8dpt 4. Day embryo.... It was a FET so no HCG in my system I have been kicking myself all day for testing yesterday
    You have to see if it gets darker tomorrow! When is your bt? 8days its early enough yay!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to anulka For This Useful Post:

MrsSMS  (21-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by anulka View Post
    Hi Girls!

This thread is amazing! I love reading all the stories tips and thoughts! Its just what we all need eh...

Now - I do have a quiet serious question to ask and I would like you to tell me what is your thought on it.
    So - I have a DD and she is 2we are now just waiting to do FET and we have 4 frozen embies yay! If we get lucky this time and have a sibling for our DD I would like to go through IVF and donate my eggs to somebody that needs it. I know its pretty big thing but the idea just got into my head and I cant brush it off. I just want to do it!... I know IVF is such an emotional journey and my hubby and I got lucky to have our precious girl. So whats your thoughts on that? In Australia when the child is 18 it can get info about his biological mother if he wants to... and your child will have a half - genetic sibling... and what do you think your hubby would say?
    I wanted to ask you as I don't think any of my friends would ever understand truly...
    We are going through IVF because MIF..
    So ? What would you do if you could donate?
    Sorry - hope I don't offend anyone - such a delicate matter. I really need to speak this one out loud.
    Thanks ladies and all the best for all of us xxxxx
    I have always only wanted one child, for us that means that there will still hopefully be embryos left, DH and I have discussed it at great length and have decided that if we can we would like to donate them to someone who needs them, as our first cycle we lost all our embryos on day 3, there looked like we might have been in a place where we needed someone else's help. It would be our way of paying it forward once we received our miracle.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsSMS For This Useful Post:

mrsthomo  (21-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies

@Sunnysummers any new yet ive been waiting since i saw your post hoping its fantastic news

@mrsthomo oh no sorry to hear youve had a bad af, i hope the rest is doing you well. But its not gonna be an easy pregnancy for me already starting to feel sick and starting to feel faint so probaby within in a week im going to be throwing up n passing out lol

@MrsMs yay a second line mine was slightly darker at day 5 but i had a hatching blasty try first urine tomorrow hopefully the line will be a lot darker but so excited for you

Good luck ladies who are testing or having epu or fet or awaiting news on embryos

6. The Following User Says Thank You to katt1011 For This Useful Post:

mrsthomo  (21-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSMS View Post
    I have always only wanted one child, for us that means that there will still hopefully be embryos left, DH and I have discussed it at great length and have decided that if we can we would like to donate them to someone who needs them, as our first cycle we lost all our embryos on day 3, there looked like we might have been in a place where we needed someone else's help. It would be our way of paying it forward once we received our miracle.

I was not even aware that you could donate your embryo's! Absolutely, 100% I would donate mine if we had excess we didn't need. If this pregnancy works out, we may decide to try for a second child, and if by some miracle our first emby out of our two in the freezer worked, we would most certainly donate the one that's left.

If I did, and the child happened to contact me down the track, I'd be in contact with them if they wanted to, but I can't imagine I'd think of them as "my child". The person who raises a child is their mother. I feel the same about donated eggs - to me, that child is no more the child of the biological egg owner than someone who had received a donated organ would be part of the person who donated the organ.

If I can help someone else with something I no longer need, there'd be no question for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @MrsSMS I can definitely see the line! Hope it looks stronger in the next few days!
    @anulka that is a lovely thing to do, considering donating eggs. We use donor sperm (same sex couple) so our DS has half sibs out there too. One day when he's older I think it would be lovely for him to meet them.

Got all 3 embies to freeze today! Excited 😃😃😃 now to wait and do it all again in July!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flower78 For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (21-04-2016),MrsSMS  (21-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    I was not even aware that you could donate your embryo's! Absolutely, 100% I would donate mine if we had excess we didn't need. If this pregnancy works out, we may decide to try for a second child, and if by some miracle our first emby out of our two in the freezer worked, we would most certainly donate the one that's left.

If I did, and the child happened to contact me down the track, I'd be in contact with them if they wanted to, but I can't imagine I'd think of them as "my child". The person who raises a child is their mother. I feel the same about donated eggs - to me, that child is no more the child of the biological egg owner than someone who had received a donated organ would be part of the person who donated the organ.

If I can help someone else with something I no longer need, there'd be no question for me.
    Well said katt. Although i thought if going through IVF separately and donate all the eggs before they get fertilised ☺
    I like how you compare that to organ donor!

Would you tell your child about the egg donation?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to anulka For This Useful Post:

Sunnysummers  (21-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm feeling so stressed this arvo - called my FS at his other office (where he runs his OB practice from) to see if I needed to book in yet, because I know they get booked out quickly. The receptionist told me he is on holidays when I'm due! (Not a massive surprise I suppose since I'm due Xmas eve). I told her that we had already planned on an elective c-section due to several risk factors so it would be a bit before that date. She said she'd double check with him as to when he's actually away and call me back. She hasn't yet. Apparently the OB he usually works with is also away at the same time!

We chose our FS with the plan to have him as our OB and I've assumed all the way along that was how it was going to be - now it's looking like I won't be able to have him! I want her to call me back so I know whether I need to find someone else. I'd already gone through all of the issues and risk factors with him leading to our c-section decision and now I feel like I'm going to have to go through it all over again with someone else. There's one other OB I'm keen on, but her offices are so far from our house - and of course, she might be heading off for Xmas holidays too! Now I'm doing a stupid amount of panicking that I'm not going to be able to book an OB that I'm comfortable with because they'll ALL be on holidays and at the same time feeling absolutely ridiculous because I'm not even 5 weeks yet and anything could happen. Gah! (No, I'm not a stress head or anything, what gave you that idea? )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by anulka View Post
    Well said katt. Although i thought if going through IVF separately and donate all the eggs before they get fertilised ☺
    I like how you compare that to organ donor!

Would you tell your child about the egg donation?

I don't think I'd bother telling my child about the egg donation - I guess because I just wouldn't see it as them having a brother or sister out there. But I'm not sure - maybe I would when they were an adult, when they could understand, but again, it would be more "Dad and I gave a sperm and egg to a family that struggled to conceive like we did, hopefully they were able to have a baby". But, then again, if that child had never tried to contact me, I wouldn't want our child trying to find them. It wouldn't be right to butt into the other families life if they hadn't shared that info with their child!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

MrsSMS  (21-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well what a poop day. Got the call this morning to say our ET was cancelled as our frozen embryo didn't go so well through the night. So from 12 eggs and 8 embryos we got a big fat 0. Apparently we have to speak to the medical director to discuss the best option moving forward. I guess on the bright side they are trying to find out why and not just say oh well, try again.

Not sure whether to start again next cycle or have a cycle off. If I do next cycle it coincides with me driving up to the GC from Sydney to see my sister. My Aunt will be in the car with me so I will have to jab myself sneakily in a toilet somewhere and play around with eskys or cooler bags which could be awkward.

This is all too hard already. It's been 4 months/cycles and we haven't even been able to try to put an embryo in.

Today is

Sorry this is just a vent and not very supportive to anyone else

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by EWins View Post
    Well what a poop day. Got the call this morning to say our ET was cancelled as our frozen embryo didn't go so well through the night. So from 12 eggs and 8 embryos we got a big fat 0. Apparently we have to speak to the medical director to discuss the best option moving forward. I guess on the bright side they are trying to find out why and not just say oh well, try again.

Not sure whether to start again next cycle or have a cycle off. If I do next cycle it coincides with me driving up to the GC from Sydney to see my sister. My Aunt will be in the car with me so I will have to jab myself sneakily in a toilet somewhere and play around with eskys or cooler bags which could be awkward.

This is all too hard already. It's been 4 months/cycles and we haven't even been able to try to put an embryo in.

Today is

Sorry this is just a vent and not very supportive to anyone else

Oh @EWins that is awful news. I'm so sorry and vent away! I know how disheartened I was after not being able to do a transfer after one cycle, I would be devastated too after 4

I really hope they can find an answer to something new they can try moving forwards. Hugs.