+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Personally I would wait I think sometimes we think up symptoms in our head, cause we want it so bad. CD 19 you wouldn't have even implanted yet so until then the pregnancy hormone isn't released into the body to show up in a pregnancy test. Wait until your period is overdue then take a test.. To avoid unnecessary disappointment!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lizzy083 For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (15-04-2016),kylez83  (15-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kylez83 View Post
    Oh yes I used maca powder about a year ago to help with my anxiety before we decided to TTC, I then found isagenix and their ionix supreme which has adaptogens which really helped with the anxiety so much, but I've since read that it's not safe to take this while TTC or pregnant, plus I've found while taking the elevit I couldn't take the isagenix as combined there was too much iron and it affected my bowel. I think I will go back to maca powder too, great idea!

How old is your partner / husband? Mine is 39. I think after 6 months if we don't get anywhere we will seek fertility advice. I've been told to wait a year but like you I would like to know sooner rather than later! I don't think we have the time to wait 12 months at this age. Please let me know how you go
    My partner is 36 in June. Has two teenagers, who live with us. None of our own together yet..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lizzy083 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (15-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy083 View Post
    Personally I would wait I think sometimes we think up symptoms in our head, cause we want it so bad. CD 19 you wouldn't have even implanted yet so until then the pregnancy hormone isn't released into the body to show up in a pregnancy test. Wait until your period is overdue then take a test.. To avoid unnecessary disappointment!
    Thanks, guess my man was onto something with suggesting the same thing

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kylez83 For This Useful Post:

Lizzy083  (15-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy083 View Post
    My partner is 36 in June. Has two teenagers, who live with us. None of our own together yet..
    Hopefully you will soon have some of your own together

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kylez83 For This Useful Post:

Lizzy083  (15-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Rocky27 what did you do when it said positive though? Did you pretend you didn't know? I'm a terrible liar so I'd get busted lol
    Totally told him straight away haha....it did take us a long time to finally get a positive though no hiding any positive tests for me, I was waaaay too excited!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry just a few more questions;

Did you let your family know you were TTC? Experiences on each? We decided not to tell because didn't want 20 questions all the time but now I'm finding some comments and actions upsetting because people don't know and don't know to be a bit more sensitive. I'm starting to wonder if it's best to let family know at least?

Also how on earth do you start a new topic in the bib hub app and easily find topics you have been commenting on?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh just figured out how to use the app..... Seems I've been too busy to take 5 to flick through all the tabs 😕

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry just a few more questions;

Did you let your family know you were TTC? Experiences on each? We decided not to tell because didn't want 20 questions all the time but now I'm finding some comments and actions upsetting because people don't know and don't know to be a bit more sensitive. I'm starting to wonder if it's best to let family know at least?

Also how on earth do you start a new topic in the bib hub app and easily find topics you have been commenting on?

Thanks!

We told family and close friends we were TTC and they all know we're doing IVF - including both our work places. I've found its been much better that way - less likely for people to say upsetting things (it still happens, but at least I know those people are insensitive jerks, not just that they had no idea what we're going through lol).

I think it depends on your family and friends though. We knew all of ours would be supportive and unlikely to interfere with constant questions. We get "how is everything going?" And "where are you guys up to with your IVF at the moment?" but those questions don't bother me, I know they're coming from a place of the person caring about us and being genuinely interested.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (17-04-2016),kylez83  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So I don't want to be too excited but I'm now on day 19, a week since ovulation and I'm feeling really nauseous. It started last night while asleep and I wasn't sure if it was something I ate but I still have it today. I did some googling and found that it can be about this time of the cycle that one can start feeling symptoms. I'm also super tired. I find it hard to believe we would be "lucky" enough to conceive first try, but I'm sure I haven't felt sick like this before. Wondering about the placebo effect though... Am I creating this feeling for want of it.... Have any of you experienced this too?

My partner doesn't want us doing pregnancy tests until I've missed my period as he thinks it will create too much ups and downs. What's your thoughts?
    I thought I'd share my story from when I was ttc DD.
    The first month we were trying, I had every symptom under the sun, and was sure I was pregnant - AF arrived right on time

The next month, different symptoms, sure I was pregnant - AF arrived right on time

This went on for months and months.

Cycle 9, no symptoms at all, sure I'm not pregnant, and I got my BFP!

We are now ttc #2. Our families know we are trying. It stops the questions about when we are having another one.

And I do tests during the tww. I try to get to 10 dpo before I test, but I usually cave in around 8 or 9 dpo, with the expectation that it's too early to test and will be negative.

If at all possible, try to keep busy and try not to read into any possible symptoms.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

kylez83  (18-04-2016),Lizzy083  (17-04-2016)