My HCG is over 17,000 today. I am 6weeks and 4 days along. Does anyone know if this is ok? Dr Google is confusing.
What would you do? If there are two day 5 and one is ready to be biopsied but one not do you do one and grow the other out to day 6 and hope it can be biopsied then?
If there is only one day 5 and it's not ready to be biopsied do you grow it out to day 6 and hope it can be biopsied and if not freeze it?
Do you not bother with Pgd and just freeze whatever has made it to day 5?
I'm so nervous about the call today and have deliberated for a few days but still can't work out what to do.
I'm fearful that if I just freeze another untested day 5 or 6 I'll just get a bfn anyway.
If your plan was to PGD then I would try whatever it took to achieve that, so if they arent ready today then I would grow them out til tomorrow and see what happens. Worst case if they cant do it tomorrow then just freeze them. Theres no harm in growing them out another day (assuming this is the advice of the Scientist)
See what they have to say, since you cant have a transfer anyway you might as well push it out as far as you can in order to PGD as that was your original plan. And if they don't get to the stage they need to be to be tested then just freeze and do a couple of FETs and hope for the best.
HTH - but again, hear what the scientist thinks too
If neither are ready then you could either grow them out another day & see what happens or put them straight in the freezer.
Can you speak to an Embryologist??? They'll be able to guide you in the direction they think will be best for your embies Luv.
Caesardust - if one is ready at day 5 I'd biopsy it and wait for the other til day 6. If it still can't be biopsied on day 6 it can be frozen if it meets the clinic guidelines. I've done this on a couple of my cycles.
the difficult question is if you have only one day 5 that's isn't ready and do you grow it to day 6 - I say yes because growing to day 6 is common now and you can still freeze on day 6 if it can't be biopsied. If it stops growing between day 5 and 6 it likely wouldn't have kept going anyway. I had 10 from 12 in my last cycle that stopped growing between day 5 and 6 but they were a bit behind on day 5 to begin with and some were morulas the best being early blasts.
If you are committed to PGD I wouldn't be swayed by grading - that's just my view - as I had two tested abnormal which were AB's and even my FS was optimistic about them but appearances aren't everything unfortunately.
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!