Closed Thread
Page 86 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    thanks ladies, love all the support and encouragement. you're all absolutely right, life is too short for frumpiness

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    thanks ladies, love all the support and encouragement. you're all absolutely right, life is too short for frumpiness
    Exactly. I also pay money for good clothes so I don't have to try so hard to look respectable on my days off. A good quality pair of jeans, well made top and a jacket or jumper, plus a good pair of boots or trainers and I feel a million bucks.

I may only be going to woollies and doing the school run, but when I catch a glimpse of myself I feel good, and that's worth it to me.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (13-06-2016),Ngaiz  (12-06-2016),turquoisecoast  (12-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    you've all convinced me

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (13-06-2016),Tiny Dancer  (13-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    about to stop procrastinating & start to see if there is any way at all I can fit all my expenses into my budget, and plan what I am going to do with the extra funds I get at this time of year if I wait until I can also get an advance payment on my DSP (possible a cheap car that actually runs since mine is going to cost more than it is worth to fix). Living here without a car sucks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    I wear it!!! Honestly!

Over the years, I acquired an entire wardrobe full of special occasion dresses, nice tops, pants, skirts and stilettos. Well, now I wear it, everyday! I wear stilettos every day, even if I just do school drop off and a trip to the supermarket. I wear high heels with jeans, with shorts, anything. If I see a nice item of clothing on sale, even if it's really fancy, I buy it, and I wear it.

I also wear a full face of makeup everyday. So that I can match. I find it really boosts my confidence, knowing that I look good, I'm never frumpy anymore and I feel better for it..

So, I say do it! Buy the nice items of clothing and wear them!!
    How do you manage make up with the tiny T. rex arms? Ok I'm sorry, I will stop! I couldn't resist. X

I'm am sad, my parents dog who has been in our lives for many passed away. Loved that dog like crazy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

twinklify  (13-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default I am.....#16

Now on Facebook. I hate it and makes me feel yuck and overwhelmed and like I'm giving myself up but I gave in knowing it's used as a means of communication from their future school and I don't want my daughters missing out on opportunities like I have because I wasn't on Facebook

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Now on Facebook. I hate it and makes me feel yuck and overwhelmed and like I'm giving myself up but I gave in knowing it's used as a means of communication from their future school and I don't want my daughters missing out on opportunities like I have because I wasn't on Facebook
    I'm not on Facebook but don't feel like my girls are missing out. Not sure what you mean?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sad that DH has to go back to work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    you've all convinced me
    I agree with all the other turquoisecoast. I think though if you get the opportunity go shopping without Bub. I find it incredibly hard to concentrate on clothes shopping even with DS2 asleep in pram. Like I shouldn't be there or something. That and it's impossible to navigate through boutiques with a big pram and don't even get me started on change rooms!

I went out and bought a whole new wardrobe when DS1 was 6 months old it did wonders for my self esteem (and I didn't have anywhere to go either). This time round I started buying clothes while still pregnant, I am investing in stuff I really like (spending plenty of time researching online before buying) and I dress up nicely even if it's just to take DS1 to swim lessons or school drop off etc. I feel better and less mum frump 😊

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (13-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I'm not on Facebook but don't feel like my girls are missing out. Not sure what you mean?
    There was a play date/BBQ organised for the kids at my library group that I was not privy to as I wasn't on Facebook. Not the first time I've missed out on being invited as I've been forgotten.