Closed Thread
Page 21 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 1041
  1. #201
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,942
    Thanks
    691
    Thanked
    2,297
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am in shock. DS is on his third serving of soup. That never ever happens...

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

    Little Miss Sunshine  (22-04-2016)

  3. #202
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked
    41
    Reviews
    0
    Wondering where my chopping board and measuring jug have been put. They magically vanished when my parents were visiting and have yet to reappear.

  4. #203
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,747
    Thanks
    3,825
    Thanked
    3,655
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Tired. We may be on top of his reflux but DS continues to be a cr@p sleeper. Haven't had one night since birth where he has slept well after midnight. And by well I mean for more than one hour at a time, and even when he is sleeping it's not sound sleep. It's noisy and unsettled. Add frequent feeds and attempts to resettle and it makes for a very long night. No improvement in sight at 7 weeks. I am so exhausted from spending my days trying to settle him, then up all night. I just want some sleeeeeeeep.

  5. #204
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    10,495
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked
    9,003
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    @sunnygirl79 so many hugs. All mine were dreadful sleepers from newborn during that midnight to morning period. My one that showed promise wound up with silent reflux and by the time the meds worked she was so unsettled we had to start all over again.

    I know it's not SIDS recommended but the only thing that worked for me was them sleeping on their tummies from around 12 weeks. I slept on the floor of their rooms while they did to check on them (I was up so much anyway) but it seemed to help the reflux and them to have longer. stretches of sleep.

    DD3 then went into a hip brace and tummy sleeping came to an end and she was back to being extremely unsettled again.

    I don't miss those days. My kids are now finally pretty good sleepers yet I still wake a lot. So much fun.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

    sunnygirl79  (23-04-2016)

  7. #205
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,747
    Thanks
    3,825
    Thanked
    3,655
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    @sunnygirl79 so many hugs. All mine were dreadful sleepers from newborn during that midnight to morning period. My one that showed promise wound up with silent reflux and by the time the meds worked she was so unsettled we had to start all over again.

    I know it's not SIDS recommended but the only thing that worked for me was them sleeping on their tummies from around 12 weeks. I slept on the floor of their rooms while they did to check on them (I was up so much anyway) but it seemed to help the reflux and them to have longer. stretches of sleep.

    DD3 then went into a hip brace and tummy sleeping came to an end and she was back to being extremely unsettled again.

    I don't miss those days. My kids are now finally pretty good sleepers yet I still wake a lot. So much fun.
    Thank you. My first slept well at night (well in between 3-4 feeds, but when he slept, he slept). This wriggly noisy Bub just doesn't seem to pass into that deep sleep cycle. We get it once a day (and some days we miss out all together), early evening. Then he is up and down like a yoyo. Usually every 1-1.5 hours (half of which is feeding/settling time, actual sleep is far less). Maybe I should experiment with giving his reflux meds later in day and see if that helps - currently we are doing around 1-2pm.

    I do wonder about the tummy thing. Or at least sleeping on his side. Half the time he is in bed with me anyway so I am already failing on the sids recommendations. I want him to find his thumb to suck as I know this helped DS1 a lot I just can't remember what age he did that. Dummy just doesn't have the same success. I know it will get easier, doesn't help me now though 😫.

    Sigh. He has a stuffy nose tonight. He isn't sick, it's only apparent when flat on his back. But yah another thing to add to the list of things that p!ss him off.

  8. #206
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    10,495
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked
    9,003
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    That's how I figured it out with mine. They would only sleep on my chest anyway so I figured they liked being on their tummies. It certainly became easier once they could have their arms unswaddled so I felt ok with them on their tummies. They also all bad freakishly strong necks from birth so could rise onto their arms and turn their heads if they wanted to switch from side to side.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

    sunnygirl79  (23-04-2016)

  10. #207
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    10,495
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked
    9,003
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    And I agree I don't find it very comforting knowing it will get better either. Intellectually yes but I struggle with sleep deprivation and often felt resentful. Not a nice feeling but I did.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

    sunnygirl79  (23-04-2016)

  12. #208
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,747
    Thanks
    3,825
    Thanked
    3,655
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    That's how I figured it out with mine. They would only sleep on my chest anyway so I figured they liked being on their tummies. It certainly became easier once they could have their arms unswaddled so I felt ok with them on their tummies. They also all bad freakishly strong necks from birth so could rise onto their arms and turn their heads if they wanted to switch from side to side.
    DS2 is like this too! Crazy strong neck. Have seriously nearly dropped him a few times (and others have too) because he lifts his head back with such strength and force whilst being carried it comes by surprise. He pushed right up the first time we tried tummy time when he was less than 2 weeks old.
    I might try the sleeping on tummy thing during day (using a grobag) while I can sit beside him the whole time just to see. Any time I normally place him on tummy he just tries to crawl (!!).

  13. #209
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,747
    Thanks
    3,825
    Thanked
    3,655
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    And I agree I don't find it very comforting knowing it will get better either. Intellectually yes but I struggle with sleep deprivation and often felt resentful. Not a nice feeling but I did.
    Yes I find I am resenting my DH for sleeping. But would rather he do that than me having to deal with a tired cranky husband as well 😂

  14. #210
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    10,495
    Thanks
    1,430
    Thanked
    9,003
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Yes I find I am resenting my DH for sleeping. But would rather he do that than me having to deal with a tired cranky husband as well 😂
    My DH is extremely helpful but I accept while breastfeeding its down to me. I get resentful of my babies! Why can't they just sleep FFS! I try to be zen but it's just not me.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

    sunnygirl79  (23-04-2016)


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pebblebee
Parents spend hours looking for things they need NOW. The keys, the remote, darling daughter's treasured teddy. Stop wasting precious time looking & start finding with Bub Hub reviewed Pebblebee Smart Tag. Simply attach a Pebblebee and find it fast.
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
LCF Fun Languages Australia
We offer foreign language lessons for children 2-12 yrs in French, Spanish, Mandarin, Italian or German as after-school and preschool clubs or private language tuition. This is play-based, full immersion language learning with proven results!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!