Closed Thread
Page 64 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 1041
  1. #631
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,747
    Thanks
    3,825
    Thanked
    3,655
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I am frustrated with Centrelink. I have uploaded my claim 3 times now. They don"t even get back to me if they need anything else. I have uploaded docs. I need DD's Medicare.

    I am also still worried about DD and will probably get no more sleep. Se was so so wheezy. No home dr available. Called 13health. They said see a dr - hospital if it gets worse. DH does not think hospital is needed now though. I am so tired and stressed I just don't know.

    We have cleared out her nose as much as we could. Sitting in the rocking chair and she is breathing a bit better so will try and nap here. Going back to the dr tomorrow (my preferred GP hopefully). She is just so little!
    How did u go last night? Any better this morning? Can imagine the cold air isn't helping xx

  2. #632
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,962
    Thanks
    698
    Thanked
    2,302
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    How did u go last night? Any better this morning? Can imagine the cold air isn't helping xx
    Made a drs appointment today. I called 13health in a panic at 1 in rhe morning because she was wheezy.We got a 'get home dr but go to hospital if she starts gasping/is pale' advice. Called home dr. One does not service area. The other is 'off' until 5am and then wait 2-3 hours. So I just decided there is no point and we will see normal dr. We managed to clear her mucus out a bit in the end and when she was calm and sleeping she sounded a little better. So we had a sleep. This morning she is still having trouble. She breathes fast and the sides of her chest go in so much.

  3. #633
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,747
    Thanks
    3,825
    Thanked
    3,655
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Made a drs appointment today. I called 13health in a panic at 1 in rhe morning because she was wheezy.We got a 'get home dr but go to hospital if she starts gasping/is pale' advice. Called home dr. One does not service area. The other is 'off' until 5am and then wait 2-3 hours. So I just decided there is no point and we will see normal dr. We managed to clear her mucus out a bit in the end and when she was calm and sleeping she sounded a little better. So we had a sleep. This morning she is still having trouble. She breathes fast and the sides of her chest go in so much.
    I was told fast breathing is a sign of difficulty especially if it's consistent. Good thing you are getting her checked out. Going to ER at 1am isn't pleasant and u would likely have to wait hours anyway so u did the right thing keeping her home. I am not sure what they can do unless they hospitalise though. Let us know how u go. So scary when they are so small.

  4. #634
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,962
    Thanks
    698
    Thanked
    2,302
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    I was told fast breathing is a sign of difficulty especially if it's consistent. Good thing you are getting her checked out. Going to ER at 1am isn't pleasant and u would likely have to wait hours anyway so u did the right thing keeping her home. I am not sure what they can do unless they hospitalise though. Let us know how u go. So scary when they are so small.
    In the meantime found out that my PPL/Medicare claim keeps going stoopid.

    It goes from 100% complete - checked it last night as I panicked about no Medicare for DD and they have it at 75% and gave new requirements without letters/notice or anything. The claim even says 'submitted' not 'in progress'. So updated more docs and hopefully they will just do it finally!
    Last edited by twinklify; 25-05-2016 at 09:06.

  5. #635
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,249
    Thanks
    1,061
    Thanked
    807
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Hugs - it is hard.

    Prepare for thr first week or two to be great but then it may go downhill. If that happens it is normal. If it does not happen it is normal. Does not make it any easier for us.

    What are you doing today? Home or work?
    At home. I can't find a part time job up here that isn't retail (or in the health field and I'm not qualified for that!)... and even those are few and far between! I might have to study again (something in allied health maybe?) to keep me busy.

    There is also nothing I am interested in seeing at the movies. I've just had a massage. Too broke to justify a mani or pedi. Or shopping (not that there is anywhere for me to really shop). I'm baking. Avocado brownies, breakfast biscuits, zucchini muffins, apple and cinnamon mini muffins. If I have enough time and supplies, I'll add choc chip biscuits, and maybe some pikelets and muesli bars.

  6. #636
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,962
    Thanks
    698
    Thanked
    2,302
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    At home. I can't find a part time job up here that isn't retail (or in the health field and I'm not qualified for that!)... and even those are few and far between! I might have to study again (something in allied health maybe?) to keep me busy.

    There is also nothing I am interested in seeing at the movies. I've just had a massage. Too broke to justify a mani or pedi. Or shopping (not that there is anywhere for me to really shop). I'm baking. Avocado brownies, breakfast biscuits, zucchini muffins, apple and cinnamon mini muffins. If I have enough time and supplies, I'll add choc chip biscuits, and maybe some pikelets and muesli bars.
    Oh excellent! Keeping busy. Was going to say keep busy at home/work.

    Sounds like lots of yum stuff.

    And the no work does not sound fun.

  7. #637
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,962
    Thanks
    698
    Thanked
    2,302
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am guessing when you try and call centrelink and the line is busy it is probably pointless to try....

  8. #638
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,962
    Thanks
    698
    Thanked
    2,302
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I am guessing when you try and call centrelink and the line is busy it is probably pointless to try....
    I am so so lucky. So, I tried again. 35 mins on hold. Must be a record of speediest hold time ever...

    Actually got help from the centrelink AND Medicare and only less than 50 minutes out of my day. Win!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

    sunnygirl79  (25-05-2016)

  10. #639
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,249
    Thanks
    1,061
    Thanked
    807
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I am so so lucky. So, I tried again. 35 mins on hold. Must be a record of speediest hold time ever...

    Actually got help from the centrelink AND Medicare and only less than 50 minutes out of my day. Win!
    I called centrelink the other day.... I'd called, answered all their questions and had my question answered and an application done, and hung up in 15 minutes 😮

    I think I was on hold for maybe 1 or 2 minutes. I was shocked.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

    twinklify  (25-05-2016)

  12. #640
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,249
    Thanks
    1,061
    Thanked
    807
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am about to go and pick up DS from daycare. I hope he's had a good day!


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pyjamas.com.au
With so many gorgeous brands and styles for every season, our pyjamas, nighties, robes, sleepsuits and sleeping bags are lovely for lights out and perfect for lazy days. Get 10% off first order using code bubhub. Be quick offer ends 31/12/16.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Shapland Swim Schools
Semi private learn to swim classes for a maximum of 3 children in specialized heated teaching pools. Our swim schools are located across Brisbane, Ipswich and the Sunshine Coast, ensuring there's a school near you.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!