Closed Thread
Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Relieved and happy that DS's first day at new daycare went really well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Californication  (13-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am sitting on the recliner with dd propped up in my arms. She keeps coughing so hard she can't sleep. Poor bubba. This is the second night in a row. She's fine in the day and then coughs like mad all night. She's so upset.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    I am sitting on the recliner with dd propped up in my arms. She keeps coughing so hard she can't sleep. Poor bubba. This is the second night in a row. She's fine in the day and then coughs like mad all night. She's so upset.
    Have you seen the dr? Could it be croup? (Noting that my DS never had croup so not sure if it would be something that did not have coughing during the day but only at night)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default I am.....#16

Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Have you seen the dr? Could it be croup? (Noting that my DS never had croup so not sure if it would be something that did not have coughing during the day but only at night)
    Haven't been to the dr yet. Will definitely take her tomorrow. She had a cold a week or so ago and I kind of thought the cough might be linked but that is seeming less likely now. Not sure about the croup. The more I listen to her, the more I think it sounds a bit like asthma actually. 😞

Eta: does anyone know what a croup cough would sound like? Is it similar to an asthma cough?
    Last edited by BettyV; 11-04-2016 at 23:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wondering if anyone knows of a good (cheap/on sale) place to buy kids converses. DS1 is growing out of his (that I picked up on random clearance for $10) and I can't justify $50-60 for more but he loves them and they wore really well.

Thanks
    Reviews

Eta: does anyone know what a croup cough would sound like? Is it similar to an asthma cough?
    Croup sounds like a seal or dog bark. Really harsh and odd sounding. Sometimes associated with noisey breathing on the in breath.

Asthma or wheezing is tight but not normally so loud and barky (for lack of a better word) and often associated with a noise breathing out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    Croup sounds like a seal or dog bark. Really harsh and odd sounding. Sometimes associated with noisey breathing on the in breath.

Asthma or wheezing is tight but not normally so loud and barky (for lack of a better word) and often associated with a noise breathing out.
    Thanks @Shani. Asthma I know well but I've never encountered croup. I don't think it's croup though based on your description.

Doctors in the morning. Now to get through the long night!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haven't been to the dr yet. Will definitely take her tomorrow. She had a cold a week or so ago and I kind of thought the cough might be linked but that is seeming less likely now. Not sure about the croup. The more I listen to her, the more I think it sounds a bit like asthma actually. 😞

Oh big hugs it's heartbreaking when they're like that. Croup sounds worse than it is definitely a loud barky sound. DS1 gets croup pretty much every time he gets sick, it's his first sign of a cold. Humidifier helps a lot. Was very scary when he was a baby the sound was awful. But it only ever lasts a night or 2 before progressing into a regular chesty cough.

I hope your night improves. Don't mess around if the cough gets worse or she has trouble breathing - my biggest fear is always whooping cough (don't want to scare you, just keep in mind).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    Wondering if anyone knows of a good (cheap/on sale) place to buy kids converses. DS1 is growing out of his (that I picked up on random clearance for $10) and I can't justify $50-60 for more but he loves them and they wore really well.
    Wow $10! I have often bought at a Myer sale when they have 30% off kids footwear etc. do you have a DFO near you that's another place I have seen them cheaper. Never $10 though!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

shani2  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @shani2 do you have a DFO or Harbour Town (or similar) near you? I know Harbour town on the GC and I think DFO in Brisbane both have Converse stores where you can get them cheaper, so might be worth checking out if you have either of these places near you. Otherwise I bought my cousin a pair from DJs on sale for about $30.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

shani2  (12-04-2016)