Closed Thread
Page 31 of 176 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity888 View Post
    Woo hoo its a happy sunday for me today. Ducolox drops have worked yippee. Thanks @Bib for that recommendation.

Whats everyone up to today. We are catching up with Bil and Sil and family for lunch... another distraction to make sunday fly by hopefully. Im super nervous about tomorrow's embies but hopefully todays distractions will help.
    Yippee!!! For "movement at the station" Luv!!!😉😁

No news is good news I say!! Am keeping everything crossed/sending loads of babydust & praying up a storm for your 2 lovely embies to be ready & waiting to go into your oven tomorrow!!!😊

Enjoy your family lunch!!😊

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (17-04-2016),Summer  (17-04-2016),winsor  (17-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    I was up until after 3 am doing the last of the 5 loads of washing after DD woke up at 11pm last night & started vomiting!!!😦

Changed the cot bedding once, my bed twice + my doona after the second round of spewing happened plus 2 lots of clothing changes for DD & towels etc from the 2 showers I had to give her + 1 outfit change for me😐

Have managed a smidge over 4 hrs shut eye so will be right for the day as long as I keep tge caffeine coming at a steady rate!!!😁

On the upside...DD has been "vomit free" so far today👍

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (17-04-2016),JulieMalooley  (17-04-2016),Summer  (17-04-2016),winsor  (17-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    Morning @infinity888!! Congrats on some action!!! 🎉 got fingers and toes crossed for ur embies too!

My plans for today are the following!I'm cooking dinner for 10 tonight- started preparing last nite.. Made a Croatian bean soup & an apple crumble.. Today I need to shop for the main course, a chicken balti (tomato based curry basically!), and get cracking with cooking it.. And some obligatory tidying and cleaning of course! At some point I really want to have a run on my treadmill.. All the family visitors and entertaining has put exercise on the back burner- really want to loose a few kg before going on holiday..
    Yummo Luv!!! That all sounds delicious!!!!😊👍

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-04-2016),Summer  (17-04-2016),winsor  (17-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ive got a 1 yr old bday party later this morning good old hubbie should be back soon with a takeaway coffee. Then need to head to a camera place this avo to get pport photos taken for some stupid rule and identity process when buying property now. It came in end of last year apparently. I will try and make my brown rice salad tonight for the week for hubbie and i.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to midnite01 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-04-2016),Blossom74  (17-04-2016),Summer  (17-04-2016),winsor  (17-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    yay for some movement @infinity888. enjoy your family lunch @Charlie74 that meal sounds amazing. you might not need the treadmill today after all the running around. have fun @BlondeinBrisvegas oh no. sorry to hear you both had a rough night. glad DD is feeling better now. keep up those fluids as you are. hope you both get a nap today @midnite01 enjoy your cooking and errands & the bday party. you'll need a rest after all that too

I'm hoping to see some galleries and look at sculptures for class if I can find some amongst the paintings. there's an art precinct I haven't checked out yet in chippendale but have heard good things about. joined the EDA fb page and posted a hi msg. people posted pics of their kids as replies. wasn't expecting that. lucky they're all very cute then work on assignment later on

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-04-2016),Blossom74  (17-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (17-04-2016),Summer  (17-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    @Maxwellsmum, I think my FS is getting me to do a kind of 'little' stim cycle for my next attempt at an FET for that very reason. That it should help with the lining.
    @Summer.. I wish I'd read ur post last nite. I was in the middle of cooking a tuna curry and ended up in tears! Mostly Bcos my mum & sister (neice) had met some friends in a park yesterday arvo and the friends also have babies... Hard to explain but I kind of felt like 'yep, something else I'll probably never do! Mum will never get to be proud of my baby in that same way'.. AF is due tomoro so hormones didn't help! But I ended up saying to DP, I hate feeling like I'm envious of people for 'normal things'. I even avoided going to my folks place last nite Bcos my sisters pregnant friend was going to visit. And that made me feel worse, Bcos I knew I was being avoidant.

Ahhhh... If nothing else at least we all know we aren't the only ones feeling this way.. It can make you feel like such a weirdo. Hugs honey X
    Thanks @Charlie74 it is really hard when these things come up and are right in our face. Most of the time I'm pretty good with it, but some days are a bit hard to take. Even last night I was at a family dinner and there were five kids including DSS and I realised then that the youngest cousin was nearly six, so by the time we have a family the other kids will be grown up and ours won't have cousins to play with, and that makes me really sad too... So many things that make it that much more difficult. I'm sure you'll get there in the end hon, there will be a way and I know you'll find it

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-04-2016),Blossom74  (17-04-2016),Charlie74  (17-04-2016),winsor  (17-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

I just caught up on several pages, geez this thread moves quickly at times! I haven't chimed in because I haven't cycled for so long that I'm not up with all the meds! Everyone sounds like they're on a plan and moving forward so that's great. :-)

@Tahli it's all coming together! How awesome that you found that lovely donor to gift you her embies, such a generous thing to do. I would have a heart attack transferring three, I'll only ever do one if I get to that point, I'd be terrified they'd all take, lol but it sounds like you've thought it all through and know the odds, so it's all good

@winsor when I chose my SA donor (who is now doing a cycle with someone else) I did pick someone with the same blood type as me as well as the same characteristics, so I did think of it, but it wasn't a crucial thing. I was talking to a very good counselor-type lady a little while ago about the DE thing and she said that every kid, no matter how perfect their parents, they still have issues. It just comes with the territory, so she said not to worry too much about having an anonymous donor versus a known donor, and trying to predict future issues as you never know how someone is going to react, so just be as honest as you can and loving and deal with anything as it arises knowing you did your best.

@infinity888 glad you're keeping yourself busy this weekend, I have everything crossed for you for tomorrow!

AFM I had a talk to DH and I'm calling my FS in the morning and will start a stim cycle this week if he agrees!! AHHHHHH!!! I can't handle doing nothing and I did want to see if a low dose, minimal meds cycle would have a different effect, so I guess I'll know in a couple of weeks if I respond or not. AF is due Tuesday or Wednesday, so I could be stimming as early as Thursday this week

If, and it's a big if, I get to EPU we would do PGD and freeze all unless there was one that wasn't good enough to be frozen and I'd transfer that one straight away. Then if we did happen to end up with one or two embies, then I could go ahead with the hysteroscopy and scratch and flush and get really ready for a transfer. But my hopes aren't high as I've never had more than one follie, so it's a long shot.

While I'm at my FS I'll talk to him about getting the DE program underway with my friend and see what the timeline for that would be, and I'll find my big girl pants and find the guts to ask my friend outright if she'll do a June cycle for me. I'll know within two weeks if I have anything to go on with in regards to my OE, and if not, then I'll go straight into DE with my friend if she agrees. If not then, its DE in SA in August. That's a plan!

On another note, at DSSs sports yesterday his Mum turned up to watch him play, and latched onto me. We've hardly said more than a few sentences to each other in the four years that DH and I have been together, so it was really weird, especially seeing as we head to court next week and it seems to all be very nasty...

So, she didn't come across as the person that she appears to be in her court documents. She was hesitant, nervous, seemed almost a little simple, she didn't look good - unbrushed hair, no makeup, very tired - quite vague to where I wondered if she'd taken some meds, and she wanted to talk about things like uniforms for school, and whether I think DSS would handle week about and the phone calls (she can call up to five times a day when he's with us) - she didn't come across as sneaky or mean or anything other than a sad, confused lady. DH walked away as he can't stand to be near her at the moment (normally he's really civil and polite). Of course I didn't say anything even slightly that could be used in court, (she didn't appear to be fishing for stuff she could use) but she appeared pretty genuine. And she said how hard it was for her to talk to me, but she thought it was best for DSS and it was easier to sort things through if we can talk, rather than through email and text.

I said to DH later that I can't put the two people together, the one she appears to be and the one in her court case. DH agreed - last weekend they had a very good conversation and agreed to finalise the care arrangements for DSS, so we submitted the documents that they'd both agreed on to her lawyer, and then instead of accepting it, they send back more changes, and petty ones, which forced us to then head to trial. I wonder if she is being totally manipulated by her lawyer to drive up $$$ for the firm? The way she appeared yesterday it seems like it would be no problem to resolve this easily, and that's what DH thought last weekend...

Either she's completely bonkers and flips from one state to another, or she is being totally played by her lawyer. I feel pretty sorry for her, the state she was in... Bugger this court stuff...
    Last edited by Summer; 17-04-2016 at 11:48.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-04-2016),Blossom74  (17-04-2016),Countrygirl72  (21-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (17-04-2016),JulieMalooley  (17-04-2016),winsor  (17-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks @Summer. that does sound strange then - maybe it is her lawyer or someone else pushing the court case. or perhaps she panics when alone and gets more stressed but can hold it together a bit in person. maybe she had to have something to keep calm when seeing you both in public? I know I'd feel really stressed/anxious in that scenario (I have felt it seeing one of DP's exes and I'm with him. it's an irrational feeling at the time)

thanks for sharing your counselor's views too. we still have SA as a plan b if nothing happens with an Aus donor, though my preference would be so the child could contact in future. I do like the SA option though as there'd definitely be no contact whilst they're growing up which I'm tending towards

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-04-2016),Blossom74  (17-04-2016),faithandhopellove  (17-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    thanks @Summer. that does sound strange then - maybe it is her lawyer or someone else pushing the court case. or perhaps she panics when alone and gets more stressed but can hold it together a bit in person. maybe she had to have something to keep calm when seeing you both in public? I know I'd feel really stressed/anxious in that scenario (I have felt it seeing one of DP's exes and I'm with him. it's an irrational feeling at the time)

thanks for sharing your counselor's views too. we still have SA as a plan b if nothing happens with an Aus donor, though my preference would be so the child could contact in future. I do like the SA option though as there'd definitely be no contact whilst they're growing up which I'm tending towards
    Totally, I get the stress thing, I was shaking like a leaf after she left, so I can imagine she was a bit the same. It is very strange.

Our first preference was for a known donor too, but if my friend doesn't say yes, then we will do SA & hope that the laws do change to allow contact at 18 years old. I like @Tahli's idea of half siblings as that would give a child another anchor, so if we do go to SA I will look into that side of it a bit more & possibly do a share cycle.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (17-04-2016),Blossom74  (17-04-2016),winsor  (17-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Hi everyone

I just caught up on several pages, geez this thread moves quickly at times! I haven't chimed in because I haven't cycled for so long that I'm not up with all the meds! Everyone sounds like they're on a plan and moving forward so that's great. :-)

@Tahli it's all coming together! How awesome that you found that lovely donor to gift you her embies, such a generous thing to do. I would have a heart attack transferring three, I'll only ever do one if I get to that point, I'd be terrified they'd all take, lol but it sounds like you've thought it all through and know the odds, so it's all good

@winsor when I chose my SA donor (who is now doing a cycle with someone else) I did pick someone with the same blood type as me as well as the same characteristics, so I did think of it, but it wasn't a crucial thing. I was talking to a very good counselor-type lady a little while ago about the DE thing and she said that every kid, no matter how perfect their parents, they still have issues. It just comes with the territory, so she said not to worry too much about having an anonymous donor versus a known donor, and trying to predict future issues as you never know how someone is going to react, so just be as honest as you can and loving and deal with anything as it arises knowing you did your best.

@infinity888 glad you're keeping yourself busy this weekend, I have everything crossed for you for tomorrow!

AFM I had a talk to DH and I'm calling my FS in the morning and will start a stim cycle this week if he agrees!! AHHHHHH!!! I can't handle doing nothing and I did want to see if a low dose, minimal meds cycle would have a different effect, so I guess I'll know in a couple of weeks if I respond or not. AF is due Tuesday or Wednesday, so I could be stimming as early as Thursday this week

If, and it's a big if, I get to EPU we would do PGD and freeze all unless there was one that wasn't good enough to be frozen and I'd transfer that one straight away. Then if we did happen to end up with one or two embies, then I could go ahead with the hysteroscopy and scratch and flush and get really ready for a transfer. But my hopes aren't high as I've never had more than one follie, so it's a long shot.

While I'm at my FS I'll talk to him about getting the DE program underway with my friend and see what the timeline for that would be, and I'll find my big girl pants and find the guts to ask my friend outright if she'll do a June cycle for me. I'll know within two weeks if I have anything to go on with in regards to my OE, and if not, then I'll go straight into DE with my friend if she agrees. If not then, its DE in SA in August. That's a plan!

On another note, at DSSs sports yesterday his Mum turned up to watch him play, and latched onto me. We've hardly said more than a few sentences to each other in the four years that DH and I have been together, so it was really weird, especially seeing as we head to court next week and it seems to all be very nasty...

So, she didn't come across as the person that she appears to be in her court documents. She was hesitant, nervous, seemed almost a little simple, she didn't look good - unbrushed hair, no makeup, very tired - quite vague to where I wondered if she'd taken some meds, and she wanted to talk about things like uniforms for school, and whether I think DSS would handle week about and the phone calls (she can call up to five times a day when he's with us) - she didn't come across as sneaky or mean or anything other than a sad, confused lady. DH walked away as he can't stand to be near her at the moment (normally he's really civil and polite). Of course I didn't say anything even slightly that could be used in court, (she didn't appear to be fishing for stuff she could use) but she appeared pretty genuine. And she said how hard it was for her to talk to me, but she thought it was best for DSS and it was easier to sort things through if we can talk, rather than through email and text.

I said to DH later that I can't put the two people together, the one she appears to be and the one in her court case. DH agreed - last weekend they had a very good conversation and agreed to finalise the care arrangements for DSS, so we submitted the documents that they'd both agreed on to her lawyer, and then instead of accepting it, they send back more changes, and petty ones, which forced us to then head to trial. I wonder if she is being totally manipulated by her lawyer to drive up $$$ for the firm? The way she appeared yesterday it seems like it would be no problem to resolve this easily, and that's what DH thought last weekend...

Either she's completely bonkers and flips from one state to another, or she is being totally played by her lawyer. I feel pretty sorry for her, the state she was in... Bugger this court stuff...
    Nope....I don't buy it Luv I'm sorry.

It's either all an act designed to make you feel sorry for her so she can manipulate you/DH/situation or she has a genuine mental health issue like borderline personality disorder or bipolar etc going on IMO.

I don't trust her/ her motives as far as I could throw her. Be on your guard Luv!!!

P.S..Great news about doing a last OE Cycle😊👍

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (17-04-2016),Summer  (17-04-2016),winsor  (17-04-2016)