+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Vitex.

Hi, I haven't posted anything in a very long time. I just needed help with using vitex. I've read a lot of stuff about it but I just wanted to ask does anyone know if I'm able to start taking after AF has stopped? Or do I have to wait till my next AF and start from that day?
    Also has anyone started taking it after having marina out? How long did it take for you to conceive?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've always just started taking it from the day I bought it, regardless of cd.

I've now stopped taking it though, as it makes my af so heavy with such bad clots, however, it does help regulate my cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    You can start taking it now. What are you wanting to use it for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wanna start using it try conceive. I got my mirena out 6 months ago and only had it in for 3 months. My partner and I started trying as soon as I took it out and nothing has happened. My period has been irregular as well. I don't think I'm ovulating. When I fell pregnant with my son it happened the first month of trying so this whole thing is kinda getting me down. I know people try for a lot longer but I just wasn't expecting it to take this long at all.. I thinks that's why I'm so down about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Id start tracking your cycle with basal body thermometer. Vitex "can" mess your cycle up but if it's not regular anyway it's worth a shot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ^^^^ I second this, track ur cycle with a basal thermometer to confirm ovulation. It may just be taking your body a few cycles to regulate after coming off the contraception?

As for when to start vitex, start whenever, I have done it the day I bought it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for the replies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I took vitex from when I bought it, I think about CD 7 (a week before ovulation) and fell pregnant that first cycle. I am still taking it now at 8 weeks pregnant, on the advice of my naturopath (I have had a previous miscarriage and helping to boost progesterone can't hurt).

My cycles were ok previously, I was ovulating but had an issue with short luteal phase (the phase between ov and period starting). Mine went for about 7 days prior the vitex.

Good luck! It worked so well for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I took Vitex from the day I bought it. Think it was cycle day 2-3. Took it through til ovulation and fell pregnant that month after 18 months of trying.