Closed Thread
Page 88 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    There was a play date/BBQ organised for the kids at my library group that I was not privy to as I wasn't on Facebook. Not the first time I've missed out on being invited as I've been forgotten.
    can you just have an account that you use solely for school communications? like there's no obligation to post personal updates or share pics etc is there?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    ok for those ladies that said just buy the stuff I like...I'm talking about dresses you'd wear to like a cocktail party
    I saw this really cool black lacy/mesh number (think the kind Kim kardashian wears with black underwear underneath). that's hardly appropriate for Coles

I just feel like life is passing me by and I'm missing out on nice clothes opportunities. the braided jumper id buy and wear with jeans. I'm not talking about walking around dressed in trackies and feeling like a nice sweater is "too dressy". I mean actual dressy dresses etc.

how do you resolve this conflict? I feel sad when I see nice things and realizing I've no occasion to wear this stuff too. we don't even go to weddings anymore, everyone is already married!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    You move to the next stage of your life and find other reasons to dress up. But you also accept while you are in the stage of raising a young family your opportunities to get really dressed up are probably more limited.

I know many people who volunteer on boards and fundraise for charities who are always going to dinners and balls. They go out heaps. We have a lot on for DH's work that we go to as well.

It's probably also an age thing as your friends also move into family stage of their lives.

I've learned what feels like forever is really only a few years.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    you're right. I'm only 3 months in and I feel like I'm spending my entire life in either daggy trackies or leggings etc. I bought some cool printed bonds trackies and that felt a bit fancy. I mean far out.

I think once I'm back at work it'll be easier. being stuck at home with no real reason to dress up, put on makeup etc is doing my head in.

also now my ppl is finished and I'm not on an income, I feel bad spending money on clothes. my freelance work generates a bit of income so I'll work on ramping that up now my ppl is over. can be my clothing allowance/pocket money

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    How do you manage make up with the tiny T. rex arms? Ok I'm sorry, I will stop! I couldn't resist. X

I'm am sad, my parents dog who has been in our lives for many passed away. Loved that dog like crazy.
    I just laughed my head off!! It sure is hard with my tiny arms, I use extra long makeup brushes!!

Sorry about your dog😞

6. The Following User Says Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

Olive Oil  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    a teeny bit less stressed about my crap financial situation - my landlord owns a holiday house across the road that he is staying at right now & I was talking to him just before. He knows that I have been unwell & in hospital as the bathroom was renovated while my parents were in the house looking after DS so has told me as long as the rent is not in arrears he doesn't mind for the next 6 weeks or so if it isn't paid a month in advance - much more reasonable than the agent was when I have spoken to them.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pointless1 For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (13-06-2016),Tiny Dancer  (13-06-2016),turquoisecoast  (13-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    a teeny bit less stressed about my crap financial situation - my landlord owns a holiday house across the road that he is staying at right now & I was talking to him just before. He knows that I have been unwell & in hospital as the bathroom was renovated while my parents were in the house looking after DS so has told me as long as the rent is not in arrears he doesn't mind for the next 6 weeks or so if it isn't paid a month in advance - much more reasonable than the agent was when I have spoken to them.
    I'm glad the owner is being reasonable! I hope it gives you a bit more breathing room.

I am cuddled up with dd on the couch, letting her watch tv because she's not feeling well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    you're right. I'm only 3 months in and I feel like I'm spending my entire life in either daggy trackies or leggings etc. I bought some cool printed bonds trackies and that felt a bit fancy. I mean far out.

I think once I'm back at work it'll be easier. being stuck at home with no real reason to dress up, put on makeup etc is doing my head in.

also now my ppl is finished and I'm not on an income, I feel bad spending money on clothes. my freelance work generates a bit of income so I'll work on ramping that up now my ppl is over. can be my clothing allowance/pocket money
    There will be things you will have to dress up for in the future lol. It would be better to have the dress if you want it, rather than just to let it go and an occasion come up in the future where you think "ugh that dress would have been perfect!" lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am.....#16

So saddened by the senseless shooting in Orlando and disgusted by some of the comments on social media ! Makes me so angry

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (13-06-2016),gingermillie  (13-06-2016),HearMeRoar  (13-06-2016),pointless1  (13-06-2016),Tiny Dancer  (13-06-2016),twinklify  (13-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Train View Post
    I am really angry with DP. I bought a new second hand landcruiser a few months ago with under 200k on the odometer. His car is not suitable (really unsafe) to have a baby seat in so my car is our sole means of transport. He took it away 4wd'ing for the long weekend and said he wouldn't do anything stupid well he killed my car and it will cost thousands to fix and I will have to walk the kids over an hour each way to school until it is fixed.
    What's wrong with his car? I'm a fitter and may be able to help. Send me a message if you want.