Closed Thread
Page 87 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    Sad that DH has to go back to work.
    Good luck xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    a bit dejected. finally got to go shopping today and saw lots of nice things...stuff that you see and think if cash was no object, I'd wear that sort of stuff. it's not even overly expensive stuff...it's just I have nowhere to wear anything I want. I said to dh, what's the point of even bothering, where would I wear it, the local Coles? we don't go anywhere that requires cool fashiony stuff and I feel wasteful buying it and wearing it out to a local pizza joint for dinner. so I continue frumping around in the same old threads. sigh. what do others do with this issue? like if you see something you really like, it suits you and it's not too out of budget...but you have no place really to wear it. leave it or buy it anyway?
    I am weird but I honestly wear it all to Coles.

I wore my nice Kitten Damour pants to my brothers house yesterday when the kids had a playdate. Literally the kind of family playdate where my brother was elbow deep in greasy Gemini engine.

I wear it all to the local shops. I honestly got rid of most lounge wear stuff. So i would get it. And wear it even if I am overdressed (I am always overdressed).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am really angry with DP. I bought a new second hand landcruiser a few months ago with under 200k on the odometer. His car is not suitable (really unsafe) to have a baby seat in so my car is our sole means of transport. He took it away 4wd'ing for the long weekend and said he wouldn't do anything stupid well he killed my car and it will cost thousands to fix and I will have to walk the kids over an hour each way to school until it is fixed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    a bit dejected. finally got to go shopping today and saw lots of nice things...stuff that you see and think if cash was no object, I'd wear that sort of stuff. it's not even overly expensive stuff...it's just I have nowhere to wear anything I want. I said to dh, what's the point of even bothering, where would I wear it, the local Coles? we don't go anywhere that requires cool fashiony stuff and I feel wasteful buying it and wearing it out to a local pizza joint for dinner. so I continue frumping around in the same old threads. sigh. what do others do with this issue? like if you see something you really like, it suits you and it's not too out of budget...but you have no place really to wear it. leave it or buy it anyway?
    Sometimes I buy it, others no. There was this beautiful formal dress on sale down from $199 to $50 plus a further 20% off. I have had my eye on this dress for awhile coz of how beautiful it is. I never bought it though because I bought something else I would wear. Plus I literally go no wear ever these days apart from woolies. I have so many dresses that I don't wear because they are too dressy. I work literally every weekend so I never go out with friends for a drink or anything to wear half of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil View Post
    How do you manage make up with the tiny T. rex arms? Ok I'm sorry, I will stop! I couldn't resist. X
    Hahahahahahaha... my poor baby girl fell off my b00b due to me laughing.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Olive Oil  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I am going to freaking well explode. 2 teens girls whinging because they can't find their uniforms. It's all my fault apparently. Not the fact the have all their uniforms dirty and hidden in their cupboards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    I am going to freaking well explode. 2 teens girls whinging because they can't find their uniforms. It's all my fault apparently. Not the fact the have all their uniforms dirty and hidden in their cupboards.
    I had the same thing this morning!!! Not my fault when I asked them at least 10 times yesterday to get the dirty clothes out of their room so I can wash them.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 2 girls 1 boy For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (13-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    about to stop procrastinating & start to see if there is any way at all I can fit all my expenses into my budget, and plan what I am going to do with the extra funds I get at this time of year if I wait until I can also get an advance payment on my DSP (possible a cheap car that actually runs since mine is going to cost more than it is worth to fix). Living here without a car sucks
    If you can't work it out you can always see a financial counsellor (I think centrelink may have them - but The Salvos etc should as well). They can do budgets etc and they are free.

Good luck with the car. Car buying sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    There was a play date/BBQ organised for the kids at my library group that I was not privy to as I wasn't on Facebook. Not the first time I've missed out on being invited as I've been forgotten.
    Do they have a private group with these details on them? I have a Facebook account only so I can be a me never of my gyms social group. I post nothing and have no friends so I don't get caught up in the Facebook world but still get invited to things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    far too muc TMI but in total OMG what am I going to do mode - have waken up this morning to find that my dog has had diarrhea overnight & there is quite literally liquid dog poop from one end of the house to the other. I don't even know where to start with cleaning it up (as well as possibly now having to work out how to afford to take her to the vet if it is still happening on a public holiday when I have zero money - right now she is happily sleeping in bed so will see