+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What about using a thin knee length bathrobe to cover yourself?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Gym shower etiquette

No one walks around naked at my gym! Not sure if this is because they are all young uni students?

We have benches and 3 hooks in ours tho. I go straight into the shower in the locker room in my gym gear with my bag, I very quickly get undressed then have a shower, I don't wash my hair or anything just my body. Then I get out, and chuck on my underwear, singlet and skirt.

Takes me about 5 mins, I'm probably quicker than most others. I finish getting dressed in the changing room. Some girls do come out only in their underwear or towel.

There's no way I'm walking around naked!

Edit to add: I've never seen a line for the showers at the gym, there's always empty ones, there's a heap of showers ☺️
    Last edited by Thescientist; 14-04-2016 at 11:17.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If you're uncomfortable you can always take your underwear in, change into that then put the towel around you and then put the rest of your clothes on under your towel at the lockers. I think it's poor form to take longer than you need to in the showers unless it's a very quiet change room. It's inconsiderate. And if everything you've read online suggests the etiquette is to get changed out of the showers, then some people will definitely get annoyed at you for changing in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    I would- not because you were doing that, but because I potentially have to wait much longer to get a shower when I too have to go to work.
    This. I used to use the gym at work during lunch and it drove me crazy waiting for showers only to watch women walk out fully dressed.

I don't notice a soul when I'm changing. I doubt anyone is looking.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

DT75  (13-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our pool only has 2 showers, it bugs me no end when women shower then get dressed in the cubicle. Often swimming lessons have just finished so up to 20 mums/kids are needing to get showered. It's just rude to get fully dressed in the cubicle when it's so busy.
    So I would advise you to use your discretion depending on how busy the change rooms are.
    Busy = quick shower, walk back to the main change room in your towel, master the art of getting changed with your towel around you if you are shy ( I went to boarding school so am old hat at the changing under the towel trick!)
    Not busy: feel free to get changed in the cubicle. Hang your stuff over the door - even if there's a bench it's usually wet so you're better off hanging stuff anyway!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep i do as degrasi says. Also use a eorn item if clithig to stand on when I put my socks and jocks and pants on. Hate wet socks

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I used to go to the gym, I would undress at the locker, wrap a towel around me, put thongs (flip flops) on, grab my shampoo and go have a shower. When I was done in the shower I dried myself in the shower, wrapped my towel back around myself and walk back to the locker to get dressed.

I've got no issue with being naked in the change rooms, and once I'm back at the locker I don't try to 'hide' under my towel, but there's no way I'm walking all the way from the locker to the shower and back, buck naked. I feel it's a bit more decent to at least wrap my towel around myself for the walk. Each to their own though, if others do it I probably wouldn't batt an eyelid.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    Go into the shower cubicle fully clothed with:

Your towel
    An empty bag to put your gym clothes in
    A bag containing your clean clothes

Hang all three of them on the hook so you can undress/dress in the privacy of the shower cubicle.

Would this work?
    This

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would just take my underwear in if it's a busy change room. I think it's inconsiderate to take too long getting changed in the showers, especially at that time of day.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Barnaby For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (14-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The pool where I have swimming lessons with my kids only has 4 open showers in the changing room facing each other. Very annoying for mums who have to hop in with their kids! (Actually a side pet hate is people shampooing their kids hair while people are waiting....).

I just get changed in front of everyone. I don't enjoy it but it doesn't bother me.