Closed Thread
Page 41 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Still wearing singlets up here. Also want to wear jeans and nice tops. Very limited summer breastfeeding wardrobe, didn't think I would need it by now!
    I baby wear 99% of my awake time and it is just so hot and uncomfy for the both of us.

Not sure if it's a better idea to just hang out in the shops or home tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    Please don't tease. I miss Canberra winters. My favourite time of the year there. Meanwhile, winter has clearly been cancelled in Qld this year. I don't think it is going to happen.
    Not teasing. I'm cold. I hate the cold/winter. It makes me feel depressed and sad.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (10-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Not teasing. I'm cold. I hate the cold/winter. It makes me feel depressed and sad.
    Hugs. I know exactly what you mean.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (09-05-2016),turquoisecoast  (10-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fair enough. I hate gloomy days but found Canberra winters are great because they were mostly sunny. Cold but still sunny.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Addicted to EarthCam

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So many people who think like me! @SSecret Squirrel I miss Canberra's winters too. I found the same thing, cold but sunny. I enjoyed going for walks there in winter. I also love my layers and boots. @twinklify, I'm also over the 30s (or near enough) temps. I'm not sure how people baby wear up here without having the a/c blasting all the time.

It was still warm enough at 5 pm for me to be sweating slightly. Ugh
    @Rose&Aurelia&Hannah - I'm really sorry you aren't enjoying Canberra at the moment. I found it hard when the cold set in, but by the end of June I was ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am miserable.

Canberra is so so sh!tty. The weather is miserable, the Cost of living huge, some people are nice but most are so standoffish. No one is actually cheerful and happy ever, if you ask them how they are.

Plus there is zero decent Indian take away here. I mean seriously. It's so crap and over priced so I can't even comfort myself with a decent vindaloo. Hanging out for May 22. Dh is off to Sydney and he had promised to be bring me home some real takeaway.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am.....#16

Hugs RAH xx

I Know a couple people that lived in Canberra and they moved after less than a year after enduring a Canberra winter. One was my family when my older brother was just born. My mum forced dad to quit his new job and move back otherwise she would leave. She found it bitterly cold, not a nice cold like in the snow fields, and awfully depressing with a little one, and not much to eat or do.

I know that's not an option for you. Do whatever you have to to keep sane and warm xxx

Eta: the Indian is here is awful too. Bland and not authentic, like packet mixes. I wish I could cook it myself.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 10-05-2016 at 09:14.

Thanks
    Reviews

Plus there is zero decent Indian take away here. I mean seriously. It's so crap and over priced so I can't even comfort myself with a decent vindaloo. Hanging out for May 22. Dh is off to Sydney and he had promised to be bring me home some real takeaway.
    Have you tried Rama's at Pearce shops on the southside? Might possibly tide you over

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Have you tried Rama's at Pearce shops on the southside? Might possibly tide you over
    Yes. It's awful. My dh makes better curries.