+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh my gosh, don't change a thing. Just enjoy it!
    What I would give for my 4 month old to sleep through the night!!!! I took her over to my neighbours tonight briefly for her to sign something for me, and her mum was like "is she still up?". Yes and she will be for ages. I wish people would keep their thoughts to themselves!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You are doing amazingly! Don't change a thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Keep doing what you're doing. It sounds perfect to me!!

My DD was a routine baby, I didn't enforce it though, she just fell into it at about 6mo on her own. DS didn't have much of a routine until he dropped down to one day sleep some time after he turned 1. The best thing is to find what works for you and your baby, and it sounds like you've done that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know how on earth a "friend" could possibly know your baby any better than you do.

It sounds like you're in a great routine so I wouldn't change a thing either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha ha what a knob your friend is. I guess she wanted you to struggle but when you didn't she decided to act like you were.

I don't think babies need a routine before 6m. But what you're doing sounds great and the fact she's sleeping so well is AMAZING!!

Like a previous poster I let people guilt me about my baby sleeping on me, but now I wish I could go back and just enjoy it. You can only do that with your first 😊.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (14-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Reading your posts it's unclear what you think the problem is?

Clearly she has no trouble sleeping so that's not it. As for too much sleep - has your paediatrician suggested this or is it you can't get enough formula into her?

If she is gaining weight, otherwise healthy, don't change a thing. If there are issues with her not feeding often enough, get advice from your paediatrician, not some friend that thinks she knows best. She doesn't.

I think the other posters have covered the routine thing. Not necessary at this age (or any age if you don't want to use one). Babies are individuals, not robots.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with PPs. Unless there is an issue with weight gain and a doctor advises you to wake and feed I honestly would leave it and enjoy the sleep ins whilst you can!
    They are always changing so just because bub sleeps in now doesn't mean she'll be stuck in that routine.
    Fwiw dd1 was a late to bed/late to rise until 13 months and then she switched to 5am wake ups and therefore an early bed
    Dd2 has no choice in the matter really with the noise and carry ons early in the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your friend sounds like a *********

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    If bub was catnapping and waking heaps at night I'd agree with your friend, however if your Bub is sleeping through, what planet is she on! What you're doing is working for you and Bub so keep it up.

What part of how things are working for you did your friend think was a problem? I also think maybe she was jealous her child wasn't sleeping in that late.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (14-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you for your replies.. At the moment this works for me while I am mat leave. She is gaining weight and happy so Ill leave sleeping babies lie..
    The other morning, she woke up at 4:30 am, a day later 7:30 am. Most of the time its 8 am. Which is fine as I get a time in the morning, to have a shower do some house work and have breakfast.

This time wont last forever, so we will enjoy it while I can..

Also abit of back ground of the "friend" she has 5 kids of her own, so is a self proclaimed expert on everything. She is a wealth of info yes, but not always..

Last edited by francesthecat; 20-04-2016 at 16:43.