Closed Thread
Page 42 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default I am.....#16

I love the Canberra winter. Yes when it's wet it can be hard. Last year I just put our gumboots and rain jackets on and off we went! But when the sun is shinning, the air is so clear and crisp and the light like crystal I couldn't be happier.

I remember this coming up before how some of us are energised by the cold and find the heat turns us in to sloths and vice versa for others.

It's such a shame that we don't necessarily get to chose where we live!

If it's any consolation @Rose&Aurelia&Hannah my DH (whose job is the reason we moved here) is MISERABLE he hates the cold! We will have to compromise at some point I don't want to go back to FNQ and he doesn't want to be so far south.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am.....#16

@Clementine Grace I find take away in general pretty shocking and scarce down here. Any suggestions for a good pizza place?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    I love the Canberra winter. Yes when it's wet it can be hard. Last year I just put our gumboots and rain jackets on and off we went! But when the sun is shinning, the air is so clear and crisp and the light like crystal I couldn't be happier.

I have to admit this is me too, I'm in hospital at the moment but my view is a bright blustery day and beautiful autumn leaves, I love the freshness of the air. I'm a winter creature for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    @Clementine Grace I find take away in general pretty shocking and scarce down here. Any suggestions for a good pizza place?
    Hmm I'm not the best one to ask because my DP is a great cook and he does amazing home made pizza so we very rarely order it! There used to be a great place in kingston but I can't remember the name. There used be one, Firestone I think it's called in Braddon which was good but that's not really helpful if you're in the suburbs.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (10-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    I am miserable.

Canberra is so so sh!tty. The weather is miserable, the Cost of living huge, some people are nice but most are so standoffish. No one is actually cheerful and happy ever, if you ask them how they are.

Plus there is zero decent Indian take away here. I mean seriously. It's so crap and over priced so I can't even comfort myself with a decent vindaloo. Hanging out for May 22. Dh is off to Sydney and he had promised to be bring me home some real takeaway.
    I smell a business opportunity 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    I smell a business opportunity 😉
    A nice smelling business opportunity at that. Mmmm curry. Ok so now I'm hungry.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (11-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Over today. DS2 has just been a whingy tantrum throwing mess today. I've had a resurgence of MS and have been feeling nausea off and on all day. The expensive but exceedingly stupid purebred mut is driving me bonkers. I'm trying to tidy and declutter the house pre baby - which works so well with the above mentioned tantrum monster, mut and MS 😏 over it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Losing my mind on realestate dot com. I've looked at so many houses that I'm just confused and frustrated. It shouldn't be like this. I still haven't heard back about the house I applied for on Saturday and to be honest I just can't cope with this whole situation anymore.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    I am miserable.

Canberra is so so sh!tty. The weather is miserable, the Cost of living huge, some people are nice but most are so standoffish. No one is actually cheerful and happy ever, if you ask them how they are.

Plus there is zero decent Indian take away here. I mean seriously. It's so crap and over priced so I can't even comfort myself with a decent vindaloo. Hanging out for May 22. Dh is off to Sydney and he had promised to be bring me home some real takeaway.
    I'm originally a Queenslander. I've been in Canberra 7 years and I still hate winter. I want to hibernate each winter and when spring comes along I feel alive again. But we're pretty settled and we've built a bit of a village, so here we stay! Apart from the weather I actually do love it.

There is no nice Indian places here however and its better making my own.

I'm sorry things arent going well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    Please don't tease. I miss Canberra winters. My favourite time of the year there. Meanwhile, winter has clearly been cancelled in Qld this year. I don't think it is going to happen.
    Agreed. It's still so warm! I would love a bit of a chill right now.

And I lived in Canberra for almost 3 years. The only reason I hated winter is because the house was so cold as it was un-insulated. Coming from the UK I'm used to cold weather but at least my house there was centrally heated with radiators, double glazed and insulated!