+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I want my tubes tied - What do I need to know???

Hi,

I am thinking of having my tubes tied. Can anyone tell me the downside? We don't want any more kids and the pill either makes me sick or fat.

Does having your tubes tied make you put on weight? Did you experience any issues?

Thanks in advance
    Ash

Thanks
    Reviews
    Often people end up back on contraceptives in their 40s to help with menopause , so for some it seems pointless to bother with permanent contraception. But if u can't take them I guess. ...The mirena would be an alternative option since its low dose and only acts locally on uterus . As far as wt gain, tubes tied will not cause u Wt gain as ur hormones are totally the same, just the sperm and egg can't meet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I want my tubes tied - What do I need to know???

Look up tubal ligation syndrome, we have decided on a vasectomy for dp as there are far less possible side effects and it's less invasive over all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Get hubby to have the snip - a much less invasive procedure

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had my tubes tied 4 years ago and it reversed 1 year ago.
    Was the worst experience for me. I had a huge amount of weight gain, my periods went from short and light to heavy (10 days) and long with spotting in between. I ended up having to try the different pills to help with it, nothing worked but now that I've had the reversal, everything's gone back to normal again.
    Really do your research, weigh up between you having the ligation against hubby having a vasectomy.