Closed Thread
Page 59 of 105 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    In heaven after sleeping in budget budget hotels and boats for almost 2 weeks, I am in a cheap but beautiful hotel in Abu Dhabi. The bed won me over so much
    Attached Images

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (22-05-2016),binnielici  (22-05-2016),smallpotatoes  (22-05-2016),SuperGranny  (23-05-2016),Tiny Dancer  (22-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I am over it. So over being awake for 2 hours woth DD nowhere near sleeping. Sick of being sick. I am getting worse again as my throat is now killing me. Of course I can't get better. I never get any freaking sleep.
    Have you tried warm salt water gargles? Nothing worse than a sore throat you can't treat because of breast feeding!

I relied on salt water gargle, warm honey lemon and ginger 'tea' and panadol to get me through.

Hugs hope it clears soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    Have you tried warm salt water gargles? Nothing worse than a sore throat you can't treat because of breast feeding!

I relied on salt water gargle, warm honey lemon and ginger 'tea' and panadol to get me through.

Hugs hope it clears soon!
    I am one of those people who can't gargle. Grrr!

I will be onto the honey/lemon/ginger though.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (22-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I am over it. So over being awake for 2 hours woth DD nowhere near sleeping. Sick of being sick. I am getting worse again as my throat is now killing me. Of course I can't get better. I never get any freaking sleep.
    I got the best throat spray - I think it was Difflam. Just took the edge off the pain so it didn't hurt each time I swallowed. No gargling required!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    I got the best throat spray - I think it was Difflam. Just took the edge off the pain so it didn't hurt each time I swallowed. No gargling required!
    Had a look and not sure if its ok for breastfeeding. Its a Cat B so on medical advice for pregnancy.

If it persists I'll go to the dr tomorrow anyway. I've seen sick for well over a week and its gotten worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    someone on my local mums & bubs fb group just posted asking for recommendations for hospitals that still do male circumcision. the rwh apparently does not (good!!). I know it's very judgey of me but seriously wtf. what parent puts religious beliefs ahead of their own child's wellbeing? I cannot fathom mutilating an innocent little baby on the grounds of some theological bs.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (23-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    someone on my local mums & bubs fb group just posted asking for recommendations for hospitals that still do male circumcision. the rwh apparently does not (good!!). I know it's very judgey of me but seriously wtf. what parent puts religious beliefs ahead of their own child's wellbeing? I cannot fathom mutilating an innocent little baby on the grounds of some theological bs.
    Be gentle with your words. For many people it's a small price to pay for eternal salvation for them. In their minds they are doing the best for their children.

Disagree by all means. But they might think aspects of your parenting to be 'wrong'. Like you, they want the best for their children.

On that note. I come from a strong faith based background and I understand the need to follow faith based practices.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (22-05-2016),HearMeRoar  (22-05-2016),LoveLivesHere  (22-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Be gentle with your words. For many people it's a small price to pay for eternal salvation for them. In their minds they are doing the best for their children.

Disagree by all means. But they might think aspects of your parenting to be 'wrong'. Like you, they want the best for their children.

On that note. I come from a strong faith based background and I understand the need to follow faith based practices.
    I know where you're coming from and I really WANT to reserve judgement/disgust but it's so hard to fathom.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (23-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I am defending my choice to use the mini Mars bars I brought for making cookies in the actually cookies.

All the kids think I am mean not giving them one each. If I did I wouldn't have enough for whole cookie mix. This way they have some for today and 3 batches in the freezer for another day.

I am such a mean mum, you know making cookies and all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default I am.....#16

Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I know where you're coming from and I really WANT to reserve judgement/disgust but it's so hard to fathom.
    Don't worry you're not alone. I really can't stand circumcision for any (non medical) reason. And religion isn't a good one for me. Lots of practices are banned now even though a religion would want it. I can't fathom why this one isn't.
    Last edited by Sonja; 22-05-2016 at 23:22.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (22-05-2016),VicPark  (23-05-2016)