Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    He's not abusing the social system by getting child support from you. That's how it is supposed to work.

Sorry but as a child of an absent parent - get out of her life for good unless you want to develop a genuine relationship for reasons beyond reducing your CS payments, which it doesn't really sound like.

Give her the chance to recover from rejection and maybe someone will come into her life who wants to be a mum to her.

I'm forever thankful my bio father decided to f**k off entirely instead of flit in and out of my life.

If you do want to, I strongly suggest counselling for you.

I'm sorry for the circumstances which put you in this position but ultimately you do have a child now and it actually makes my heart hurt hearing that she tries hard to make you like her

That's not a burden a child should have to bear.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (11-04-2016),witherwings  (11-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    Troll?
    Yep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Yep.
    I'm on my ph and don't know how to report

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to agree with the previous posters and @HillDweller.

It doesn't sound like you want to bond with her. Your ex is not forcing you to spend time with your child - you admit that you only offered to do this to reduce your child support payments. If you don't want to do this then walk away. It sounds like that might be the best option for now, for you and for your daugher.
    Bonding is not going to happen by magic and unless and until you put some serious effort into forming a healthy relationship and WANTING to be a decent mother then it won't happen.
    I think your issues about this child cannot be resolved on this forum and it would be in your best interests to seek some psychological support to work through the issues you have.If you aren't willing to work on this then I think for now your daughter would be better off staying with her dad full-time. A major red flag is where you said "she's trying to make us like her" - this poor child has done nothing to deserve your attitude towards her and of course she wants you to like her you are her mother. Please seek some professional help if you want to build a relationship with her, you are seriously risking damaging her.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (11-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Every child deserves to be loved and well looked after.
    It takes two people to have a baby and you dont seem to take any responsibility for your part in it.
    If you are not interested in counselling to help you with strategies to bond with your daughter then I would say walk away as the attitude you have now will not do her any good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I'm not sure this is the right forum for you.

So you only have her 2 days a fortnight to reduce your child support payments?
    You resent having to spend money on her? Yikes. You will never bond with your daughter if you continue to think from this perspective.

If you were writing this about an ex feeling this way they would (rightly) be crucified.

I'm struggling to even put into words how this post made me feel and I'm trying very hard to be polite.

I feel very very sorry for your daughter and I hope for her sake your attitude can change.
    playing devils advocate here but I think the OP has been very brave and gone out on a limb by being so open and honest. it takes balls to admit sh.t like that.

OP do you feel any kind of emotion or nice feelings towards her? I get that you didn't want to become a mum and feel you were manipulated into a situation you didn't want to be a part of (but you could've/should've stood up and been a bit more vocal in the past but that's the past and it's too late to change it now).

ok so you don't see yourself as a "mother". but this child isn't going anywhere and quite frankly, you got yourself into this pickle by being too compliant years ago, so you're going to have to suck it up and make a go of this mothering gig. 2 days a fortnight is a pretty small commitment but probably feels like a huge commitment if you're not into it.

do you want to bond with your daughter or not? consenting to seeing her for the time per fortnight that you do in order to save yourself child support is very cold. I think if she ever learned this fact, she'd be devastated.

you need to make more of an effort really. you're her mum. stop looking at the situation as a burden and grow up and accept the consequences of your decisions. it was ultimately your own actions that led you here so it's up to you to make the best of it. it's unfair that your daughter should suffer because you were too compliant all those years ago to speak up and put your needs first.

you need to change your perspective and learn to find joy in the mundane. you have your preferred life the other 12 days each fortnight, for 2 days you need to put on the mum hat and do your best to make that kid feel special. you may find as she gets older your relationship will change and as an older kid/young adult, she needs less of a mum figure and you can be more of a friend. however if you don't try now, you'll never get to that point, which I think is sad. she's not going to be a young kid forever.

I'm not sure what I'm trying to say but well done for being honest but I think you need to set your feelings aside now as there's a kid who's counting on you. give it your all 2 days every fortnight, who knows, it may grow on you. you do need to stop focusing on what an imposition she is though.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (11-04-2016),BettyW  (11-04-2016),PomPoms  (11-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG I feel for your poor child, she will be feeling the resentment I'm sure, how sad for her! You got yourself into the mess your in, deal with it instead of feeling sorry for yourself. At least try for the sake of your daughter.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Unable to bond with my 5yo daughter

You don't sound like you want a relationship with her at all. The whole post was filled with selfish 'me me me' comments.

Sorry but if you are only taking care of her for the money, just give her back to her father/Inlaws - pay the money and let this be the only decent motherly act you do for her.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh but you have posted this in the wrong forum if you were looking for sympathy and I'm sorry the fact you seem to profess your love of cats and dogs before your own child does not change my opinion of this situation.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    This truly is the wrong place to be posting this. There are many women on here who would give anything to have a child to care for. For the sake of your child you shouldn't be a part of her life, you sound incredibly selfish and your child is better off without you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Gosh this makes me so sad...