+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 15 week old routine advice

Ive been recently told by a "friend" that my baby is not in a routine and this is why she has been sleeping late.. And things would be so much easier if we had a better routine that I need to stick to.. I said I wont wake her up just because, if we dont have to go out etc.

Background is baby born small, spent some time in NICU and SCN for feeding issue and Jaundice. Birth weight 5 pound 10 ounces..
    She has been gaining weight and growing well, she is now 4.750 Kilos and just into 3 O clothes. She has 5 feeds a day of 150 ml sometimes less formula feed baby. She is not on percentile charts for height or weight..

We start the day when she wakes up... If we dont have anywhere to go..
    If its an early wake up, its back to bed until at least 8 am...
    Lately she has been sleeping until 9.30 am or today 8:15 am
    We do the eat, play sleep routine.. She has no set bed time, as I cant let her miss a feed so sometimes its 10.30 she is having her last bottle..
    She has a bath in the evening around 6 pm as a playtime thing... She loves her bath.. Her last sleep of the day is reduced now for about 1 hour.
    She sleeps through the night, she dropped the night feed at around 8 weeks old.. I tried to feed her and she did not want it, and was cranky for being woken up..

What should I be doing with her ?? Do you wake babies up because they are sleeping too late..

thank you and sorry for the essay..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds fine to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wouldn't do anything with a baby that sleeps through the night as well as sleeps in! Back away and leave the baby be lol

Sounds perfectly fine. If it works for you why change!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I wouldn't change a thing. I would enjoy while it lasts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    "Sleeps too late" for who????

My kids sleep 7-7 and are on a routine but I do this because it works for them. It works for all of us. If I am unhappy with anything then I look for solutions but I dont look for problems that don't exist. If you said "I want my baby to go to bed earlier in the evening. What should I do?" Having bub wake at a set time might be part of the advice given but I would never just wake my kids up earlier in the morning cos some friend of mine gets up earlier. Seriously don't you just LOVE unsolicited advice!?!?!? Not

Sounds to me like you are doing awesome. Pat yourself on the back and keep going. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would not change anything at that age if what is going on is working.

Things change with babies all the time anyway so she will probably be in a different routine in a month or two anyway.

Ignore that 'advice'. You're doing well.

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I would rather stab my eyes out with a rusty fork than wake a sleeping baby

Eta - sounds like all is well to me! It may not last like this forever so I would just enjoy while it lasts, sounds like you are both doing an awesome job!
    Last edited by Mod-biscotti; 13-04-2016 at 18:44.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

Adoralicious  (13-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry, did you say she sleeps through the night? ..... Clearly everything you are doing is working very well for you both.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If we don't have any reason to go out, I *still* don't wake 4yo dd or 18mth ds! They slept until 8 & 8:20am this morning, there's nothing wrong with getting up late if that's what suits you. I certainly would never have woken then 'just because'.

Enjoy either a lie in or quiet time to get things done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dont you hate "friends" like that. My "friend" like that is my husband's cousin. When my DD was 4 months old she sent me an email outlining all the things I was doing wrong. Apparently DD was clingy because I held her too much, she didnt sleep through the night yet because I "allowed" her to breastfeed when I should have wrapped her back up and popped her back to bed without a feed (she would soon stop waking if i did this). I was also creating awful habits for my baby by letting her fall asleep in my arms. I actually took some of this advice to heart and spent an awful week "making" my baby fall asleep in her cot. I regret now letting her get to me, because my DD was MY child, not hers, and I really shouldnt have let her comments get to me (easy to say now, but as a first time Mum, I honestly thought I was doing something wrong).

If you and your bub are happy and contented with the way things are, then honestly, smile nicely at your friend, thank her for her advice, and then promptly ignore it.