Closed Thread
Page 8 of 105 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    wishing dh would hurry up and leave work on time (it's Friday ffs) so I could get a break too? 🙄
    and now he's not answering his phone. urge to smash something rising....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    and now he's not answering his phone. urge to smash something rising....
    Eat your own dinner if you can. Forget about his.

Then just hand bub over when you get home - with a list of what needs to be done over the next hour or two and then go watch netflix etc etc abd he can deal with it.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (15-04-2016),Tiny Dancer  (15-04-2016),turquoisecoast  (15-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default I am.....#16

Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Eat your own dinner if you can. Forget about his.

Then just hand bub over when you get home - with a list of what needs to be done over the next hour or two and then go watch netflix etc etc abd he can deal with it.
    dinner isn't even made!

I want him to get here so I can take a break and do some urgent stuff that needs doing. working in the hour breaks I get when bub is asleep isn't hugely productive.

I feel annoyed now, great start to the weekend!

ETA: I wish I had time for Netflix!!
    Last edited by turquoisecoast; 15-04-2016 at 18:28.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (15-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    dinner isn't even made!

I want him to get here so I can take a break and do some urgent stuff that needs doing. working in the hour breaks I get when bub is asleep isn't hugely productive.

I feel annoyed now, great start to the weekend!
    Dinner will be first on his list. While juggling baby.

I know how it feels. It happened a lot with DS.

They have no idea about it because they are 'at work' while we are tearing our hair out because nothing is done. And you are starving. And tired. And still have not had a shower.

And they come in and say 'what did you do today? Where's dinner?'

Hope he gets home soon and you can finish what you need to do.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (16-04-2016),sunnygirl79  (15-04-2016),turquoisecoast  (15-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Dinner will be first on his list. While juggling baby.

I know how it feels. It happened a lot with DS.

They have no idea about it because they are 'at work' while we are tearing our hair out because nothing is done. And you are starving. And tired. And still have not had a shower.

And they come in and say 'what did you do today? Where's dinner?'

Hope he gets home soon and you can finish what you need to do.
    thanks!

he took bub as soon as he got home and fed him some ebm I'd prepared. I then went and did some work and got dinner organized (boil pasta and reheat sauce lol).

boob bar is now closed for the night and I'm enjoying a big glass of red! I think I've earned it!! 🍷🍷🍷

9. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

twinklify  (15-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default I am.....#16

a bit horrified. I just randomly googled cry it out method as I don't know very much about it and I'm bored drinking my coffee here on my own.

now I'm worried I've been inadvertently using it!? I put ds down for a nap and if he's overtired/a bit cranky he'll be doing those tired cries "waaaahh!!" *snort* "waaaahhhh!!" *snort snort* then just conks out. I always give it 5 mins and ensure the cries are of the tired variety and not increasing in urgency or pitch and that he quietens down. if he keeps crying past 5 mins or the cries increase, I'll go to him and see what the matter is.

is that cry it out!? I feel a bit awful now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    a bit horrified. I just randomly googled cry it out method as I don't know very much about it and I'm bored drinking my coffee here on my own.

now I'm worried I've been inadvertently using it!? I put ds down for a nap and if he's overtired/a bit cranky he'll be doing those tired cries "waaaahh!!" *snort* "waaaahhhh!!" *snort snort* then just conks out. I always give it 5 mins and ensure the cries are of the tired variety and not increasing in urgency or pitch and that he quietens down. if he keeps crying past 5 mins or the cries increase, I'll go to him and see what the matter is.

Depends. Only you know for sure what his cries sound like. How old is he?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    Depends. Only you know for sure what his cries sound like. How old is he?
    7 weeks on Thursday just gone. definitely not hungry cries, I'd never leave him to cry it out if he's hungry or needs a diaper change.

I just thought all bubs grizzled a bit when they got tired and needed a sleep and for that short window of time between when you put them down and when they conk out and fall asleep.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    7 weeks on Thursday just gone. definitely not hungry cries, I'd never leave him to cry it out if he's hungry or needs a diaper change.

I just thought all bubs grizzled a bit when they got tired and needed a sleep and for that short window of time between when you put them down and when they conk out and fall asleep.
    It's up to you. I personally never let any of my babies cry or even grizzle alone at 7 weeks but it was more because (a) I don't want to and (b) the crying usually escalated anyway. I was still breastfeeding to sleep (every sleep) until 12 weeks at least.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (16-04-2016),LoveLivesHere  (16-04-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

I don't class that as cry it out. Most babies will protest a little when self settling. If it's just a little noise, alternating with periods of silence, (rather than full on crying) I would class that as self-settling. I personally think it's extremely rare and uncommon to put a baby down awake and have them fall asleep by themselves in complete silence. Some do it, but most will protest a little. They don't sound really upset and fall asleep pretty quickly.

Cry it out is leaving them cry and get worked up to the point they get exhausted and fall asleep. And obviously not something you would do at 7 weeks - if at all.

You'll probably run into some very strong opinions either way on this matter - try to trust your instincts what feels right to you. If it's working for you then great - you're doing a great job!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (16-04-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (16-04-2016),turquoisecoast  (16-04-2016)