Closed Thread
Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    yeah that's what I'm thinking!! I'm hoping he's ok.

how long after the shots could he react? like 24 hours or could a reaction come later than that?
    I am no expert but any reaction is likely to be mild and occur within 24-48 hours. I have only ever heard of babies getting mild fevers, becoming whingy or sleeping more than normal. They will give you info on possible side effects when you go in (well they usually do). I can't really remember DS1 I don't think he reacted at least not noticeably. He was always whingy so wouldn't have known any different!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (13-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    yeah that's what I'm thinking!! I'm hoping he's ok.

how long after the shots could he react? like 24 hours or could a reaction come later than that?
    My two girls have reacted just a few hours afterwards. So for example, yesterday my four month old dd2 had her vaccinations at 11am and woke up from her nap at 2:30pm screaming. Lasted about 45 minutes until panadol kicked in. Then she fell asleep again pretty quickly, and was cranky for the rest of the day. Had a temp overnight. She's fine today though. Now I've seen her react like this I'll give her panadol a short time after her next vaccinations to prevent the screaming again. Funnily enough my DS never reacted to vaccinations, just my girls.
    Last edited by Bond Girl; 13-04-2016 at 21:20.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    thanks ladies. I hope he's ok but I'll find out tomo I guess lol. do you just buy baby panadol? or is there a specific one for tiny babies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I am.....#16

thanks ladies. I hope he's ok but I'll find out tomo I guess lol. do you just buy baby panadol? or is there a specific one for tiny babies?
    Baby panadol. I'm pretty sure you can give it from 4 weeks whereas baby nurofen is from 3 months. Good luck, I'm sure everything will be fine.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Just an old lady tip but don't dose before a vax because it can mask a reaction.
    If they do have a fever/pain, then paracetamol is the way to go. Just ask your pharmacist.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (13-04-2016),HearMeRoar  (14-04-2016),HeavenBlue  (14-04-2016),turquoisecoast  (13-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Just an old lady tip but don't dose before a vax because it can mask a reaction.
    If they do have a fever/pain, then paracetamol is the way to go. Just ask your pharmacist.
    thanks. yeah definitely not planning to dose before the vax.

I feel really anxious about it. like I know what's in store for him and he doesn't and it's upsetting me that he'll be upset and crying. I wish dh was coming with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am over it tonight. Toddler meltdowns then covered in baby vomit (I swear she threw up her entire stomach contents) and cleaning up me, her, the bed (need to wash sheets tomorrow) and still no sleep.

I close my eyes and in my half sleep I am having weird dreams. Freaks me out! As the *could* be happening or could be a dream.

I am now going to *try* to finally sleep.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (14-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week

I feel really anxious about it. like I know what's in store for him and he doesn't and it's upsetting me that he'll be upset and crying. I wish dh was coming with me.
    I empathise so much, especially with having your DH as the stabiliser/comforter but he might not get that upset. I sent myself into a mega spin about my third getting his four year old needles and made DH come with me for the first time and the boy didn't even make a sound! Don't over think it - you're his world at this point and you will be there - if he cries, you'll make it better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

None of my 4 have cried during needles (apart from the 4 yo ones - then that really turned on the water works!).

Try not to stress. Even if he does cry it's over so quickly. The first ones are hard but it will get easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am pretty sure DS2 has some sort of internal clock that makes him not only awake but fully wired at 2am every night. I don't think there is a 2am I haven't seen since he we born.

2am sucks.