Closed Thread
Page 85 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am stuck under a sleeping baby so using my time wisely scrolling through Pinterest for ideas for my backyard tropical garden oasis that I have not the time or money to create.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    a bit dejected. finally got to go shopping today and saw lots of nice things...stuff that you see and think if cash was no object, I'd wear that sort of stuff. it's not even overly expensive stuff...it's just I have nowhere to wear anything I want. I said to dh, what's the point of even bothering, where would I wear it, the local Coles? we don't go anywhere that requires cool fashiony stuff and I feel wasteful buying it and wearing it out to a local pizza joint for dinner. so I continue frumping around in the same old threads. sigh. what do others do with this issue? like if you see something you really like, it suits you and it's not too out of budget...but you have no place really to wear it. leave it or buy it anyway?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    a bit dejected. finally got to go shopping today and saw lots of nice things...stuff that you see and think if cash was no object, I'd wear that sort of stuff. it's not even overly expensive stuff...it's just I have nowhere to wear anything I want. I said to dh, what's the point of even bothering, where would I wear it, the local Coles? we don't go anywhere that requires cool fashiony stuff and I feel wasteful buying it and wearing it out to a local pizza joint for dinner. so I continue frumping around in the same old threads. sigh. what do others do with this issue? like if you see something you really like, it suits you and it's not too out of budget...but you have no place really to wear it. leave it or buy it anyway?

If you like a clothing item and you can afford it, I reckon just go ahead and buy it. Who cares if you just wear it to coles, if it makes you feel like a million bucks, sweet...and you would be the best dressed mumma around. Sometimes I just like to make myself feel better so I put something nice on, do my hair nicely and put eyeliner and mascara (the extent of my make up ability) just to go to the shops.
    Last edited by Marchbundle; 12-06-2016 at 17:19.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Marchbundle For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (12-06-2016),babyno1onboard  (12-06-2016),binnielici  (12-06-2016),Happymum2  (12-06-2016),HearMeRoar  (12-06-2016),sunnygirl79  (13-06-2016),turquoisecoast  (12-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marchbundle View Post
    If you like a clothing item and you can afford it, I reckon just go ahead and buy it. Who cares if you just wear it to coles, if it makes you feel like a million bucks, sweet...and you would be the best dressed mumma around.
    I completely agree with this. And I find dressing up, new clothes and putting some effort into my appearance really helps my mood.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (12-06-2016),binnielici  (12-06-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (12-06-2016),turquoisecoast  (12-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    true...I also feel like having nice things in my closet though and nowhere to wear them kind of underscores my no life/nowhere to wear this stuff.

I saw this nice black jumper at seed, and it had these thick braids over it as decoration (also black). I thought it was classy but unusual. definitely my thing. I tried it on, it had massive in built shoulder pads (hello 1983 lol) which I wasn't huge on but overall it was nice and $150, so not too crazy. but I left it. couldn't justify the price given I have nowhere to wear it really. I'm not even working at the moment, if I was at least I could think I could wear it to work!

I got this instead with a voucher I had leftover from Xmas ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1465718054.424374.jpg

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Marchbundle  (12-06-2016),sunnygirl79  (13-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't feel like that. I think if you see something you like you should get it. You can still get dressed up to go shopping with friends etc or even have a fancy meal prepared at home for you both while the kids sleep. We do that. Grab some nice take out or DH cooks up a fancy feast from a cook book while I put the child to bed then I get dressed and we have date night at home

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (12-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am feeling satisfied after eating a snicker ice cream for dinner . After a massive roast pork at my folks for lunch today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Relieved that my dad is now getting better after becoming very unwell from after back surgery on Monday. Hopefully he will be having a blood transfusion tomorrow & if all is well with his chest/termp/walking etc he might be getting to go home Tuesday (as much as family frustrate the crap out of me & are not great supports I love my dad in particular)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to pointless1 For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (13-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wear it!!! Honestly!

Over the years, I acquired an entire wardrobe full of special occasion dresses, nice tops, pants, skirts and stilettos. Well, now I wear it, everyday! I wear stilettos every day, even if I just do school drop off and a trip to the supermarket. I wear high heels with jeans, with shorts, anything. If I see a nice item of clothing on sale, even if it's really fancy, I buy it, and I wear it.

I also wear a full face of makeup everyday. So that I can match. I find it really boosts my confidence, knowing that I look good, I'm never frumpy anymore and I feel better for it..

So, I say do it! Buy the nice items of clothing and wear them!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a wardrobe full of nice dresses/blouses/skirts/jackets/boots/stilletos that I'd started collecting before DS was born. Now we've moved to a rural, almost tropical area, there is no way I can wear them. Seriously. I wore jeans, singlet top, cardi, a light scarf and lipstick the other day (the only cooler day we've had), and dropped into DH's work. They asked me why I was dressed up. 😕😂 I was going to try some of my more simple items, but perhaps not a great idea up here 😧
    I've now got a theory - if it suits, fits well, within budget, and makes me happy (I've tried dresses on that make me smile when I see them in the mirror), just buy it. I've regretted not buying some things I've found. I can wear them on holidays, right?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post: